Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 31

Glock mags and new CO law?

This is a discussion on Glock mags and new CO law? within the Guns and Knives forums, part of the Everything But Cigars category; What's up guys? Wondering if anyone can chime in here as I'm hearing mixed opinion. On July 1st they are ...

  
  1. #1

    TWANGGGGG! StogieJim's Avatar


     

    Glock mags and new CO law?

    What's up guys? Wondering if anyone can chime in here as I'm hearing mixed opinion.

    On July 1st they are banning all mags that hold over 15 rounds here in CO. My G19 magazine holds 15.

    Now some things I've read online (news websites) say that even the Glock 15 round mags will be banned as you can modify them to hold more?

    Is this true? What happens in 5 years when I need a new magazine? Are they really banning all glock mags @ 15 rounds?
    "Smoking cigars is not a sign of wealth. Having the time to smoke one is." - Fellow Puff Member

  2. #2

    No longer a community member.


     

    Re: Glock mags and new CO law?

    old bill revised
    Last edited by CarnivorousPelican; 03-24-2013 at 05:41 PM.

  3. #3

    No longer a community member.


     

    Re: Glock mags and new CO law?

    Do you have a receipt? I would carry the receipt with the mags make copies of the receipt...


    Just like with silencers in Louisiana you have to keep the tax stamp and receipt with the silencer and it always has to be within your possession etc... You can't sell it or transfer it...
    Last edited by CarnivorousPelican; 03-24-2013 at 05:30 PM.

  4. #4

    TWANGGGGG! StogieJim's Avatar


     

    Re: Glock mags and new CO law?

    I'm talking about will these mags be banned? Its more than 15 rounds that is being banned. However, the 15 rd glock 19 mag can be modified to hold more...

    Are they banning the 15 round mag because of this? Shouldn't they just ban "modification"?
    "Smoking cigars is not a sign of wealth. Having the time to smoke one is." - Fellow Puff Member

  5. #5

    No longer a community member.


     

    Re: Glock mags and new CO law?

    Quote Originally Posted by StogieJim View Post
    I'm talking about will these mags be banned? Its more than 15 rounds that is being banned. However, the 15 rd glock 19 mag can be modified to hold more...

    Are they banning the 15 round mag because of this? Shouldn't they just ban "modification"?

    Let me grab the latest... Read the legislation...

  6. #6

    No longer a community member.


     

    Re: Glock mags and new CO law?

    http://www.leg.state.co.us/clics/cli...e=1224_enr.pdf

    (I) A FIXED OR DETACHABLE MAGAZINE, BOX, DRUM, FEED STRIP, OR
    SIMILAR DEVICE CAPABLE OF ACCEPTING, OR THAT IS DESIGNED TO BE
    READILY CONVERTED TO ACCEPT, MORE THAN FIFTEEN ROUNDS OF
    AMMUNITION;
    (II) A FIXED, TUBULAR SHOTGUN MAGAZINE THAT HOLDS MORE
    THAN TWENTY-EIGHT INCHES OF SHOTGUN SHELLS, INCLUDING ANY
    EXTENSION DEVICE THAT IS ATTACHED TO THE MAGAZINE AND HOLDS
    ADDITIONAL SHOTGUN SHELLS; OR
    (III) A NONTUBULAR, DETACHABLE MAGAZINE, BOX, DRUM, FEED
    STRIP, OR SIMILAR DEVICE THAT IS CAPABLE OF ACCEPTING MORE THAN
    EIGHT SHOTGUN SHELLS WHEN COMBINED WITH A FIXED MAGAZINE.
    (b) "LARGE-CAPACITY MAGAZINE" DOES NOT MEAN:
    (I) A FEEDING DEVICE THAT HAS BEEN PERMANENTLY ALTERED SO
    THAT IT CANNOT ACCOMMODATE MORE THAN FIFTEEN ROUNDS OF
    AMMUNITION;
    (II) AN ATTACHED TUBULAR DEVICE DESIGNED TO ACCEPT, AND
    CAPABLE OF OPERATING ONLY WITH,.22 CALIBER RIMFIRE AMMUNITION; OR
    (III) A TUBULAR MAGAZINE THAT IS CONTAINED IN A LEVER-ACTION
    FIREARM.


    I would say your mag is banned from transfer or sale but as long as you have a receipt your cool...
    Last edited by CarnivorousPelican; 03-24-2013 at 05:49 PM.

  7. #7

    No longer a community member.


     

    Re: Glock mags and new CO law?

    Quote Originally Posted by StogieJim View Post
    I'm talking about will these mags be banned? Its more than 15 rounds that is being banned. However, the 15 rd glock 19 mag can be modified to hold more...

    Are they banning the 15 round mag because of this? Shouldn't they just ban "modification"?
    PAGE 2-HOUSE BILL 13-1224(2) (a) A PERSON MAY POSSESS A LARGE-CAPACITY MAGAZINE IF HE
    OR SHE:
    (I) OWNS THE LARGE-CAPACITY MAGAZINE ON THE EFFECTIVE DATE
    OF THIS SECTION; AND
    (II) MAINTAINS CONTINUOUS POSSESSION OF THE LARGE-CAPACITY
    MAGAZINE.
    (b) IF A PERSON WHO IS ALLEGED TO HAVE VIOLATED SUBSECTION (1)
    OF THIS SECTION ASSERTS THAT HE OR SHE IS PERMITTED TO LEGALLY
    POSSESS A LARGE-CAPACITY MAGAZINE PURSUANT TO PARAGRAPH (a) OF
    THIS SUBSECTION (2), THE PROSECUTION HAS THE BURDEN OF PROOF TO
    REFUTE THE ASSERTION.
    (3) THE OFFENSE DESCRIBED IN SUBSECTION (1) OF THIS SECTION
    SHALL NOT APPLY TO:


    Just keep a receipt with the mag and keep it in your possession and you are alright.. You just can't transfer, modify to increase or sell it you may possess it as long as you have a receipt.. The mag was grandfathered in... I am assuming this is why they flooded colorado with high capacity mags before the ban...
    Last edited by CarnivorousPelican; 03-24-2013 at 05:55 PM.

  8. #8

    No longer a community member.


     

    Re: Glock mags and new CO law?

    Quote Originally Posted by StogieJim View Post
    I'm talking about will these mags be banned? Its more than 15 rounds that is being banned. However, the 15 rd glock 19 mag can be modified to hold more...

    Are they banning the 15 round mag because of this? Shouldn't they just ban "modification"?
    15 rounds is 15 rounds. If you modify it to hold more than 15 rounds................ur gonna be in trouble if you get caught.

    Just like rifles.

    Semi auto is semi auto, you can modify them to be fully auto but if you get caught,.................your gonna be in trouble.

    There is no gray area here IMOP.

  9. #9

    No longer a community member.


     

    Re: Glock mags and new CO law?

    Quote Originally Posted by huskers View Post
    15 rounds is 15 rounds. If you modify it to hold more than 15 rounds................ur gonna be in trouble if you get caught.

    Just like rifles.

    Semi auto is semi auto, you can modify them to be fully auto but if you get caught,.................your gonna be in trouble.

    There is no gray area here IMOP.

    There is a gray area...

    (I) A FIXED OR DETACHABLE MAGAZINE, BOX, DRUM, FEED STRIP, OR
    SIMILAR DEVICE CAPABLE OF ACCEPTING, OR THAT IS DESIGNED TO BE
    READILY CONVERTED TO ACCEPT, MORE THAN FIFTEEN ROUNDS OF
    AMMUNITION;

    That right there makes it so if the mag can be converted to hold more than 15 rnds it is banned they will have to decide in court whether or not the magazine falls within that definition but as long as you have a receipt for the mag and it hasn't been modified you are good because of the exception... The reason I know is because I have a USC to UMP conversion and the parts that are covered by 922r import regs are very specific normally generality means blanket with BATFE since this is new legislation and at the state level it will be specific so they will eventually come up with a list of mags that fall within that definition...
    Last edited by CarnivorousPelican; 03-24-2013 at 06:05 PM.

  10. #10

    No longer a community member.


     

    Re: Glock mags and new CO law?

    Quote Originally Posted by CarnivorousPelican View Post
    There is a gray area...

    (I) A FIXED OR DETACHABLE MAGAZINE, BOX, DRUM, FEED STRIP, OR
    SIMILAR DEVICE CAPABLE OF ACCEPTING, OR THAT IS DESIGNED TO BE
    READILY CONVERTED TO ACCEPT, MORE THAN FIFTEEN ROUNDS OF
    AMMUNITION;

    That right there makes it so if the mag can be converted to hold more than 15 rnds it is banned they will have to decide in court whether or not the magazine falls within that definition but as long as you have a receipt for the mag and it hasn't been modified you are good because of the exception... The reason I know is because I have a USC to UMP conversion and the parts that are covered by 922r import regs are very specific normally generality means blanket with BATFE since this is new legislation and at the state level it will be specific so they will eventually come up with a list of mags that fall within that definition... Law isn't about generalities it is about specifics when it comes to firearms...
    I disagree. To each his own.

  11. #11

    No longer a community member.


     

    Re: Glock mags and new CO law?

    Quote Originally Posted by huskers View Post
    I disagree. To each his own.
    So you are saying a magazine that can be readily converted to hold over 15 rnds doesn't fall within the legislation and that he should be fine without carrying a receipt? I hope you are right man.... I carry the receipt for my conversion everywhere I take the firearm.. Simply because BATFE / LEO can take the firearm from me to do analysis if they so wish since it has a full auto lower receiver but without the sear and the civilian model parts in the Navy lower I always take the side of caution with stuff like that...

  12. #12

    TWANGGGGG! StogieJim's Avatar


     

    Re: Glock mags and new CO law?

    Im not talking about carrying receipts or stuff i already have.

    I don't plan on carrying the 19 Gonna get a 27 for that and those mags are just fine.

    So basically im SOL on the glock 19 if I want new mags in the future? Or will Glock come out with a "Colorado Mag"?? What about Glock selling their guns in CO. I mean they are basically useless as of July 1st right? As far as buying a new one from the shop. My guess is they'll have to come out with a new mag to be able to sell their guns in CO?
    "Smoking cigars is not a sign of wealth. Having the time to smoke one is." - Fellow Puff Member

  13. #13

    No longer a community member.


     

    Re: Glock mags and new CO law?

    Quote Originally Posted by StogieJim View Post
    Im not talking about carrying receipts or stuff i already have.

    I don't plan on carrying the 19 Gonna get a 27 for that and those mags are just fine.

    So basically im SOL on the glock 19 if I want new mags in the future? Or will Glock come out with a "Colorado Mag"?? What about Glock selling their guns in CO. I mean they are basically useless as of July 1st right? As far as buying a new one from the shop. My guess is they'll have to come out with a new mag to be able to sell their guns in CO?
    They will have mags that are none modifiable watch... because in the same bill it also requires all manufacturers to serial number their mags.. So they will have to have serial numbered magazines for the state of colorado...

  14. #14

    TWANGGGGG! StogieJim's Avatar


     

    Re: Glock mags and new CO law?

    Good god. SN on the mags. ridiculous.

    I'd be ok with a non modifiable 15 round mag. Man I hope they come out with something like that.
    "Smoking cigars is not a sign of wealth. Having the time to smoke one is." - Fellow Puff Member

  15. #15

    Puffer Fish with some spikes


     

    Re: Glock mags and new CO law?

    Move?
    Be like magpul...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •