Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Glock mags and new CO law?

This is a discussion on Glock mags and new CO law? within the Guns and Knives forums, part of the Everything But Cigars category; LOL move? I just got here last year...

Re: Glock mags and new CO law?

LOL move? I just got here last year
    "Smoking cigars is not a sign of wealth. Having the time to smoke one is." - Fellow Puff Member

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish djsmiles's Avatar

Its amuzing when people say "move". How about this, buy my house, get my ex to move the kids to where I live in a "free" state, and get me a new job.

As to the whole mag thing, screw CO. As far as I can tell, what you have now, and before July 1, will be good.
    When Tyranny Becomes Law, Rebellion Becomes Duty!!!

No longer a community member.

Quote Originally Posted by djsmiles View Post
    Its amuzing when people say "move". How about this, buy my house, get my ex to move the kids to where I live in a "free" state, and get me a new job.

As to the whole mag thing, screw CO. As far as I can tell, what you have now, and before July 1, will be good.

I am single so moving isn't a big deal plus am in Louisiana where we are coming up with some decent legislation ontop of it the local police have said they won't enforce any unconstitutional firearm laws.. So, even though I dislike living here my firearms are safe at the time being.. Now looking to move anywhere I have to check the state firearm laws... I was looking at moving to Colorado before any of this stuff happened ( Marijuana or Gun Control ) but I won't be moving to Colorado now...

HK .45 ACP USC / UMP Conversion w/ FBI Lower.

Hopefully get it SBR after all this b.s passes get a 8 inch barrel and a tungsten bolt need the 8" barrel so I can attach silencer take it hog hunting .. This is a fun FUN! plinking carbine. Going to eventually get some optics for it but I am saving up for a PVS14 night vision first... The end product will be 8" barrel, tungsten ump bolt, ml2+pvs14 optics and a can can't wait to finish this rifle up...

note: I know it is poor etiquette to post pictures of your rifle, but I have invested so much in customizing this rifle that it isn't just a rifle to me...
    Last edited by CarnivorousPelican; 03-25-2013 at 10:24 AM.

Let's say I drive an hour north to Wyoming. Think I can buy a few Glock mags there post July 1st? Cops already said they don't care about the magazine issue and will never enforce it.

I can't stock up now as they're charging like 80 bucks a mag in these parts. Would I be ID'd and denied when purchasing a Glock mag in a different state?

Pelican - Sick gun my man!
    "Smoking cigars is not a sign of wealth. Having the time to smoke one is." - Fellow Puff Member

Quote Originally Posted by StogieJim View Post
    Let's say I drive an hour north to Wyoming. Think I can buy a few Glock mags there post July 1st? Cops already said they don't care about the magazine issue and will never enforce it.

I can't stock up now as they're charging like 80 bucks a mag in these parts. Would I be ID'd and denied when purchasing a Glock mag in a different state?
    not in Wyoming... You can't just find them online?

Quote Originally Posted by CarnivorousPelican View Post
    not in Wyoming...
    Whatya mean by that? I can buy a mag with no problem?

I have never been ID for a mag in Louisiana and Wyoming is even more firearm gun ho...

My bad everywhere is sold out you will have to search around let me look around.. Ya you are going to have to search around a bit I would call ahead of time before driving an hour... Plus you gotta make sure they are glock factory mags not some odd ball mag...

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Vie...Item=333251442
    Last edited by CarnivorousPelican; 03-25-2013 at 07:01 PM.

whomever won that bid gottem at 36 bucks a piece...

It will probably be like all the other ban states. Nothing dated after a certain date is legal.

Oops, double post

THE RENT IS TOO DAMN HIGH!

Puffer Fish with some spikes shakinghorizons's Avatar

What you have now will still be legal (to you) after July 1. The problem (and loophole) is that ALL magazines are modifiable. You won't be ID'd in Wyoming for buying magazines, but the problem will be finding them. IF you can find them after July 1, manufactures will not ship over 15 round magazines into Colorado. It will be between you and the private seller if you were to wanting to ship one in after July 1.

Hope that all makes sense. I know my department will not be enforcing the ban, unless it is an additional charge.

THE RENT IS TOO DAMN HIGH!

Hermit thanks for the link but no glock 19 mag there. I am not in need of a mag now, but in a couple years from now, I think I'll want to buy a few more, hence my trip to Wyoming.

Colin, I've been hearing that more and more. Boulder County and Weld County said they won't be enforcing it either.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast