Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Smoking a Special G Maduro...

This is a discussion on Smoking a Special G Maduro... within the Meet the Manufacturer forums, part of the Cigar Specialty Forums category; And discovered it had a thick stem running the length of the cigar right down the middle...ugh....

No longer a community member.

Smoking a Special G Maduro...

And discovered it had a thick stem running the length of the cigar right down the middle...ugh.

Elder Puffer Fish Leader TripleF's Avatar

Re: Smoking a Special G Maduro...

Dang......hate when that happens. Better fire up another

At Cigar A s y l u m :) Ratters's Avatar

Haven't had the special but I find the G maduro to be a very tasty smoke. Did the stem make a difference in the taste of the smoke?

Yeah it wasn't like others I've had at all - seemed really bitter until I discovered the stem - pulled it out and it tasted better but was just burning too hot because of the huge channel I opened down the center of the cigar.

Puffer Fish with many spikes BengalMan's Avatar

Mikey,

Sorry about your experience. I'd try to pick up another one and re-visit it. The Special G is one of my favorite quick smokes and I honestly have yet to have an experience like this with one.

I hope this doesn't turn you off from the line because I can tell you that this is definitely few and far between.

Mikey have you tried another one yet? I have one that shaggy gave me and I can not wait to smoke it... it looks so good, I just need some warmer weather. But from what I hear it is a solid little smoke... you have smoked some in the past, other than this one with a stem issue how were the others?

You can call this research... I want to buy a box!
    Yes in the arctic it IS spelled BLAW BLAW BLAW

Newbie in the ocean

Quote Originally Posted by mikeyj23 View Post
    Welcome to CS. You should consider posting a newbie introduction in the newbie forum so we can get to know you.

P.S. I'm sure both Nub and Oliva cigars will do just fine without you defending them on an internet forum.
    Guess you won't have to worry about that guy voicing his opinion anymore, the mods on here seem to go out of their way to ban and delete anyone respectfully posting an opinion that differs from theirs.

Well anyway, enjoy your Club Commie, I'm sure they will ban and delete this account as well since I'm exercising free thought.

Elder Puffer Fish Leader shilala's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rustyford View Post
    Guess you won't have to worry about that guy voicing his opinion anymore, the mods on here seem to go out of their way to ban and delete anyone respectfully posting an opinion that differs from theirs.

Well anyway, enjoy your Club Commie, I'm sure they will ban and delete this account as well since I'm exercising free thought.

Club Commie.

hmm and I thought I was being tactful this time...strange.

-

If you have a problem with how this place is run, feel free to take it up with me.

As for why those other users were banned...having multiple user accounts, and disrespectful behavior towards other members has always been an easy way to a ban.

PM me your concerns as I research your IP address.
    --------------------------------------------------------

Tis a better view from the high road.

-

Just another comment folks, and then I will likely close this thread. Please make sure to read the "What is Meet the Manufacturers" thread in the beginning of each manufacture forum. (They are all the same)

Here is a partial quote:

Expectations
    • Club Stogie – Maintain a respectful atmosphere of dialogs and interaction. No “flaming” or disrespectful behavior will be tolerated.
    • Club Stogie – Will not allow this to become a “complaints” or customer service arena. While these issues may be addressed, it will be at the manufacturers discretion.
    While this thread was respectful, the goal here is not for these areas to be a customer service forum for the manufacturers. Now I am not saying they are simply a "Suck Up to the Manufacturer" area either.

If you have issues, I would suggest taking them up directly with the manufacturer before sharing them in a public forum. Every business deserves that chance to correct random mistakes. Posting them in a public forum can expose them to unfair scrutiny at times.

In this case I do have my concerns. Primarily due the fact that the disruptive poster in this thread has done so under 4 different usernames with 4 different email addresses, all sharing the same IP address. Obviously this is not tolerated at Club Stogie. It's okay to be an ardent supporter, in this case of Oliva, but to violate conduct and operational rules of the forum to do so, is bad form. On the other hand, calling us "commies" is just plain funny!
    --------------------------------------------------------

Tis a better view from the high road.

Puffer Fish with many spikes BengalMan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pds View Post
    Just another comment folks, and then I will likely close this thread. Please make sure to read the "What is Meet the Manufacturers" thread in the beginning of each manufacture forum. (They are all the same)

Here is a partial quote:

While this thread was respectful, the goal here is not for these areas to be a customer service forum for the manufacturers. Now I am not saying they are simply a "Suck Up to the Manufacturer" area either.

If you have issues, I would suggest taking them up directly with the manufacturer before sharing them in a public forum. Every business deserves that chance to correct random mistakes. Posting them in a public forum can expose them to unfair scrutiny at times.

In this case I do have my concerns. Primarily due the fact that the disruptive poster in this thread has done so under 4 different usernames with 4 different email addresses, all sharing the same IP address. Obviously this is not tolerated at Club Stogie. It's okay to be an ardent supporter, in this case of Oliva, but to violate conduct and operational rules of the forum to do so, is bad form. On the other hand, calling us "commies" is just plain funny!
    Thanks for popping in here PDS. I think closing it at this point would be best.

Quote Originally Posted by pds View Post
    Just another comment folks . . .
    PDS - I appreciate you watching and clearing up this thread. The original intent of the thread was not to trash Oliva or their cigars - It was 29 days ago, but I think at best it was an impulsive thread (me impulsive? who knew). You're right that I hadn't read the "What is Meet the Manufacturers" thread, and therefore didn't have a right to post in the forum in the first place, although I don't believe the post was out of line. As the original post doesn't have any point for the future, and the thread has digressed significantly, I'd also vote for a closing.

Bengalman and str8edg - I have tried others and have been very happy with them. These go out with every NST I send out now, since they're of an unordinary size and shape that many newbies probably haven't tried. I recognize that no matter how tight quality control is, there are always "oops" sticks, and I believe I got one of those anomalies. Finding a monster stem is frustrating though, whatever the case.

All's well that ends well.