Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Shops in Metairie and New Orleans

This is a discussion on Shops in Metairie and New Orleans within the Louisiana forums, part of the Members and Places to Smoke by Area category; Hey All, I'm in Metairie for a couple weeks. I was wondering if anyone knows any good cigar shops. I'm ...

Shops in Metairie and New Orleans

Hey All,

I'm in Metairie for a couple weeks. I was wondering if anyone knows any good cigar shops.
    I'm looking for a great place that might have some rare sticks I can take home and brag about .
    If you could put a name and addy in the thread I would be very greatful!
    And if any of ya'll end up in San Antonio TX, I'll gladly return the favor!!

Thanks,
    Matt

Re: Shops in Metairie and New Orleans

These are all in the French Quarter, but I've been to all of them and they'd definitely be worth a cab ride!

Fine Cigars: Mayan Import Company: Welcome to your Big Easy Tobacconist (Exchange Place....I haven't been to the other location)
    Cigar Factory New Orleans - For one of the best cigars you'll ever smoke!
    Don Leoncio Cigars
    Crescent City Cigar Shop - New Orleans, LA.

You're the best. As soon as I eat my body weight in mud bugs I'm going to those! I'm headed to the original cafe dumonde right now and to the ww2 museum. Anything else I should check out?

Cigar Factory is practically right across the street from Cafe du Monde

I actually haven't been to that ww2 museum, but I've heard good things. Let me know how it is, I might check it out sometime.

There is a small art museum on Royal Street that is quite nice. I don't remember the exact address or the name...but it's nice, and admission is free.

The Aquarium of the Americas is nice if you're into that kind of thing.

And of course there's the night life on Bourbon Street. I highly recommend a little bar called Fritzels if youd like to check out some genuine old timey New Orleans style jazz. It's kinda far down, maybe 1100 block or so?

I'm sitting in the cigar factory now smoking a maduro torpedo. Damn its good and the Vibe of the place just makes the cigar better! Man I wish I had something like this in san Antonio.. thanks for the recommendation man you ROCK!

Great! Really cool place, isn't it? Crazy salsa music and the rollers working Yeah, the maduros are their best, IMO. It's worth it to buy a box to age. They really improve with 6 months to a year of rest.

Shops in Metairie and New Orleans-imag0364.jpg This is my haul for today. I went to the factory and the mayan cigar store. I got 9 Opus X in 2 sizes (I never show up to my cigar store in time to get any). 2 My Father Limited edition 2010, a Camacho Liberty edition, and a box of New Orleans Cigar Factory Maduro Torpedo. I topped it all off with a Shrimpzilla po' boy from the Oyster Bar. That was one damn tasty sandwhich!!

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish BaconStrips's Avatar

Nice Haul Matt!

Thanks Kevin. We are going to have to meet up so you can try one of those New Orleans Factory Maduro Torpedos. They are great, and the place is the best place to smoke them. You walk in to the store and it's like walking in to a factory (kinda self explainitory i know but...) there are about 10 guys working. Every step though not just putting the wrapper on (like Fink's demos). They are making the filler and rolling the binder and pressing everything. And they had some crazy salsa music going. It was nice being there wathing them work and watching the rain (we never get enough in San Antonio) Shops in Metairie and New Orleans-imag0362.jpg

Very nice haul indeed!

Now you've got me wanting to go back to New Orleans! It's only been a month since I went there LOL.

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish BaconStrips's Avatar

Hell yea Matt, sounds good. Ill be in Austin for work for the next 3 weeks, but I'll be back on the weekends. Shoot me a PM brother. Enjoy yourself out there, looks like a badass place.

No longer a community member.

I love my hometown. Cigar Factory is great, one of a kind, and Crescent City Cigars is also an excellent B&M.

I will have to check out cresent city. Do you think they will have any rare smokes??

Quote Originally Posted by shootinmatt View Post
    I will have to check out cresent city. Do you think they will have any rare smokes??
    I don't recall seeing many HTFs at Crescent City. It's a great place, and Armando (the owner) is a great BOTL, but it's kinda small. He did have a stack of empty Opus X boxes behind the counter, so I assume he does get them. Maybe he keeps them somewhere in the back? Or maybe he was sold out when I was there? I have seen WOAMs and Oliva V Maduros there. He also (at least he used to? I guess he still has them?) has a cigar that is made in Louisiana of genuine St James perique tobacco, which is definitely a rarity. It's the only place I've ever seen or heard of such an animal. I wasn't a huge fan of them, but they're definitely worth trying.

Tobacco Exchange (link) had LOTS of stuff last time I was there, high end Padrons, Opus X in several sizes, etc.

Theyre both in easy walking distance of each other, and I highly recommend both shops!

Yeah that is part of the Mayan Cigar Exchange. That was the shop I got the Opus X's. That was a great place, and the guy working the shop was very nice. I bought the rest of a box of Opus X's and asked if I could keep the box, he said he usually sells them for $30 but sure. I got today off so I'm going to see some sights. From what I hear there is a very nice aquarium here, so I think that will be a stop. After that I'm going to find a place with a lounge and hang out somewhere.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast