Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Getting one of our Duck Blinds dressed for the season.

This is a discussion on Getting one of our Duck Blinds dressed for the season. within the Guns and Knives forums, part of the Everything But Cigars category; This morning my hunting buddy and I went out to dress out one of our duck blinds with new reeds ...

Getting one of our Duck Blinds dressed for the season.

This morning my hunting buddy and I went out to dress out one of our duck blinds with new reeds and cover. Great morning, ducks and geese were around temp was nice and cool. Even made time to sit back and enjoy a stick while enjoying nature...

Roll that outdoor footage.......

Stick compliments of a great brother Wicket.

All done and headin' in..

Puffer Fish with many spikes Auburnguy's Avatar

Re: Getting one of our Duck Blinds dressed for the season.

Looks like a great way to spend a day to me.

Elder Puffer Fish Leader piperdown's Avatar

That's an awesome way to spend the day!!

Wow, beautiful scenery and great pics!

Puffer Fish with many spikes ShaneG's Avatar

Nice backdrop- great scenery for any adventure
    Help stonecutter break the noobs in with this thread

Puffer Fish with some spikes JRM03's Avatar

Outstanding. I'd love to have a blind on water but unfortunately no access to such around here so layouts are the way.
    Enjoy those cold mornings and hearing the air passing through the feathers of birds at 15 minutes before showtime.
    Good luck

Looks awesome man. Enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by JRM03 View Post
    Outstanding. I'd love to have a blind on water but unfortunately no access to such around here so layouts are the way.
    Enjoy those cold mornings and hearing the air passing through the feathers of birds at 15 minutes before showtime.
    Good luck
    Layouts indeed..
    We hunt water blinds for early duck. But once large numbers of geese start resting here we move out to field hunting in layouts. Leaving alone the roost allows us to keep more birds in the area for longer.

And I completely agree about the sounds. Everyone, even non-hunters should at least once hear, feel, and see the splendor of a flock dropping in within a few feet of the layout blind.. The bellies flying just over your head by a couple feet. The whoop whoop whoop of the birds dropping in, the chatter after they hit the ground. Sometimes if they're real big groups we dont even get after them we just lay there and take it all in.

awesome!

Leading Puffer Fish Slowpokebill's Avatar

Pretty spot, photographed well.

So, how goes your waterfowl season?

Full grown Puffer Fish 455 Punch's Avatar

Everything here is froze, 'cept the river. Layouts here. Lots of local Canada geese, no migrators that we can tell. Friend killed a local band last week.

(If anyone needs a layout blind in good condition I have a friend selling one over half off.)
    Life's too short to smoke bad cigars.

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpokebill View Post
    Pretty spot, photographed well.

So, how goes your waterfowl season?
    Thanks Bill.

Our season could be better. The blind photo above froze up well before Thanksgiving. Pushing us to our spring fed blind which has no number of ducks as of yet. We have hunted fields a few days in layouts, and limited out. But those days were few. Our farmers waited until very late to harvest their corn, and by the time the majority did, Goose closed. The second split finally opened and bad snow and winds pushed in and pushed the majority of our birds out of our area. We are still scouting and hoping something comes around for this weekend.
    Overall compared to last year our harvest is down about 120 birds. Which is a lot with only 2 hunters. But eh, that's hunting. Gotta keep trying.