Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Clinton, IA

This is a discussion on Clinton, IA within the Iowa forums, part of the Members and Places to Smoke by Area category; [SIZE=2] ESPRESSO, CIGARS AND MORE [/SIZE] 2007 N 2nd St Clinton, IA 52732-2535 (563) 242-0197 Small humidor, homemade cuban food, ...

Young Puffer Fish

Clinton, IA

[SIZE=2]ESPRESSO, CIGARS AND MORE[/SIZE]
    2007 N 2nd St
    Clinton, IA 52732-2535
    (563) 242-0197

Small humidor, homemade cuban food, espresso and as the name says more!

Leading Puffer Fish bluesman.54's Avatar

Re: Clinton, IA

Does this place still exist? I'm over by Cedar Rapids.

Ole Crusty Spiked Fish tpharkman's Avatar

This place is closed down in Clinton and the Cedar Rapids Cigar Club was finished after the state outlawed smoking on private property. The only places in Cedar Rapids to acquire cigars are the Tobacco Outlet Plus locations on the NE and SE side of town. Good selection for some but for my tastes they don't offer much.

The only civilized smoking establishments are 90 mins either side of Cedar Rapids--in Rock Island at Hickey Brothers and in the West Des Moines area with Pars and Cigars and David's Briar Shoppe.

The cigar industry and organized development of the hobby in this state is all but dead.

I live in Walford and find myself smoking in the garage when I smoke but luckily I travel quite a bit and enjoy an actual lounge where I can find one in other states.
    Agnes, have you seen my Don Diegos?

Leading Puffer Fish bluesman.54's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tpharkman View Post
    This place is closed down in Clinton and the Cedar Rapids Cigar Club was finished after the state outlawed smoking on private property. The only places in Cedar Rapids to acquire cigars are the Tobacco Outlet Plus locations on the NE and SE side of town. Good selection for some but for my tastes they don't offer much.

The only civilized smoking establishments are 90 mins either side of Cedar Rapids--in Rock Island at Hickey Brothers and in the West Des Moines area with Pars and Cigars and David's Briar Shoppe.

The cigar industry and organized development of the hobby in this state is all but dead.

I live in Walford and find myself smoking in the garage when I smoke but luckily I travel quite a bit and enjoy an actual lounge where I can find one in other states.
    Thank you for the reply -- and it is what I suspected. I am fortunate to have a cigar lounge in my garage as do a few of my friends over here. I have checked out the Tobacco Outlets and their selection is very limited for my tastes also.

If you're ever going to be near Luzerne -- about 35 miles west of Cedar Rapids and 5 miles south of HWY 30 let me know. Perhaps you could stop by for a cigar in my lounge in my garage if you are so inclined. When I'm traveling through Rock Island and Des Moines, I'll have to check these two places out. Again, thanks for taking the time to reply.

Michael

So anyone up for getting together for a monthly smoke??