Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

What is your favorite place to buy Cigars in KY??

This is a discussion on What is your favorite place to buy Cigars in KY?? within the Kentucky forums, part of the Members and Places to Smoke by Area category; I have found it in my opinion to be somewhat, not completely, difficult shopping for cigars in the Lexington area.....most ...

Young Fish

What is your favorite place to buy Cigars in KY??

I have found it in my opinion to be somewhat, not completely, difficult shopping for cigars in the Lexington area.....most places have the same smokes that the other one has, and I want to try a large variety of brands...... just would like to know where everyone likes to go to grab a smoke.....maybe everyone is like me and orders online????....and I do love Schwabs in Lexington....Jeff is a nice guy and has always been helpful to me.

Midlife crises Puffer mcgreggor57's Avatar

Re: What is your favorite place to buy Cigars in KY??

I'm not sure what's in your neck of the woods, but here there are several B&M's that offer a decent assortment.
    Liquor Barn (largest walk-in)
    Cox's Smokers Outlet - 2 of them are better at cigars stocking Liga's, etc
    Oxmoor Smoke Shoppe- small walk-in and a bit higher pricing but a good place. He also is big into pipes.

There are several others, but these are the main one's I frequent. Since the smoking ban, the cigar lounges have disappeared.
    Tobacco Cellar: http://www.tobaccocellar.com/mcgreggor57
    Never trust a woman's tears or a dog's limp.

Young Fish

Gregg.....what about J Shepherd Cigars?? I have heard it was a nice place....any experience with them? selection/price?

Midlife crises Puffer mcgreggor57's Avatar

I haven't but Wrx04 here has. I understand he's a great guy...not sure of his selection or pricing. I also got a press release that a new shop is opening near the river as well
    Tobacco Cellar: http://www.tobaccocellar.com/mcgreggor57
    Never trust a woman's tears or a dog's limp.

If you're in the Louisville area (Simpsonville), check out Executive Cigar Lounge. Not a huge selection but a nice variety of top notch cigars. The owners are very friendly and knowledgeable. As a bonus, it is located across the freeway from the new outlet mall. So if you're drug to the mall you now have a place to relax while your wife/girlfriend shops.