Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Southwestern burbs

This is a discussion on Southwestern burbs within the Illinois forums, part of the Members and Places to Smoke by Area category; Since no one has posted on here in about a year I thought I could try to liven it back ...

Southwestern burbs

Since no one has posted on here in about a year I thought I could try to liven it back up.
    I live out in wheaton, the downers grove area or naperville area for those who don't know the area too well. Just wondering if you guys have found any good shops out that way and I thought I'd put down the decent ones I know of.

Humidor on Odgen ave in westmont
    stogies on 63rd street in willowbrook
    Oak Brook Tabacco on RT 83 right across from oak brook mall. - my favorite of the bunch
    Tribeca - on main street in downers grove

Anyone else know of anything?
    http://www.puff.com/forums/vb/cigar-...h-contest.html ^ Contest I am running. Check it out NOW...

Puffer Fish with many spikes zephead61's Avatar

Re: Southwestern burbs

Hey Kevin, I'm from Naperville. I know Paul at Stogies well and Doville from the Humidor also. Paul has another Stogies in Naperville, but it's not as nice as Willowbrook. Rocky Patel was there yesterday.

I have been hanging out at The Burning Leaf in Plainfield. A very nice shop with a great lounge.

We need to herf soon!

Puffer Fish with some spikes Tony78's Avatar

Bull and Bear in downtown Naperville is my favorite place. Great lounge, nearby food and bars and it's a friendly crowd.

For those southsiders out there, there's Smokey Bear in Evergreen. They have a very knowledgeable and friendly staff. They helped me find some cigars today in their walk-in humidor. The guy showed me around the $10-15 range and then showed me his everyday cheapie recommendations without me needing to ask. The sticks all seem pretty wet, so I'll have to wait and see. Their hygro read 70/74%, but the door kept opening and it was humid today.

Puffer Fish with many spikes ACasazza's Avatar

There is Tobacco corp in both homer glen and Lockport, a little high on the prices though.
    **Just starting out in this new world of cigars, any and all advice is welcome!**