Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 70

Gun Legislation; Homes with guns and childern

This is a discussion on Gun Legislation; Homes with guns and childern within the Guns and Knives forums, part of the Everything But Cigars category; Anti-Federalist #10...

  
  1. #46

    Grog Wench TTgirl's Avatar


     

    Re: Gun Legislation; Homes with guns and childern


    ---------------
    [SIZE="1"]How to remove images from posts, avatars, and signature lines: [/SIZE][SIZE="1"]CLICKY[/SIZE]
    [SIZE="1"]When life gives you lemons - grab the tequila and the salt.[/SIZE]

  2. #47

    2B1 ASK1 Hammerhead's Avatar


     

    Re: Gun Legislation; Homes with guns and childern

    Quote Originally Posted by ResIpsa View Post
    Just to address a couple of comments which I have bolded early on brother. When the SCOTUS rules on something, by the very fact that they ruled they are right.
    So, you're saying that AG Ashcroft's position statement on the 2nd Amendment being that of an individual right is absolute and correct? Works for me!

    [SIZE=2]"Following the path of least resistance is what makes rivers, and men, crooked."[/SIZE]

  3. #48

    An Original Latino ResIpsa's Avatar


     

    Re: Gun Legislation; Homes with guns and childern

    Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
    So, you're saying that AG Ashcroft's position statement on the 2nd Amendment being that of an individual right is absolute and correct? Works for me!
    unnnnn...no. Something got lost in translation,

    Supreme Court of the United States.....SCOTUS.

    Attorney General.......AG

    The attorney general is not the SCOTUS, and is not the final word on the constitution. The SCOTUS is,

  4. #49

    2B1 ASK1 Hammerhead's Avatar


     

    Re: Gun Legislation; Homes with guns and childern

    And the SCOTUS takes its direction from... whom?

    Nevertheless, did you read his paper? The Miller case is an isolated incident and the anti-gun lobby hangs its laurels on that, despite any number of fatal flaws in the history of the case and ample judicial history elsewhere. I think you'd find it a very interesting story in how the Priests of the High Temple are not quite so infallible as you believe them to be.

    Then, there's this pesky 1st Amendment thingy that's really kinda lame. Might as well do away with that troublesome bit. And the fourth... ah, who needs that???

    [SIZE=2]"Following the path of least resistance is what makes rivers, and men, crooked."[/SIZE]

  5. #50

    An Original Latino ResIpsa's Avatar


     

    Re: Gun Legislation; Homes with guns and childern

    Quote Originally Posted by TTgirl View Post
    Okay.....but TTGirl i miss your point. Regardless of what the author of the piece may have thought of standing armies, the fact remains obviously no one agreed with him because we have a standing army, and have had one for a long time. so.........

    Point #2, I give no more credence to an article on the second amendment put forth by the Anti-Federalist than I would to an article on racial equality put forth by the KKK. Both organizations have bones to pick with the other side and a vested interest in presenting only thier side of the story. You'd get farther with me by presenting a fair, unbiased and neutral presentation of the facts and a like argument.

  6. #51

    An Original Latino ResIpsa's Avatar


     

    Re: Gun Legislation; Homes with guns and childern

    Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
    And the SCOTUS takes its direction from... whom?

    Nevertheless, did you read his paper? The Miller case is an isolated incident and the anti-gun lobby hangs its laurels on that, despite any number of fatal flaws in the history of the case and ample judicial history elsewhere. I think you'd find it a very interesting story in how the Priests of the High Temple are not quite so infallible as you believe them to be.

    Then, there's this pesky 1st Amendment thingy that's really kinda lame. Might as well do away with that troublesome bit. And the fourth... ah, who needs that???
    They certainly don't take direction from the AG, and if you think they do you have a huge misunderstanding of the Supreme Court.

    You still miss the point Brother. It doesn't matter if you I or the entire world thinks their right or wrong., doesn't matter if they are infallible or not. It's the law because they say it is. Period. It might be a tough pill for you to swallow, but it's reality.

  7. #52

    Block Watcher j6ppc's Avatar


     

    Re: Gun Legislation; Homes with guns and childern

    Quote Originally Posted by ResIpsa View Post
    It doesn't matter if you I or the entire world thinks their right or wrong., doesn't matter if they are infallible or not. It's the law because they say it is. Period. It might be a tough pill for you to swallow, but it's reality.
    Well said.

  8. #53

    2B1 ASK1 Hammerhead's Avatar


     

    Re: Gun Legislation; Homes with guns and childern

    Courts are found to be in error all the time, no?

    [SIZE=2]"Following the path of least resistance is what makes rivers, and men, crooked."[/SIZE]

  9. #54

    An Original Latino ResIpsa's Avatar


     

    Re: Gun Legislation; Homes with guns and childern

    Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
    Courts are found to be in error all the time, no?
    Yes. But you have to keep in mind what the Supreme Court is. It is the FINAL word on the Constitution. There isn't anybody with any authority to say they are wrong. THEY make the call. Who exactly is it that you envision as finding them in error? And I mean from a legal standpoint, not your personal opinion, or anybody elses personal opinion. I'm talking about the legal realities.

    It's a rhetorical question, because the answer is NOBODY

  10. #55

    par
    par is offline
    Puffer Fish with many spikes par's Avatar


     

    Re: Gun Legislation; Homes with guns and childern

    Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
    Courts are found to be in error all the time, no?
    the supreme court is never in error. They pass final judgment and it's always correct. It may not be what you want, but by definition they set the standards for all other courts of the nation. The supreme court does not make laws but they do settle any dispute as to their interpretation.

    That's why insight into the personalities of the supreme court matters so much when they are appointed -because they have final say and their decisions can not be changed by anyone but themselves (and not even then will it always be changed depending on what cases actually are on the docket).

    The supreme court is err "supreme".
    I wanted to say something really witty here but nothing came to mind...

  11. #56

    HOT for HILLARY!! AAlmeter's Avatar


     

    Re: Gun Legislation; Homes with guns and childern

    Quote Originally Posted by ResIpsa View Post
    Who exactly is it that you envision as finding them in error?
    The militia!
    -Adam

    Cram it! I do my own thing!
    ??

  12. #57

    par
    par is offline
    Puffer Fish with many spikes par's Avatar


     

    Re: Gun Legislation; Homes with guns and childern

    re: A "well regulated militia". What does "well regulated" mean to the posters in this thread?

    I've rarely seen this discussed (and i've looked at a couple of places). I'm interested in your thoughts.
    I wanted to say something really witty here but nothing came to mind...

  13. #58

    Evolving Lead Puffer Fish RETSF's Avatar


     

    Re: Gun Legislation; Homes with guns and childern

    Whats scary about the Supreme Court is that one or possibly more of the sitting judges actually look at other countries to base their legal decisions on.
    LIBERTY "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Ben Franklin's contributions to the Conference on Feb 17th 1775

  14. #59

    An Original Latino ResIpsa's Avatar


     

    Re: Gun Legislation; Homes with guns and childern

    Quote Originally Posted by par View Post
    re: A "well regulated militia". What does "well regulated" mean to the posters in this thread?

    I've rarely seen this discussed (and i've looked at a couple of places). I'm interested in your thoughts.
    i was thinking about this earlier. And in fact to really consider the 2nd in full, you also have to define what a militia is. To me falling back on my training, plain language baby. Well regulated to me means to be overseen by the government.

  15. #60

    Silverback Darb85's Avatar


     

    Re: Gun Legislation; Homes with guns and childern

    in the words of tom

    My butt itches.

    real men drive Flat Sixes
    Quote Originally Posted by SvilleKid View Post
    Some people are not worth the lead it would take to make them assume room temperature.
    I live life like i race, Wide Open throttle until you see god, then BRAKE!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •