Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Oliva Serie V Ligero Especial

This is a discussion on Oliva Serie V Ligero Especial within the Meet the Manufacturer forums, part of the Cigar Specialty Forums category; Sounds sweet, Love the O I tried....

Full grown Puffer Fish Cigar Jockey-cl's Avatar

Sounds sweet, Love the O I tried.

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish Sam Leccia's Avatar

I smoked 2 more of these last night.

If you like strength, you will love this cigar.

The wrapper can best be described as a Navy Leather Bomber Jacket. It is a thicker wrapper than most of our other cigars, showing some nice smooth veins.

I will be giving a full review with pictures at a later time, but I wanted to give you all a bit more descriptions of it.

This cigar is a creeper. When you smoke this you will think, " this is not that full bodied", then after the halfway mark, it hits you. You get what can only be decribed as a Nicotine Drunk. My hands were shakin towards the end of it. When you first stand up after smoking it, you need to sit back down, this cigar's Stength and power is masked by it's smoothness.

After smoking this cigar, I was blown away by it's strength.

I drank 3 bottles of water afterwards, to get my bearings back.

And I would go out on a limb here and say that I probably smoke more cigars than most in this forum.

I can't wait for Serie V to be launched. This is the Cigar your mother warned you about.

Leading Puffer Fish cigar_joel-cl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Leccia View Post

The wrapper can best be described as a Navy Leather Bomber Jacket. It is a thicker wrapper than most of our other cigars, showing some nice smooth veins.

I will be giving a full review with pictures at a later time, but I wanted to give you all a bit more descriptions of it.

This cigar is a creeper. When you smoke this you will think, " this is not that full bodied", then after the halfway mark, it hits you. You get what can only be decribed as a Nicotine Drunk. My hands were shakin towards the end of it. When you first stand up after smoking it, you need to sit back down, this cigar's Stength and power is masked by it's smoothness.

And I would go out on a limb here and say that I probably smoke more cigars than most in this forum.

I can't wait for Serie V to be launched. This is the Cigar your mother warned you about.

Stop teasing me! I am drooling.......ibble: You need to talk them into a June release date!
    Cigar Lives Por Larranaga and Petit Corona whore!
    Hi John!!!

Maturing Puffer Fish StogieSteve's Avatar

The Oliva V, a full bodied smoke from Oliva will hit the streets in the next few months just before the RTDA show. See my review of this smoke in our $4-$6 section. We have an exclusive on this stick before it hits the street.

I for one am looking forward to this cigar like you won't believe! Hell, if Sam says this thing blew his socks off, that's good enough for me! Now all's I have to do is find a cigar shop near where I live now that will have them...

CD
    I SMOKE cigars.

Quote Originally Posted by GoinFerSmoke View Post
    Wow.. struck out on the crawl, the pre-launches and still don't know where I might be able to buy some when they are released..

How far are you from Baltimore? There's a big Oliva event at Cross Street Tobacco on June 28th. You'll get to try the V and Sheldon is giving away a big stainless BBQ grill. It's gonna be a great time.

Leading Puffer Fish

Joel,

how close are to to indianapolis? doing a pre-launch event with Jose Oliva at The Tobacco shop" on indy July 5th
    I'm in Indy...I take it I should try to be there, huh?

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish Sam Leccia's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by forgop View Post
    I'm in Indy...I take it I should try to be there, huh?
    Ah...YUP

Puffer Fish with many spikes xxwaldoxx-cl's Avatar

I smoked my first last night. I thought it was fantastic.

I'm definitely going to be marking the calendar for the pre release events in my area.
    Walt White
    Co-Founder: Stogie Review

Huge Puffer Fish packed with spikes

Dave was telling me about this past weeking at my B&M. Sounds like a great smoke. Can't wait for these to come out.

Full grown Puffer Fish

You're not the only one who can't wait! Check out my review of the Serie V here.

Here are a few more Serie V Pre Launch locations and dates:

NYC, NY - Grand Havana Room - June 20, 2007
    Norwalk, CT - Cigar Factory Outlet - June 23, 2007
    Horsham, PA - Cigar, Cigars - June 22, 2007
    Baltimore, MD - Cross Street Tobacco - June 28, 2007
    NYC, NY - Davidoff of Geneva - July 11, 2007
    Montclair, NJ - Fume - July 12, 2007
    Queens, NY - Havana Dreams - July 13, 2007
    Albany, NY - Habana Premium - July 14, 2007
    Skippack, PA - Top Shelf Cigar - July 19, 2007
    W. Reading, PA - Kensington Tobacconist, July 24, 2007

Young Puffer Fish Christian @ Just For Him-cl's Avatar

I want some of the special ones

Dave brought me one to my shop last night. This cigar is gonna be a hit. What a great balance of body and complexity. I smoked the 60 ring and it burned and smoked like a champ. Full bodied with so many nuances.

I had the pleasure of smoking a Serie V Perfecto with Gilberto Oliva here in Texas during the unveiling last Saturday. It is a very generous, flavorful, and balanced smoke. The power creeps up on you unknowingly, so I would have something to eat first. Truly another great cigar!!!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast