Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Severna Park - Broadleaf

This is a discussion on Severna Park - Broadleaf within the Maryland forums, part of the Members and Places to Smoke by Area category; Here's what happened to me. See what you think. I stop in the shop. They sent out an email promoting ...

Re: Severna Park - Broadleaf

Here's what happened to me. See what you think.

I stop in the shop. They sent out an email promoting Xikars new HC cigar line. As with most promos, you buy something and they kick in something extra. In the email it said you buy three sticks get one free.

What the hell, I took a shot. I picked out my three and took them to the counter. I asked where the freebie cigars were. The girl at the register said they were not doing that but they were putting everyone's name in a raffle for a cutter/lighter combo. I turned to the owner who was there with the cigar rep and told him I thought the email said 1 free stick with the purchase of 3. He told me I was mistaken. Who knew, maybe he was right.

I get home later that night and I just had to know if I was losing my mind or was I remembering correctly. Well, after opening the email again, I was right. They advertised the free stick deal.

No big deal right? So the next time I stopped in, I asked the owner I saw during the promo about the ad he sent out in the email and why did he not give out the sticks like promised. I was really just trying to bust his balls but he got all pissy with me and said that the rep forgot to bring an extra box of smokes for the freebies. I said he should have busted out one of his boxes to give out. He told me that there was no way he was going to eat the cost of a box of smokes and that the Xikar rep was responsible. I told him that would have been the stand up thing to do.

That was the last time I stepped foot into his store.

Young Puffer Fish

Never had any problems with the service or the people there, but the new location isn't as welcoming. The lighting is bright florescent school cafeteria lighting and it's just not "homey" or welcoming like the old location was.

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish edwardsdigital's Avatar

I guess its time for a little newer perspective.

I started going to broadleaf recently when I decided to actually get into enjoying good cigars. The first few times I went in, it was a little intimidating because there were quite a few people sitting in the lounge enjoying their sticks, and I felt like I was intruding on a private club. The gentleman behind the counter was nice enough and helped me grab the 2 cigars I asked for, but I didnt stick around to see what the place was all about.

Last month I decided to actually drop in and talk to the people there and boy was I surprised! The same people I thought I was intruding upon were there (regulars... go figure!) in the lounge, and a different gentleman was behind the counter. When I went over to talk to him and explained that I was new to the game, he took the time to walk me through the humidor and make a few suggestions on some smokes he liked and some he thought I may like based on some questions he asked about my tastes. He also made sure to let me know that they had a frequent buyers club where after so many $25 purchases you got $25 off your next purchase (like a coffee card you get punched for a free coffee). They also have movie nights and all night smokes that are open to all, just stop by the shop or go to their website for the events calendar. I would definitely recommend them to anyone in the area if they havent tried them yet, and give them another chance sometime if you have had issues before.

Funny that you mention giving them another chance Tim. Over the Winter, I have done just that. The service and reception has been great. We discussed what I experienced in the past and were able to see things from each others perspective. I find myself stopping by 2-3 times a week now.

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish edwardsdigital's Avatar

I drop in 1-2 times a week in the afternoon / evening on my way home from work, so maybe we will run into each other up there.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2