Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

FNH / FN Herstal

This is a discussion on FNH / FN Herstal within the Guns and Knives forums, part of the Everything But Cigars category; ...

FNH / FN Herstal

Any fans or owners of FN Herstal weapons. My wants from FNH are the FNX 45 Tatical (FNH USA - Distinct Advantage :: FNX)and FN SCAR 16S (FNH USA - Distinct Advantage :: FN SCARŪ Series).

Disinterested

Re: FNH / FN Herstal

Oh, most definitely. No one builds a better weapon than FN. I own an FNAR in 7.62 NATO. It has a 16" fluted bull barrel, hardchrome lined and is sub MOA out of the box. It's based on the venerable BAR action and runs like a watch. It's the lightest 308 out there at under 8 1/4 pounds, so it kicked like a scalded mule. I put a muzzle break from OPS Inc on it, which reduced felt recoil by >60%. It's a beast.

I also bought the SLP shotgun, which is considered to be one of 3 battle ready shotguns on the market, along side the Benelli M4 and the Remington 870. The reason I got that is simply the fact that the ergonomics and controls lay out are virtually identical to the FNAR.

I've shot several SCARs, both in 5.56 as well as 7.62. I like it, but it's frankly not the one I'd buy. In 5.56, I like LWRC and for 7.62, I much prefer what I've got and not just because it's half the money Nothing against the SCAR, though. It's an UBER fine gun and if they were giving them away, I'd be first in line.

Huge Puffer Fish packed with spikes jurgenph's Avatar

i love my FNP-9

J.

Newbie in the ocean

I have an FNP-45, great pistol. Not a fan of polymer but the 15 round capacity makes it very hard to beat. Just wish the mags were cheaper.

FN 5.7... but rounds are a bitch. lol..
    Rule #32. Enjoy the Little Things

Quote Originally Posted by Herf N Turf View Post
    Oh, most definitely. No one builds a better weapon than FN. I own an FNAR in 7.62 NATO. It has a 16" fluted bull barrel, hardchrome lined and is sub MOA out of the box. It's based on the venerable BAR action and runs like a watch. It's the lightest 308 out there at under 8 1/4 pounds, so it kicked like a scalded mule. I put a muzzle break from OPS Inc on it, which reduced felt recoil by >60%. It's a beast.

I also bought the SLP shotgun, which is considered to be one of 3 battle ready shotguns on the market, along side the Benelli M4 and the Remington 870. The reason I got that is simply the fact that the ergonomics and controls lay out are virtually identical to the FNAR.

I've shot several SCARs, both in 5.56 as well as 7.62. I like it, but it's frankly not the one I'd buy. In 5.56, I like LWRC and for 7.62, I much prefer what I've got and not just because it's half the money Nothing against the SCAR, though. It's an UBER fine gun and if they were giving them away, I'd be first in line.
    The Mossberg 930 doesn't fit in there too? I like it the best because the location of the safety is what I'm used to on a shotgun.

Disinterested

Quote Originally Posted by Gdaddy View Post
    The Mossberg 930 doesn't fit in there too? I like it the best because the location of the safety is what I'm used to on a shotgun.
    Evidently not. I tried to find a link, but alas...

Who cares though? I like the Mossy. People rag on them for their relatively poor metallurgy, but if you think about it, most people don't buy a defensive shotgun to put thousands of rounds through. The reason I bought the SLP, was simply down to it being ergonomically identical to the FNAR. Same reason I set my 1911s up exactly the same. Were it not for this, I'd own a Mossy for 1/4 the money.

I own the FN SLP Mark I and the FN FNP-45 Tactical. I've had zero problems with either both very reliable.
    The only thing you should feel when shooting insurgents is recoil.

My FNX45 has shot flawlessly with no function issues. The only issue that came up was when a buddy of mine forced the magazine in backwards, which isn't really the pistol's fault.

Young Fish

The Scar is a beautiful rifle.

I owned a PS90 at one point but ended up selling it because the ammo was not easy to find at all.

Young Puffer Fish

I own a FNX-45 Tactical and love it. When you get your hands on one you will not be disappointed. I must say though, if you have small hands, you may not like it. Also was my first DA/SA pistol which took some getting used to. Waiting for my paperwork to comeback on an Osprey 45 to quiet things down....

Young Puffer Fish

Fn is very under rated in my opinion. theres not much advertising on the brand as there is for other brands like glock or taurus. but it easily outshines them. i had an fnp-40 and loved it. gave it to my dad. now he loves it. I recommend FN to everyone looking at pistols. Plus, FN makes the m240 and m249, as well as different variants for special operations forces. Very solid brand and worth every penny.

Newbie in the ocean

I have a friend that is now one of FNH's new developmental engineers, look for new and cool stuff soon.

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish tmoran's Avatar

I have an FS2000 and love it. Great weapon. A lot of people had feeding problems with them because they tried to run them like an HK. I have had zero issues with mine.

I have several FN FAL rifles, some are actual Belgian produced, true FN. Love. Them.

I have an FN49 as well and it is one of my absolute favorite rifles.

Back before NY became a communist state I was looking at the FNAR, @Herf N Turf , can you elaborate on it for me in case I move out of state and can get one? Is it difficult to clean? I read that it was kind of rough.
    Last edited by pmr1010; 10-29-2014 at 01:55 PM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast