Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Shops in Metairie and New Orleans

This is a discussion on Shops in Metairie and New Orleans within the Louisiana forums, part of the Members and Places to Smoke by Area category; Thanks for the links, being in Houma we don't have any good stores....

Re: Shops in Metairie and New Orleans

Thanks for the links, being in Houma we don't have any good stores.

I decided to go to the Mayan Import Co. on Magazine street yesterday and must proclaim that this is my new favorite B&M!!! The place has good prices with a huge selction in the large walk in humidor. I highly reccommend this store!! Fine Cigars: Mayan Import Company: Welcome to your Big Easy Tobacconist

No longer a community member.

Habana port cigars in covington, LA had some Lost cities, Anejo Sharks, nice selection small their shop in Baton Rouge has a larger humidor they do charge above MSRP...

Has anyone been to dos jefes?

Quote Originally Posted by CarnivorousPelican View Post
    Habana port cigars in covington, LA had some Lost cities, Anejo Sharks, nice selection small their shop in Baton Rouge has a larger humidor they do charge above MSRP...

Dos Jefes is just a little bar way out on tchopatoulis. I went there once a couple of years ago....decent enough place, but nothing special. They've got a small humidor, with just overpriced run-of-the-mill stuff as I recall.

Pretty cool for a little bar if you're in that part of town, but it's not exactly near anything else. And don't go there expecting to find a holy grail humidor.

Quote Originally Posted by nola.bell View Post
    I decided to go to the Mayan Import Co. on Magazine street yesterday and must proclaim that this is my new favorite B&M!!! The place has good prices with a huge selction in the large walk in humidor. I highly reccommend this store!! Fine Cigars: Mayan Import Company: Welcome to your Big Easy Tobacconist
    I'll have to second this. I just checked them out for the first time last week and really liked the place. The prices on a few of the cigars I had bought at another local B&M where cheaper and the selection was much bigger.

Quote Originally Posted by CarnivorousPelican View Post

My friend and I hit up Dos Jefes last Tuesday. Nice bar to have some drinks and a cigar. I brought my own stick after a friend mentioned the selection was small and high priced. I'll definitely be going back but with my own sticks. They had a taco truck parked out front but I had already eaten dinner. And there was some good live music that started around 9:30.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2