Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Xi2 question

This is a discussion on Xi2 question within the Meet the Manufacturer forums, part of the Cigar Specialty Forums category; Question about my Xikar. I have a Xi2 cutter that is about a month old that I got as a ...

Xi2 question

Question about my Xikar. I have a Xi2 cutter that is about a month old that I got as a gift. The problem that I have with this cutter is it is not very smooth at all on the cut. One side seems to hang up about half way and the other has a slight studder. My question is this, is there anything I can do to make the cut a little smoother? I also saw you mention something about an upgrade in another thread, how exactly does that work?

Puffer Fish with some spikes vintagejc's Avatar

Re: Xi2 question

Mine seems to hang as well. It also doesn't spring open all the way like it used to. It seems fine, maybe just needing an adjustment. I have oiled and blew out debris. Thanks.

When life gives you lemons, make whiskey sours.

Mine is also finicky about opening sometimes, especially after a cut.

The One and Only GOT ssutton219's Avatar

My advice...Send it in and get it fixed/replaced..I was gifted one and love it..the lil spring that hold it open broke and I sent it in and within a week (I live 3 hrs away from headquarters) I had a new one. I am getting ready to send my Multi-tool in so I can get it sharpened.

Shawn
    If the thought of a lil mold spores or beetle eggs in a cigar bother you..maybe you shouldnt smoke...cigars are a plant that we allow to ferment (rot) for our enjoyment...

The great thing about Xikars is that they come with a lifetime warranty!

We are proud to offer our lifetime warranty on all XIKAR products. So, if you feel that a XIKAR product fails to live up to our promise of fit, finish or function, simply return it to us and we will immediately and cheerfully repair or replace your product under our Total Satisfaction Guarantee!

If for any reason you need to return your product, please return the product only (without the box) in a padded/bubble mailing envelope to

XIKAR INC
    PO Box 025757
    Kansas City, MO, 64102-5757

Be sure to include your printed name and complete mailing address, email or phone number & the reason for return (very important as we use this information for quality control). We should have the product returned to you within 2 weeks.

If returning a lighter, it is very important that the lighter is shipped EMPTY of butane fuel.
    I hope this helps

~Mark

ps - if you register your new product online (www.xikar.com) they will send you a sweet case for it

It is not uncommon for oils in cigars to get caught on a blade after some cuts.

My first recommendation would be to add the smallest amount of graphite lubricate in the hole where the trigger is located. You can find small packs of graphite lubricate at your local hardware store.

Work the cutter open/closed a few times to see if that loosens things up.

If that doesn't work, please send it in and we'll service the cutter.

For more tips:
    http://www.xikar.com/how.asp#suggestions

For warranty and return info:
    http://www.xikar.com/warranty/warranty.asp
    XIKAR FOR LIFE: All XIKAR products are guaranteed for life.
    Jacob Dysart - Marketing Coordinator, XIKAR Inc.

Quote Originally Posted by XIKAR View Post

My first recommendation would be to add the smallest amount of graphite lubricate in the hole where the trigger is located. You can find small packs of graphite lubricate at your local hardware store.

For more tips:

Now that's customer service! Me thinks I might break down and go search out and Xikar for myself.

Thanks for the reply Andy, I'll give the graphite a go!

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish Tripp's Avatar

I don't want to sound like a troll, but I'll post my experience anyway. I was having a sticking problem with my old Xi2,(which was GREAT until the sticking started), so I sent it in for replacement. It only took about 5 days turnaround, and when I got the new one it didn't stick on opening, but when closing it, it still scrapes on the inside, and is a bit hard to close.

The Great Pepin Whore of the Northwest.

Quote Originally Posted by Tripp View Post
    I don't want to sound like a troll, but I'll post my experience anyway. I was having a sticking problem with my old Xi2,(which was GREAT until the sticking started), so I sent it in for replacement. It only took about 5 days turnaround, and when I got the new one it didn't stick on opening, but when closing it, it still scrapes on the inside, and is a bit hard to close.
    Send it back again dude.

Full grown Puffer Fish nwksaxman@hotmail.com's Avatar

I had one that was fine....until i jumped in my father-in-laws pond with it in my pocket. now it sounds like fingernails on a chalk board!

Puffer Fish with some spikes vintagejc's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by XIKAR View Post

For more tips:

Just to let everyone know. I did follow this advice and now I'd say my cutter is back into fightin shape. She pops open and snaps shut. It has that distinctive snap when opening and closing that tells you everything is going to be just fine.

Thanks for the advice.

When life gives you lemons, make whiskey sours.

I like the design of my cutter is why I bought it, but its just doesn't cut that great? When I close it one side closes before the other. It kinda smashes and then cuts the cigar. Some cigars I have cut with it still leaves crumbly pieces after the cut. Is there a better alternative in the Xikar line? I have had it sharpened once and it did help, but still not getting what I want.

Full grown Puffer Fish nwksaxman@hotmail.com's Avatar

great thread. mine has never cut straight. smooth, but never straight. i only use it when i travel (work etc) great to keep in your pocket without cutting yourself. I did not know that they had a lifetime warrenty. ill send mine in!!!

ATF

I just bought one this weekend (Sunday) and mines already getting a sticking problem on one side. It's causing some really awkward cuts.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast