Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

question about live round ejection

This is a discussion on question about live round ejection within the Guns and Knives forums, part of the Everything But Cigars category; Originally Posted by StogieJim Figured I'd ask here and not get flamed to death on the ruger forum I haven't ...

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish Steel Talon's Avatar

Re: question about live round ejection

Quote Originally Posted by StogieJim View Post
    Figured I'd ask here and not get flamed to death on the ruger forum

I haven't been able to take my Sr22 to the range very much due to ammunition shortages and I don't want to try this indoors until I know my gun inside and out.

Anyways, i was at the range and trying to learn every aspect of gun malfunction just in case. So I put a round in the chamber (entire round inside the barrel), took out the mag, made sure it was empty and put back in so it was able to be fired still. (gun won't fire if no mag in)

I then tried to take the live round out of the barrel by racking the slide, nothing happened. I literally had to tilt the gun back and use my fingernail to get the round out. That can't be right? Gun was also on safety as I didnt want the hammer to drop accidentally and a live round go off unexepectedly.

So if I've got a live round in the end of the barrel, how do i get it to eject completely? I need to know this as I plan to have this as a CCW once I get my license and learn everything I can about this pistol.Say I've got 9 in the mag and one in the chamber, how do i unload the thing completely when i get home? I was under the impression, take out mag, then rack slide and that last round will eject onto the ground/bed/etc.....??Thanks for all your help guys, shooting is fun!
    Your "impression" is correct....

I'm guessing.. It sounds like you were "riding" the slide (being gentle) Rack with authority and let the slide work as designed. If your pistol is still fresh it could still be settling in. Or, if you had been firing bulk pack 22lr prior to this failure, most bulk is pretty dirty and could of caused the failure. I would clean things up real well and try again..

When I'm clearning my pistol, I tend to tilt the ejection port down to the (right) side to let gravity assist ejection. (Barrel pointing level down range)

Good Karma
    Tal~
    Take your time...Don't live to fast..Troubles will come and they will pass..

Puffer Fish with many spikes Arizona Dave's Avatar

There's some really cool holsters that don't look like holsters at: https://www.sneakypeteholsters.com
    Would rather roll my own premium cigar from Whole leaf tobacco, than waste it on inferior blends that cost 3 to 5 times as much. More money in the bank

Mark, that Colt .45 is EFFIN BEAUTIFUL man!!!
    "Smoking cigars is not a sign of wealth. Having the time to smoke one is." - Fellow Puff Member

Tal, yea I got it going fine man, I was probably just being too nice to the slide

Dave, thanks for the link those look nice but they don't make one for the sr-22
    "Smoking cigars is not a sign of wealth. Having the time to smoke one is." - Fellow Puff Member

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2