Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

The CS "Guns" Thread

This is a discussion on The CS "Guns" Thread within the Guns and Knives forums, part of the Everything But Cigars category; Originally Posted by Hammerhead I do buy into the 'rack the slide' theory, for this reason. It gives me one ...

Temp Ban for Rules Violation maddman's Avatar

Re: The CS "Guns" Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
    I do buy into the 'rack the slide' theory, for this reason.

It gives me one "Last Clear Chance" to give a burgular a moment of pause.

Not every burgular is stoned, and it also helps, should it come to a jury, that you didn't have one in the chamber. I can hear the local prosecutor now... "Oh, I see, so you were WAITING to blow someone away..."

Only takes (literally) one second or less to rack the slide. It can take a year to explain to a jury why you already had one in the chamber.
    If someone breaks into your house while you are their you must assume they are their to kill you and your family their is no "reason" for them to be there at all. If someone is in my home or tries to rob my store I will shoot to the threat is gone. Racking the slide lets them know 1. you have a gun 2.your relative location 3. a sound to shoot at.

I would rather be tried by 12 than carried by 6.

Quote Originally Posted by j6ppc View Post

Accuracy is key with this piece as it lacks stopping power. I use a custom load of habanero juice.
    pffft.........pump action all the way baby.....

my weapon of choice for pure stopping power......

I also have a nice supply of hand held rocket launchers....

Puffer Fish with many spikes Junior's Avatar

I don't know why I do it. I just have always kept my home defense pumps with an empty chamber.

daniel2001 I have a few SA's but for some reason I prefer to use my pump when hunting on water plus my beretta 391 can be a little touchy if not cleaned regularly. I like the xtrema 2 and probably shoots a lot softer than my pump. I will probably look into one in a couple of years.
    "God Created Men But Sam Colt Made 'em Equal"

Quote Originally Posted by Hoplophile View Post
    I never bought into this theory... just sounds like movie inspired BS to me. I figure if someone is deranged/ stoned/stupid or heavily armed enough to break into my house while it's occupied, that sound probably won't intimidate them. But the thorax full of 00 buck sure will.
    on the contrary......the racking sound of a pump shotgun does work, or at least it did when I used it..............I thought one of the kids was going to chit himself.......but he left my property so fast that we'll never know
    I don't need Anger Management.....I just need people to stop pissing me off

I have acquired this to launch my attacks against home intruders while on the computer surfing ClubStogie......

Quote Originally Posted by ResIpsa View Post

I have acquired this to launch my attacks against home intruders while on the computer surfing ClubStogie......
    nice......is it military surplus or can anyone purchase one of those babies
    I don't need Anger Management.....I just need people to stop pissing me off

guns are evil

JDO
    Puffer Fish with many spikes JDO's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
    Here's mine. Had more handguns, but had to sell 'em off when hard times hit. This is the one on my nightstand, sporting grips I used to make fashioned out of Gabon Ebony and Damascus inlay.

That is very nice.
    Jason
    Will work for Padron Anniversary 1964's!!

Quote Originally Posted by ResIpsa View Post

Here's me with my new one. I can hook it directly up to the hose and go fully automatic. Neighbor dogs won't even come near the house.

You couldn't pay me enough to post here...Just sayin'

Quote Originally Posted by Twill413 View Post
    Here's me with my new one. I can hook it directly up to the hose and go fully automatic. Neighbor dogs won't even come near the house.

Sweet!! Now that's what I'm talking about, thats firepower right there!

Quote Originally Posted by Twill413 View Post
    Whoah bet chicks dig it too!

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish tiptone's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by daniel2001 View Post
    Not factoring in the cost, what advantage does a pump have over a semi auto?
    Easy, a pump will shoot just about anything. Many semi-automatic shotguns have trouble cycling some (cough, cheaper, cough) shells. Nothing worse than listening to your buddies take birds while you're trying to fish a shell out of your shotgun.

looking for other pics
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast