Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Tobacco Leaf - Jessup

This is a discussion on Tobacco Leaf - Jessup within the Maryland forums, part of the Members and Places to Smoke by Area category; I stopped in here last night for a smoke in the lounge and was pleasantly surprised. It just opened a ...

Young Puffer Fish

Tobacco Leaf - Jessup

I stopped in here last night for a smoke in the lounge and was pleasantly surprised. It just opened a couple of weeks ago.

First, the bad:

-Not the best atmosphere for smoking. This is due primarily to the overly-bright fluorescent lighting in the lounge area.
    -Decent selection, but many of my faves are absent. (Tat, Illusione, 601 and most of the Fuente line are nowhere to be found.)
    -The TVs in the lounge are placed way too high on the wall, making them difficult to watch.

Now the good:

-Reasonable (but not fantastic) prices, and as I said they do have a good selection of smokes.
    -HUGE lounge, at least by suburban MD standards. This plus decent air movement helps keep the air comfortable to breathe.
    -Lots of comfortable seating.
    -BYOB, and there is a beer and liquor store literally right next door.

If you're in the area, I'd recommend checking it out!

Tobacco Leaf
    7351 Assateague Drive
    Jessup, MD 20749

They do have a website, but I'm not permitted to post it yet because I don't have enough posts. Google should get the job done though.

Young Puffer Fish

Re: Tobacco Leaf - Jessup

I was mistaken, Illusione is in stock! Had the new Epernay last night.

Young Puffer Fish

Re: Tobacco Leaf - Jessup

Well, no more complaints from me - the issues I brought up have all been resolved! The fluorescent lighting has been replaced with warm recessed lights and lamps, the TVs have been moved down and the selection is now among the best in the area. Fuente, Padron Anniversary, LFD, I even found a whole box of Liga Privada Flying Pigs hanging out in the corner for $12 apiece. (No Tats yet, but I'm sure a deal is in the works.)