Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Oliva Forum Focusing on Oliva Cigars

This is a discussion on Oliva Forum Focusing on Oliva Cigars within the Meet the Manufacturer forums, part of the Cigar Specialty Forums category; Unfortunately the owner of Nub Cigars, Sam Leccia, who also has a working relationship with Oliva Cigars has not been ...

-

Oliva Forum Focusing on Oliva Cigars

Unfortunately the owner of Nub Cigars, Sam Leccia, who also has a working relationship with Oliva Cigars has not been able to have his expectations met by Club Stogie.

The Owner of Nub Cigars informed Club Stogie via email that he was very unhappy he had to wait 24 hours to post upon registering, and that this anti-spam rule at Club Stogie had caused him "to lose interest" in Club Stogie as a place to supply information about his cigars.

Explanation of the rule to Mr. Leccia caused him to become even more disenchanted with Club Stogie.

For this reason the Oliva Forum will be going away shortly, and closed for posting from this point forward. We will not have a Nub Cigars forum as planned either.

We believe it is unfortunate the free forum we were providing for information about their products will not meet their expectations.
    --------------------------------------------------------

Tis a better view from the high road.

-

Re: Oliva Forum Focusing on Oliva Cigars

Good news regarding Oliva Cigars continued participation in Club Stogie.

Oliva has a myriad of fantastic, and well respected cigars. Based upon conversations with some of their staff we are going to re-open this forum with a focus on the Oliva products.

While Oliva does distribute Nub Cigars, there continued involvement here will not be affected by the decision of Nub Cigars owner not to participate. For this reason we ask you to keep your posts and questions related to Oliva products.

As mentioned in the above post, I am happy to have Oliva back, and glad this was able to be worked out.
    --------------------------------------------------------

Tis a better view from the high road.

No longer a community member.

This is good.

An Old Retired Wiseguy! JohnnyFlake's Avatar

The fact that an Oliva Forum will continue is very good news. I enjoy most Oliva cigars.

On the other hand, the fact that Mr. Sam Leccia of Nub Cigars is unhappy with CS rules and guidelines, is most certainly not going to cause me any loss of sleep!!! We (CS) do not exist to do his bidding. He should have been happy to have been given the opportunity to be apart of the CS Family.

It's quite possible that Mr. Leccia has forgotten that he represents himself & Nub Cigars. We don't need to meet his expectations. We (CS), on the other hand, represent thousands of cigar enthusiast. You know, the people that actually buy cigars!!!

Now, I wouldn't smoke a Nub Cigar if he paid me!!!

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyFlake View Post
    Now, I wouldn't smoke a Nub Cigar if he paid me!!!
    Not me! I'll smoke one for $100 cash anytime!

Good job Paul, good to know Oliva will be well represented in the Jungle!

Vodka is food....who's hungry?

You're welcome, Dave.

Quote Originally Posted by icehog3 View Post
    Not me! I'll smoke one for $100 cash anytime!

It's a matter of principle, ain't you got no principle man???

It's a matter of principle, ain't you got no principle man???
    Ok.....$200.

You're welcome, Dave.

Just wanted to express my happiness that Oliva will again be represented on CS. I happen to enjoy their sticks thoroughly, but even if I didn't, I firmly believe the CS community and the manufacturer benefit equally by having a dedicated forum where the two can interact.

Puffer Fish with many spikes

Quote Originally Posted by pds View Post
    The Owner of Nub Cigars informed Club Stogie via email that he was very unhappy he had to wait 24 hours to post upon registering, and that this anti-spam rule at Club Stogie had caused him "to lose interest" in Club Stogie as a place to supply information about his cigars.

Wow so he decided that access to thousands of cigar enthusiasts wasn't worth the 24 hour wait...nice.

Ok.....$200.
    Now you've got me thinking!

Now you've got me thinking!
    It's like the old joke of the guy who asks a woman, "Would you sleep with me for a million dollars?"

"Yes", she replies.

"Would you sleep with me for $10?"

"No! What do you think I am????"

"We have established what you are...now we're negotiating a price."

You're welcome, Dave.

I am a little concerned about a individual that can not wait 24 hours for something - especially since the product is essentially me.

Does that mean that if he can not get me his cigars in less then 24 hours I should not bother to buy/smoke them.

Patience is a virtue and I believe is part of the cigar experience world
    PINK is the new BLACK

Geez, that's kind of a d**k move on the nub guys part. CS is offering him free advertisement (essentially) and PR and he wants to be a tool about it? Oh well.

Puffer Fish with many spikes Lorglath's Avatar

It's like the old joke of the guy who asks a woman, "Would you sleep with me for a million dollars?"

"Yes", she replies.

"Would you sleep with me for $10?"

"No! What do you think I am????"

"We have established what you are...now we're negotiating a price."
    One of my favorite jokes...

Puffer Fish with many spikes sanfrantreat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell View Post
    Geez, that's kind of a d**k move on the nub guys part. CS is offering him free advertisement (essentially) and PR and he wants to be a tool about it? Oh well.

he's now got 10 000 ppl who have seen this. Thats a great advert lol any publicity is good publicity

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast