Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Fire Roasted Coffee

This is a discussion on Fire Roasted Coffee within the HomeRoast Reviews forums, part of the Coffee Forums category; Curious to find out if anyone has ever roasted coffee over hot coals or fire? Maybe direct, med-high heat smoking? ...

Fire Roasted Coffee

Curious to find out if anyone has ever roasted coffee over hot coals or fire? Maybe direct, med-high heat smoking? Very interested, to say the least.
    Xbox Gamertag: BADF1NGER

Re: Fire Roasted Coffee

Does my Keurig count?

I guess it would if you would do the proper thing and throw the entire machine into a bonfire.

Maturing Puffer Fish

Sounds interesting. Try it and report back!

Ask me why I dinged Black Mister Moo's Avatar

slow motion reply:

Oaxaca Charlie (Herlihy) made a wood fired roaster in Mexico - he liked it. Pictures on homeroaster.com.

pm me if you need help finding pix and description.
    "But with a little bit of luck You'll run amok!"

Thanks, Mr. Moo. I'll go find it!

Ask me why I dinged Black Mister Moo's Avatar

Glad to help out. Charlie is a very interesting guy, by the way - knows his beans about coffee. I believe he has since departed Mexico for Vancouver, BC. He probably left that woodstove behind somewhere in the forest or jungle or whatever suburban Oaxaco is. It's waiting for you maybe.
    "But with a little bit of luck You'll run amok!"

Full grown Puffer Fish Blue Raccoon's Avatar

this guy post's on one of the upland/dog hunting forums.. his coffee is excellent. I like to french press his bird dog blend on Sun mornings and fire up a AF Short Story.

Matt's Wood Roasted Organic Coffee, organic coffee roaster in Maine -

My cat's Chief of Staff El wedo del milagro's Avatar

Last winter, when the power was out, I roasted a few ounces of beans in a cast-iron frying pan on a rocket stove on my porch. I just stirred them with a small stick and didn't let them stop moving.

The heat was higher than I would have liked (I usually ease the beans up as slow as possible to the first crack, then hurry them to the second crack). I had them finished in maybe five minutes. Too fast, but the coffee was pretty good. The kettle boiled real fast on that rocket stove too. The only part that took time was using an old manual grinder on the roasted beans. No power, and I went from raw beans to brewed coffee in about 15 minutes!