Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Andy, got a question

This is a discussion on Andy, got a question within the Meet the Manufacturer forums, part of the Cigar Specialty Forums category; I saw in this thread: http://www.clubstogie.com/vb/showthread.php?t=158342 someone was having a problem with the cutter included in the Cohiba sampler. Oddly ...

Andy, got a question

I saw in this thread:

http://www.clubstogie.com/vb/showthread.php?t=158342

someone was having a problem with the cutter included in the Cohiba sampler. Oddly enough, I've been thinking of this lately. We had a dozen or so of those samplers at the shop I work at, and nearly all of the cutters included had problems of some sort. I think only maybe three are still working fine as best we know, the others were brought back to us within a week or two. We replaced them off the shelf and replacements were shipped to us no problem (love the warranty service for that!), but I was wondering if maybe there was a batch produced for the gift packs that may have had an issue?

In 4 years of smoking, I've never seen any Xikar cutters have a single problem (aside from normal dull blades after years of use) until those Cohiba gift pack ones, and I use my own (4 years old) as a selling point every time someone is interested.

Just curious because the anomaly of those gift packs vs. years of perfection had my boss wondering too.
    So long and thanks for all the fish! So sad it had to come to this.

Full grown Puffer Fish tallypig's Avatar

Re: Andy, got a question

Quote Originally Posted by Silound View Post
    I saw in this thread:

http://www.clubstogie.com/vb/showthread.php?t=158342

someone was having a problem with the cutter included in the Cohiba sampler. Oddly enough, I've been thinking of this lately. We had a dozen or so of those samplers at the shop I work at, and nearly all of the cutters included had problems of some sort. I think only maybe three are still working fine as best we know, the others were brought back to us within a week or two. We replaced them off the shelf and replacements were shipped to us no problem (love the warranty service for that!), but I was wondering if maybe there was a batch produced for the gift packs that may have had an issue?

In 4 years of smoking, I've never seen any Xikar cutters have a single problem (aside from normal dull blades after years of use) until those Cohiba gift pack ones, and I use my own (4 years old) as a selling point every time someone is interested.

Just curious because the anomaly of those gift packs vs. years of perfection had my boss wondering too.
    I bought one of the gift packs back in November. As did a lot of folks at our local B&M as the owner had a gift set sale. I have not heard of any problems, nor have I had any problems with mine. I did notice one thing. There are two different colored cutters with the Cohiba logo on them. One is all black and the other is a black body with grey colored wings. Don't know if this makes a difference or not.
    Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice. Ammo is cheap. Life is expensive.

Re: Andy, got a question

Hmmm. These cutters all came from the same "batches" that make up our regular stock, so that is suprising that you had problems. I'm glad you were taken care of quickly but interesting that you had so many problems with those few....I'll see what more I can find out.

As to the different colors: in 2006 we did all black cutters w/ the cohiba logo. 2007 we changed it up with the handles...that is the difference on those. They are also from our regular "batches".

Thanks,
    Andy
    XIKAR FOR LIFE: All XIKAR products are guaranteed for life.
    Jacob Dysart - Marketing Coordinator, XIKAR Inc.