I thought I would take a minute to share my experience last night at the CAO Flathead event at Cigars Etc., in Wichita.
It's a small place on the West side of town, easy to miss if you don't know it's there. The walk-in humidor takes up half the space and there is a small lounge in back and a patio.
It's one of those places that the old saying "don't let the size fool ya" really fits. The walk-in is stocked with great cigars, and the shop has been around enough years to have plenty of sticks with age on them. Best of all, if you have questions, need suggestions, or want to learn something, just ask.
So, on to the event. CAO had a release party for the new Flathead line. I really enjoyed the cigar, (I tried the "Piston", 6x42), it was good front to back. I went ahead and picked up a box of the robusto size, the V554 Camshaft. As a bonus I got a cool metal sign with a pin-up girl, 8 free smokes, and a few items of swag. Obviously some thought has gone into the marketing of this line, but the cigar seems worthy of the effort.
It wasn't a huge crowd, but was steady. Everyone was relaxed, we smoked some great cigars, and enjoyed the evening. The CAO rep was cool and had plenty of info to share about all the lines.
If you are in the area, stop by and wander around, I think it is a great place to do business, and I stop by whenever I'm in that part of town.