Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Salsa

This is a discussion on Salsa within the Meet the Manufacturer forums, part of the Cigar Specialty Forums category; I really enjoy this cigar. This cigar is a perfect construction wonderful full flavor cigar that is super smooth. My ...

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish Coffee Grounds's Avatar

Salsa

I really enjoy this cigar.
    This cigar is a perfect construction wonderful full flavor cigar that is super smooth.

My question is do you think there is a limit on how long one should age this cigar?
    I have a box with about 3 years of age on it.

Thank you

Re: Salsa

Quote Originally Posted by Coffee Grounds View Post
    I really enjoy this cigar.
    This cigar is a perfect construction wonderful full flavor cigar that is super smooth.

My question is do you think there is a limit on how long one should age this cigar?
    I have a box with about 3 years of age on it.

Thank you

My experience with the Salsa - they are wickedly good young and fresh. After about a year they get flat and stay there until 3 years+ old and then exit with the same rich spicy flavor but much smoother. If your box is 3 years it should be prime smoking. I would have no fear aging them 3 more years though. I am suprised you have held onto a whole box of Salsas soo long - great will power you have!

I have a theory that the more complex the blend of a cigar is the longer it spends in its sick period. Since the Salsa has a 3 nation blend I put several sticks down for a long rest when I noticed they had dulled and didn't visit them for a couple years and then they were awesome again.. (and gone all too quickly)

3 year old Buc Z's are quite nice too!

Re: Salsa

Those Salsas are so good fresh that I can't keep them for 3 years. Since I am in the city today, I thing I'll go by the B&M and grab a handful...try to age them...a few weeks
    CigarGal aka Marianne

Why not? Shameless plug for my book. Here!