This is a discussion on September KC/MO Herf within the Kansas forums, part of the Members and Places to Smoke by Area category; Gents,
I've been here long enough I think it is time to throw a little gathering out at the house. ...
I've been here long enough I think it is time to throw a little gathering out at the house. I already know I'm tubed on the 13th with working all day (which more than likely means I'm going to miss most of the Litto Gomez/LFD event at Outlaw) but would like to see who could attend on the 20th or 27th. If you're interested, throw a post up and we'll get the ball rolling.
For planning purposes - I live in Leavenworth, Kansas. Easily accessible via I435, I29 and I70.
Potential events on the agenda:
- BarBQ by your truly
- College Football (come on now.....it's Football season)
- Some frosty cold adult libations
- a cigar bomb door prize
This is open to any and all that would attend. Vote for your date of choice and we'll go from there.
Sounds great. Hopefully every single one of us can make it this time. I think I could make either date but Spet 20th might work best. The 27th is kind of cutting it close to my wifes due date with the baby.
I've been a member of CL for a while. I read a lot but don't post much. I would enjoy meeting other members from the area, enjoying a few smokes and a cold adult beverage or 3, and watching some football (as long as the DAWGS win). The weekend of the 20th works best for me.
I'm going to have to go with the 27th based on work committments. My initial thought is kicking it off at about 1300 hrs (1:00 PM). A couple of ideas:
- bring a couple cigars that you are willing to donate to a military Pay It Forward (I'll send these to deployed soldiers) - completely voluntary.
- bring one or two cigars to throw into a grab bag. We'll do some kind of blind drawing and someone will walk away with the door prize.
- I'll have some beer, soda etc. but feel free to bring what you would like to drink. Just remember to drink responsibly.
- I'll have the games on so represent your college if ya want.
- I'll have the chow on the grill (hamburgers probably) but feel free to bring anything special you would want to eat.\
I'll be PMing this to the local Kansans and Missourians and I'll include directions and a telephone number.