Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Tech Support

This is a discussion on Tech Support within the Jokes Forum forums, part of the Everything But Cigars category; ...

Puffer Fish with some spikes Tashy's Avatar

Tech Support

Dear Technical Support,

18 months ago, I upgraded to Girlfriend 1.0 from DrinkingMates 4.2, which I had used for years without any trouble. However, there are apparently conflicts between these two products and the only solution was to try and run Girlfriend 1.0 with the sound turned off.

To make matters worse, Girlfriend 1.0 is incompatible with several other applications, such as LadsNightOut ...3.1, Football 4.5, and Playboy 6.9. Successive versions of GirlFriend proved no better.

I tried a shareware program, Slapper 2.1, but it had many bugs and left a virus in my system, forcing me to shut down completely for several weeks. Eventually, I tried to run GirlFriend 1.2 and Girlfriend 1.0 at the same time, only to discover that when these two systems detected each other they caused severe damage to my hardware.

I eventually upgraded to Fiancée 1.0, only to discover that this product soon had to be upgraded further to Wife 1.0. While Wife 1.0 tends to use up all my available resources, it does come bundled with FreeSexPlus and Cleanhouse2005.

Shortly after this upgrade, however, I found that Wife 1.0 could be very unstable and costly to run. Any mistakes I made were automatically stored in Wife 1.0's memory and could not be deleted. They then resurfaced months later when I had forgotten about them. Wife 1.0 also has an automatic Diary, Explorer and E-mail filter, and can, without warning, launch TurboStrop and Multi-Whinge. These latter products have no Help files, and I have to try to guess what the problem is. Additional problems are that Wife 1.0 needs updating regularly, requiring ShoeShop Browser for new attachments and Hairstyle Express which needs to be reinstalled every other week. Also, when Wife 1.0 attaches itself to my Saab93 Convertible hard drive, it often crashes. Wife 1.0 also comes with an irritating pop-up called MotherInLaw, which can't be turned off.

Recently I've been tempted to install Mistress 2005, but I've been told there could be problems. A friend of mine has alerted me to the fact that if Wife 1.0 detects Mistress 2005, it tends to delete all of your Money before uninstalling itself.

Any advice would be helpful, many thanks.
    An it harm none, do as you will.

Not Here

Re: Tech Support

I would recommend CTRL>ALT>DEL and shut the process down.

If that doesn't work then he should manually remove everything associated with WIN32.

Hope that helps!
    BIA!!!

lol
    “ I believe in courtesy, the ritual by which we avoid hurting other people's feelings by satisfying our own egos. ”— Kenneth Clark

Puffer Fish with many spikes pippin925's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tashy View Post

I eventually upgraded to Fiancée 1.0, only to discover that this product soon had to be upgraded further to Wife 1.0. While Wife 1.0 tends to use up all my available resources, it does come bundled with FreeSexPlus and Cleanhouse2005.
    Your mistake like many was not reading the End User Licensing Agreement. It's a very common but costly mistake. Those bundles FreeSexPlus and Cleanhouse2005 are only trials and expire after 1 year of use. To renew those added features you must agree to an automatic weekly withdrawal from your account for amounts undetermined by the supplier. Plus there is additional bloat ware that gets added to Wife 1.0.

Quote Originally Posted by pippin925 View Post
    Those bundles FreeSexPlus and Cleanhouse2005 are only trials and expire after 1 year of use.
    Refuses to remain the Droid they were all looking for.

Not Here

Quote Originally Posted by pippin925 View Post
    Plus there is additional bloat ware that gets added to Wife 1.0.
    Me = DEAD.

That is some funny stuff right there.
    BIA!!!

Too Funny!

Thanks Tashdarling
    Dafiddla
    "What Could be Finer, than a Spanish Cedar Liner?"