Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Xi2 Sharpening

This is a discussion on Xi2 Sharpening within the Meet the Manufacturer forums, part of the Cigar Specialty Forums category; How often do you recommend that this cutter needs sharpening? Besides "when it don't cut so good no more." Based ...

Xi2 Sharpening

How often do you recommend that this cutter needs sharpening? Besides "when it don't cut so good no more." Based on cutting 7-10 cigars a week.

I loves me smokes

When is Tee time?? havana_lover's Avatar

Re: Xi2 Sharpening

hmm, it has a life time warr.. take it back and get a new one??
    It's allot easier to ask for forgiveness, then it is to ask for permission
    Quote Originally Posted by Ermo View Post
    and Detroit strippers, well, they're Detroit strippers...picture the Pistons with wigs on.

Personally I've used the same cutter for 3 years without any need for sharpening (440 steel is the best!).

Others have thought their cutter could use a sharpen after 1 year....and many more have 9 year old cutters!

Sorry for the long explanation but the bottom line: if you think your cutter is dull, send it to us and we'll take care of it.

info AT xikar DOT com with any other questions.
    XIKAR FOR LIFE: All XIKAR products are guaranteed for life.
    Jacob Dysart - Marketing Coordinator, XIKAR Inc.

Rock a mullet like a STAR mugen910's Avatar

I am not sure if my cutter is dull or I'm just holding it wrong when I squeeze the sides...but I did notice some of my cigars have like a small bump at the mid point of my cut. It's not a big deal or something I want to hassle about but I wasn't sure if it's common since it's my first Xikar.
    [SIZE=1]I am trying to spread CS spirit:[/SIZE][SIZE=1]
    AR, ID, IN, ME, MS, MT, NE,
    NM, ND, RI, SD, UT, VT, DC, WY
    15 Left.[/SIZE]

Sandbox Raffle
    SilverFox Troop Raffle!!!

No longer a community member. pnoon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mugen910 View Post
    I am not sure if my cutter is dull or I'm just holding it wrong when I squeeze the sides...but I did notice some of my cigars have like a small bump at the mid point of my cut. It's not a big deal or something I want to hassle about but I wasn't sure if it's common since it's my first Xikar.
    See post #3 in this thread. It's in response to a similar "problem" with a Palio.
    http://www.clubstogie.com/vb/showthread.php?t=159909

you are my hero for the day sir..
    15 Left.[/SIZE]

Sandbox Raffle

No longer a community member.

I often get that bump too and one quick flick of the finger usually takes it right off.

Elder Puffer Fish Leader taltos's Avatar

Bao, believe it or not, if you cut through the cello, it yields a cleaner cut and eliminates the bump. After some experimenting, I do agree with Peter about pulling away causing the bump. In addition I have noticed that the quality of my cuts goes down with the amount of alcohol consumed.

Paul
    Til the end like a friend stands by you again,
    And I wouldn't change a thing.

Paul I don't believe you...you're gonna have to show me personally.
    15 Left.[/SIZE]

Sandbox Raffle

Elder Puffer Fish Leader taltos's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mugen910 View Post
    Paul I don't believe you...you're gonna have to show me personally.
    Hopefully soon.

Paul
    Til the end like a friend stands by you again,
    And I wouldn't change a thing.

Quote Originally Posted by XIKAR View Post
    Personally I've used the same cutter for 3 years without any need for sharpening (440 steel is the best!).

Others have thought their cutter could use a sharpen after 1 year....and many more have 9 year old cutters!

Sorry for the long explanation but the bottom line: if you think your cutter is dull, send it to us and we'll take care of it.

info AT xikar DOT com with any other questions.
    Thanks for your response, been thinking of sending it in, but just don't want to part with it, although, I have a couple of MeanSardines that I could use while I wait.....

I loves me smokes

I will chime in here, and say that Xikar's customer service is top notch!

I know this has probably been beaten to death, but I just wanted to chime in here and say that Xikar's customer service and warranty is TOP NOTCH! I sent my Xi2 cutter in, because about a year ago, the spring action when you opened it wasn't working, and you would have to literally pull the blades apart.. Well.. Long story short, I bought a Palio, and started using that, and my Xikar sat around until about a week ago, and I decided I was going to send it in to have it repaired. I threw it in a padded envelope with a note letting them know what was wrong with it. In about a week, I had it back in my mail box, good as new. I don't know if they fixed it, or just replaced it, but I used it tonight at the cigar shop while shootin the crap with some of the guys, and man its like a whole new cutter! I had a couple friends use them on their smokes, and they all complimented on how nice and sharp it was! Thanks Xikar!
    Scott

For cigar reviews, news and more: http://www.cigarchoice.net

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish

As a knife nutt, Your first idea is the best. Just like your pocket knife, sharpen it when it`s not cutting to your happiness. May be buy a second for when you send it in??