Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Your fuel experience

This is a discussion on Your fuel experience within the Meet the Manufacturer forums, part of the Cigar Specialty Forums category; Can you post fuel experience, how it worked ? maybe we could list good fuels to use with Xikar lighters. ...

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish

Your fuel experience

Can you post fuel experience, how it worked ? maybe we could list good fuels to use with Xikar lighters.
    I'm part referring to the Xikar Executive Lighter - Question thread.

Young Puffer Fish BlueWaterStogie's Avatar

Re: Your fuel experience

Have been using, so far, Ronson Multi-Fill. I don't recommend it, although I haven't had any clogs yet.

Learned that the owner of a good B&M hereabouts has advised his jet-flame lighter carrying regulars to use triply-filtered butane. Sure enough, after a couple of weeks, a clogged lighter becomes unclogged, merely by changing fuel.

I saw some 5x-filtered butane with a Buy Now price of about $2/can - and these were big 7oz or 10oz cans as I recall.

Have switched from (thanks in large part to TSA vigilance being a bit more stout in Oakland than at LAX) Colibris, which I never liked, to Ronson Jet-Fire lighters and love 'em. However, once I'm done with the aforementioned Ronson fuel, it's going to be 3x- or 5x-filtered butane for me.

Haven't put anything but Ronsonol into the Zippo-lookalikes (Windii) - same yellow-blue flame, same wick/flint/fluid maintenance merriment - nothing new to report there. I use them as carry-on backups in case I forget to not travel with the torch lighters.

BWS

Elder Puffer Fish Leader taltos's Avatar

Many of us have had very good luck with Vector fuel. It is multi-filtered and is readily available from b&m's and also from Williams Sonoma stores. Have never had a lighter problem after switching. Lava has also gotten good reviews although it is difficult to find.

Paul
    Til the end like a friend stands by you again,
    And I wouldn't change a thing.

Taters of the Lost Ark tchariya's Avatar

I heart Vector!

I am not a fish!

Vector FTW!
    [SIZE=5]
    [/SIZE]

Full grown Puffer Fish rlacapra1's Avatar

i just bought a blazer pb-207 lighter and a can of Promethius butane which they stock. I'm not sure if this is good stuff or not, it doesnt give much info on the label.

Vector or Lava, I use nothing else. Have Blazers going on 2 1/2 years without any issues using Vector.

Vodka is food....who's hungry?

You're welcome, Dave.

This space owned by Puff. Jbailey's Avatar

I just got my first blazer and a few cans of Vector. Looking forward to many happy years.
    Goodbye Louie

Quote Originally Posted by Jbailey View Post
    I just got my first blazer and a few cans of Vector. Looking forward to many happy years.
    Just don't keep leaving your Blazer at herfs like The Professor does, Dave!

Vodka is food....who's hungry?

You're welcome, Dave.

This space owned by Puff. Jbailey's Avatar

I will do my best.
    Goodbye Louie

RJT
    Huge Puffer Fish packed with spikes RJT's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by icehog3 View Post
    Vector or Lava.
    I use Lava mostly when I can find it.

Full grown Puffer Fish full count's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by icehog3 View Post
    Vector or Lava, I use nothing else. Have Blazers going on 2 1/2 years without any issues using Vector.

Ditto. Blazer PB207 + Lava = Sure Fire
    "It's what you learn after you know it all that counts."
    -earl weaver

No longer a community member.

PB 207 and Xikar fuel as of yesterday due to this thread and Corona only selling Xikar and Vector. Ronson before that and never a problem in over a year of nonstop use.

i started to have problems with the ronson butane.....brand new lighters wouldnt light.

off i went to the B&M and got some lucerine triple refined and now they are all working great.

moral of the story......make sure it say triple refined at least on the can
    i will take (insert another word for refuge here) wherever i can find it

Vector in all of mine has produced no problems over the years in my lighters even makes the cheap ones I lose all over the place work well
    " Fish Hard, Sailfast, Shoot Straight, and save time for the Important Things In Life "

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast