Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Your fuel experience

This is a discussion on Your fuel experience within the Meet the Manufacturer forums, part of the Cigar Specialty Forums category; Vector as well... I guess it's also because that's all the store sells......

Re: Your fuel experience

Vector as well... I guess it's also because that's all the store sells...
    "Never trust a MassHole offering to send you anything..."

Quote Originally Posted by dunng View Post
    Vector as well... I guess it's also because that's all the store sells...
    Shameless plug here gentlemen: XIKAR has searched high and low for the best butane fuel out there and we now offer XIKAR brand fuel. Ask for it at your local store!

**note: it doesn't matter how many times fuel is "refined" if the refining process doesn't get near zero impurities. XIKAR fuel is as pure as butane gets.

Andy from XIKAR
    XIKAR FOR LIFE: All XIKAR products are guaranteed for life.
    Jacob Dysart - Marketing Coordinator, XIKAR Inc.

Leading Puffer Fish longknocker's Avatar

Smile Re: Your fuel experience

Quote Originally Posted by XIKAR View Post
    Shameless plug here gentlemen: XIKAR has searched high and low for the best butane fuel out there and we now offer XIKAR brand fuel. Ask for it at your local store!

**note: it doesn't matter how many times fuel is "refined" if the refining process doesn't get near zero impurities. XIKAR fuel is as pure as butane gets.

Andy from XIKAR
    Thanks for the info, Andy! I'll be buying some! I have a Xikar Element lighter and Xikar punch and have found them both to be Top Notch!

Puffer Fish with some spikes Kondour's Avatar

Not to hijack the thread, but i have a new zippo blue torch lighter and it say's only to use zippo refined fuel, could i just use any high quality fuels such as Xikar or should i just stick to zippo. Also if i use a different fuel other than zippo refined fule in my zippo lighter, would that void the lifetime warranty?

Quote Originally Posted by Kondour View Post
    Not to hijack the thread, but i have a new zippo blue torch lighter and it say's only to use zippo refined fuel, could i just use any high quality fuels such as Xikar or should i just stick to zippo. Also if i use a different fuel other than zippo refined fule in my zippo lighter, would that void the lifetime warranty?
    I would use Vector or Lava, they are much better than Zippo fuel. As far as the warranty goes, I could not find anything on any websites that would infer that the warranty would be void, although the catch-all "misuse" is stated. My question would be, "How would they know"?

Vodka is food....who's hungry?

You're welcome, Dave.

Quote Originally Posted by icehog3 View Post
    I would use Vector or Lava, they are much better than Zippo fuel. As far as the warranty goes, I could not find anything on any websites that would infer that the warranty would be void, although the catch-all "misuse" is stated. My question would be, "How would they know"?
    I don't think they could find out anyways. Also the zippo lighters are pretty robust, thus using a different quality fuel won't impact the lighters performance, and if performance was decreased, i guess i could always switch back to zippo fuel, but i don't think that would happen, or send it back for warranty repair which i don't know how they would detect a different fuel.
    Thanks,
    Derek

Quote Originally Posted by Kondour View Post
    I don't think they could find out anyways. Also the zippo lighters are pretty robust, thus using a different quality fuel won't impact the lighters performance, and if performance was decreased, i guess i could always switch back to zippo fuel, but i don't think that would happen, or send it back for warranty repair which i don't know how they would detect a different fuel.
    Thanks,
    Derek
    If I used a different quality fuel, it definitely be one of better and not worse quality, Derek...I'm guessing that's what you mean.

Vodka is food....who's hungry?

You're welcome, Dave.

Quote Originally Posted by icehog3 View Post
    If I used a different quality fuel, it definitely be one of better and not worse quality, Derek...I'm guessing that's what you mean.
    Yeah, I would only use the same or a higher quality fuel, sorry for the confusion, its late lol. Thanks for the recommendation for fuels. I'm glad that i switched to a butane ligher, because i was using a normal zippo, and all i would taste is the nasty zippo lighter fluid and my cigars would taste like barbeque ligher fluid lol, learned lessons i suppose.

Full grown Puffer Fish nwksaxman@hotmail.com's Avatar

I use the colibri fuel...thats all my shop sells......didnt know that xikar made fuel.....gonna have to try it out!!!

Quote Originally Posted by nwksaxman@hotmail.com View Post
    I use the colibri fuel...thats all my shop sells......didnt know that xikar made fuel.....gonna have to try it out!!!

http://www.xikar.com/product_butane.asp

This page also has some instructions on how to properly fill/drain and refill your lighter, FYI.

Andy
    XIKAR FOR LIFE: All XIKAR products are guaranteed for life.
    Jacob Dysart - Marketing Coordinator, XIKAR Inc.

Puffer Fish with many spikes RaiderinKS's Avatar

I am curious how many ppm of impurities other brands, name vector and lava, have in their fuels.

When getting into smoking cigars a few years ago I went to purchase a nice lighter ($50 prometheus is a mighty fine lighter for a rookie) and fuel for it. Guy at the local B&M suggested the quintuple filtered vector stuff and thats all I've ever used in the thing. Never had any problems (knock on wood).
    "Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt."
    ~Sun Tzu

Funny thing, ever since I traded my Colibri for a JetLite, I've used nothing but Ronson Butane. I've been using the same two lighters now for almost a year and a half with no problems.

Go figure, eh?
    So long and thanks for all the fish! So sad it had to come to this.

Been using Ronson Multi Fuel in a Xikar for about 2 years now, no problems at all.
    "Leave the gun. Take the canolies."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2