Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Kailua Kona --- Big Island

This is a discussion on Kailua Kona --- Big Island within the Hawaii forums, part of the Members and Places to Smoke by Area category; Tim's Great Cigars 74-5602 Alapa St Kailua-Kona HI 96740 808-329-3663 This place used to be owned by Tim, but he ...

Kailua Kona --- Big Island

Tim's Great Cigars

74-5602 Alapa St
    Kailua-Kona HI 96740
    808-329-3663

This place used to be owned by Tim, but he sold it a while ago. I don't know the new owners name (which is sort of embarrasing, since I tend to go there a couple times a month), but he's a nice guy. The store is tiny, but the whole shop is basically a walk-in humidor. He's got a pretty good selection of cigars, as far as I can tell, being a total cigar noob. I mostly buy pipe tobacco from him, but I've pretty much cleared out most of the old tins of tobak that he had from way back when. It's located in Old Industrial, across the street from Napa and Midas, I always go have a smoke when I'm getting my oil changed. Worth checking out if your in town.

Aloha,
    Justin

Young Puffer Fish

Re: Kailua Kona --- Big Island

Is Tim's still the place to go in Kona?

tt

Puffer Fish with many spikes Amlique's Avatar

I only ever go to Hanalei on Kauai when visiting the island. Thanks foe the info though. I'll have my friends stop by there, as they have a timeshare, and go 3 times a year.
    If you plan on buying or selling real estate anywhere in the country, let me know first. I can refer you to the best agent in your area.

Tim's is still here and the owner Greg still has a good selection of cigars.

Aloha, Pete
    If my actions don't convince you I'm a little "off" just look at my avatar!

Puffer Fish with many spikes johnb's Avatar

I went to Tim's last week.... Not super impressed, the guy was really nice but the store is small, not a huge selection of cigars and not a lot of premium stuff. Also not much pipe tobacco.. It is located in a very obscure area and not the easiest to find. When I got there I went into the store wit excitement (like and canadian would do when going into an american b&M) I scoured the store and ended up leaving with a couple MM pipes and a bag of chew, no cigars...