Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Cigar Rep Openings

This is a discussion on Cigar Rep Openings within the Meet the Manufacturer forums, part of the Cigar Specialty Forums category; ...

Newbie in the ocean Dave Wagner's Avatar

Cigar Rep Openings

[SIZE=3]The Oliva Cigar Company is announcing the creation of five new Territory Rep. positions.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]The cigar industry is a dynamic and challenging industry to be a part of. It offers the distinct opportunity to do for a living what many of us do as a pastime. It offers the opportunity to share your passion of premium handmade cigars and to connect with those that make a living from this craft. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]While any cigar representative can tell you about the many benefits of working on the road for a cigar company, it is also important to understand the more serious side.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]The Oliva Cigar Company is a family owned company with an undying determination to position our cigars among the world’s finest. Our sales force is the country's best. They have become the best through constant dedication and hard work. Among the not so attractive parts of the job are:[/SIZE]

• [SIZE=3]Long Hours [/SIZE]
    • [SIZE=3]Work weekends and Holidays[/SIZE]
    • [SIZE=3]Heavy Travel [/SIZE]
    • [SIZE=3]Constant Accountability [/SIZE]
    • [SIZE=3]Pressure to Produce [/SIZE]
    • [SIZE=3]Thorough Reporting [/SIZE]
    • [SIZE=3]and much more.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]As we open our company to potential applicants we do so with full disclosure. While being a Cigar Rep. is a dream job to many, it is important that those who are looking for a relaxed environment not apply. We hope that we have both energized the willing and warded off the incapable.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]Preferred candidates reside near one of the following cities: Minneapolis, Kansas City, Dallas, Chicago, and Nashville.[/SIZE]

For additional information, send me a PM or visit and leave comments at olivacigar.com

Dave Wagner
    www.olivacigar.com

Puffer Fish with many spikes BengalMan's Avatar

Re: Cigar Rep Openings

I must say, this is an opportunity of a lifetime, however everything Dave said is 100% correct on the downsides. Be prepared to live out of a suitcase and have a Holiday Inn Priority Club card.

This is a great job that has a great upside, however the family requires 110% effort at all times. I'm glad Dave offered this to the great people on Club Stogie!

He who types in the dark Andyman's Avatar

If I were a single man I would be all over this!
    [SIZE="3"]Lifes short, HERF often..[/SIZE]

Sounds delightful

Maybe the mods will let you do a cross thread post in the Business Networking section.

http://www.clubstogie.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=54

Best Wishes

"aspera! per aspera! per ardua! ad astra!"

War-fighting Gorilla JohnnyKay5's Avatar

I'll be all over this as soon as I get back. yr 1/2 left on my contract, i'm game after that.. start talking job security if I preform well, retirement/health benifits and you have my attention.

Oh and promise not to send me to iraq!

[SIZE=3]GRAB A PIECE OF HISTORY AT[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4]THE SANDBOX RAFFLE[/SIZE]

Puffer Fish with many spikes The Mum's Avatar

A great opportunity.
    Jimmie the Mum

War-fighting Gorilla JohnnyKay5's Avatar

Unfortunatly Iraq disqualifies.. hopefully in a year or so!

[SIZE=3]GRAB A PIECE OF HISTORY AT[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4]THE SANDBOX RAFFLE[/SIZE]

Evolving Lead Gorrilla VoteKinky06's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Wagner View Post
    [SIZE=3]The Oliva Cigar Company is announcing the creation of five new Territory Rep. positions.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]The cigar industry is a dynamic and challenging industry to be a part of. It offers the distinct opportunity to do for a living what many of us do as a pastime. It offers the opportunity to share your passion of premium handmade cigars and to connect with those that make a living from this craft. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]While any cigar representative can tell you about the many benefits of working on the road for a cigar company, it is also important to understand the more serious side.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]The Oliva Cigar Company is a family owned company with an undying determination to position our cigars among the world’s finest. Our sales force is the country's best. They have become the best through constant dedication and hard work. Among the not so attractive parts of the job are:[/SIZE]

• [SIZE=3]Long Hours [/SIZE]
    • [SIZE=3]Work weekends and Holidays[/SIZE]
    • [SIZE=3]Heavy Travel [/SIZE]
    • [SIZE=3]Constant Accountability [/SIZE]
    • [SIZE=3]Pressure to Produce [/SIZE]
    • [SIZE=3]Thorough Reporting [/SIZE]
    • [SIZE=3]and much more.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]As we open our company to potential applicants we do so with full disclosure. While being a Cigar Rep. is a dream job to many, it is important that those who are looking for a relaxed environment not apply. We hope that we have both energized the willing and warded off the incapable.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]Preferred candidates reside near one of the following cities: Minneapolis, Kansas City, Dallas, Chicago, and Nashville.[/SIZE]

For additional information, send me a PM or visit and leave comments at olivacigar.com

Dave Wagner
    www.olivacigar.com
    If Houston were on that list I would be all over it
    "The American republic will endure until the day Congress discovers it can bribe the public with the public's money."

Alexis de Tocqueville

Elder Puffer Fish Leader Cigary's Avatar

Still a dream job anyway you slice it. If I didnt live in Atlanta and already enjoying my retirement I'd put in a resume without question. I have 25 years experience in business and would sell cigars to the anti smoking lobby and have them loving it. Damn this retirement!!!
    A mind is like a parachute...it works best when it's open.

Newbie in the ocean

I love Oliva like no other...by far my favorite brand. If I didn't have a baby on the way I would jump on this opportunity in a heartbeat. Good luck to the lucky people that do get hired.

Quote Originally Posted by Andyman View Post
    If I were a single man I would be all over this!
    I agree although i don't match the geographical requirements.

If this had come up before I went into the AF I would have considered it. Oh well.
    Boo-Frickity-Hoo

AlecBradley Regional Mgr. Shervin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by scottw View Post
    I agree although i don't match the geographical requirements.

Ditto

www.stogieinfo.info dannysguitar's Avatar

Need some help in So Cal? (lol) Oliva, in my opinion, would be one of the easiest companies to sell, based on price and quality its a no brainer for shops to carry their line.
    Check Out My Cigar Blog!
    Low-carbin' since 7/08

the fiend Davy Jones mrreindeer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dannysguitar View Post
    Need some help in So Cal? (lol) Oliva, in my opinion, would be one of the easiest companies to sell, based on price and quality its a no brainer for shops to carry their line.
    Come on Danny, smoking isn't allowed here in California....

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast