Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

humidor with the blue light

This is a discussion on humidor with the blue light within the Meet the Manufacturer forums, part of the Cigar Specialty Forums category; Here's another one on c-bid: http://www.cigarbid.com/auction/lot.cfm?lotID=539760...

Re: humidor with the blue light

i've heard a lot of bad things about those CAO Vision humi's. it seems like they are either a hit or a miss. i've heard some that range from 44-mid70% rh and some that flux between 65-75%.

I picked up an intact box of the Pranas, just for the cool box, a while back. I sold it (intact) since it wouldn't hold humidity (mid to high 50s). That is the whole reason for a humi-box, so I contacted CAO and after a lot of BS I got another one (box only). It would maintain either (around 60%). I do think they are a cool conversation piece, but not for protection of fine cigars. That is, unless you get one that seals well...
    [SIZE="3"]Jeff
    Puff(puff, pass)Daddy[/SIZE]
    [SIZE="3"]"It has been my experience that folks who have no vices have very few virtues." [/SIZE] - Abraham Lincoln

Elder Puffer Fish Leader shilala's Avatar

I want one of those munkeebumpers.
    I'd probably be more pleased if I just pimped out my own humi.

Scratching Itches chippewastud79's Avatar

I got no less than two B+M's down here that have plenty Visions with the boxes. In fact my buddy bought about 20 singles the other day and the place gave him a Vision box.
    You can never have too many cigars, they are like an investment in good times.

Quote Originally Posted by chippewastud79 View Post
    I got no less than two B+M's down here that have plenty Visions with the boxes. In fact my buddy bought about 20 singles the other day and the place gave him a Vision box.
    Go get me one!!!

I won one at the Perdomo event last Saturday.

It also came with a nice carrying case that I haven't seen pictures of.

As far as the RH goes, at the begining of the event, the RH on the box was 64%. By the end of the day with everyone opening it up, it was in the mid 50's.

I pulled the batteries out, opened the lid and put the whole unit in my coolerdor. I'll give it a few days in there and check it out again.
    The United States does not lose wars on the field. Our wars are lost on the home front, by citizens that do not realize, or possibly do not care that they are giving aid, comfort and encouragement to the enemy.

Quote Originally Posted by chippewastud79 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by shilala View Post
    Go get me one!!!
    I'll buy or trade ya something for one...

Quote Originally Posted by DBall View Post
    I'll buy or trade ya something for one...
    That's the way to get him moving!!!

i saw one on ebay once going for 50 bucks + shipping

No longer a community member.

I saw these originally when they were unveiled at the RTDA a couple years back and must say was very impressed with the design and the pizzaz these humi's had.

Having smoked through a few Visions I found them decent smokes but the value really lies with the packaging. I hope CAO can find a way to fix any flaws the humi's may have as I really think they are a great thing to have in your collection just for collectabilities sake

just say no to stupid

CAO Vision! Not your run of the mill "Blue Light Special."

Quote Originally Posted by NCRadioMan View Post
    I have one and it will not get above 63%. But that is where I prefer it.
    Interesting because the same thing happens to mine. I was fortunate enough to purchase a box in Vegas at the Big Smoke. There was a separate cigar shop in town with a CAO event that had quite a few. He gave a great deal.

The box is very Star Trek. I have had to replace the humidipak once. But I noticed that the hygrometer does not go very high. When I contacted CAO, I spoke with one of their management. She was VERY helpful and was willing to replace the box and all. I said NAH, but was curious about the humidity level. I'm thinking about takinig the cigars out and just oohing and aahing my friends with it.

And BTW, I've only smoked one with a friend. A VERY nice smoke if I do say so.
    Qui Vivra Verra

I really gotta find one of these boxes... it'd be perfect for a desktop display. They look so damned cool!

No longer a community member.

Quote Originally Posted by DBall View Post
    I really gotta find one of these boxes... it'd be perfect for a desktop display. They look so damned cool!

I want one with a disco ball and lights when it opens.

I love BADM's!

Al

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast