Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Oliva Grand Maduro

This is a discussion on Oliva Grand Maduro within the Meet the Manufacturer forums, part of the Cigar Specialty Forums category; Sam, I recently found a couple of Oliva Grand Maduro sticks that I had forgotten about, waaaay down in a ...

Oliva Grand Maduro

Sam,
    I recently found a couple of Oliva Grand Maduro sticks that I had forgotten about, waaaay down in a humi and had been aging for a couple of years. Some nice yello-on-the-cello. Mmmmm - I smoked one and MAN did it smoke nicely! I had forgotten how much I enjoyed them! Well, I sent out a couple for a contest win to some peeps and now alas, I have no more. My question is, is the Serie G Maduro the same blend or a bit different?

Thanks in advance!

CD
    I SMOKE cigars.

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish Sam Leccia's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ceedee View Post
    Sam,
    I recently found a couple of Oliva Grand Maduro sticks that I had forgotten about, waaaay down in a humi and had been aging for a couple of years. Some nice yello-on-the-cello. Mmmmm - I smoked one and MAN did it smoke nicely! I had forgotten how much I enjoyed them! Well, I sent out a couple for a contest win to some peeps and now alas, I have no more. My question is, is the Serie G Maduro the same blend or a bit different?

Thanks in advance!

CD
    CD..

Yeah those are some great smokes!

The Serie G IS THE SAME CIGAR as the Grand Maduro...we just changed the bands and the name..

However, the ones you smoked sounded like they had a nice bit of age on them..I bet it was a good one.

Sam,
    Thanks man for the quick reply. I thought that was the case, but not sure. I have to say that the Grand Maddie that I had was really a wonderful smoke. Like amazing! The aroma was intoxicating and the taste was creamy, with cocoa and leather intermixed. Mmmm! For a cigar at that price range, it was really TOO good! I will look into getting some of the Serie G Maduros as soon as I can!

Cheers!

CD
    I SMOKE cigars.

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish Sam Leccia's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ceedee View Post
    Sam,
    Thanks man for the quick reply. I thought that was the case, but not sure. I have to say that the Grand Maddie that I had was really a wonderful smoke. Like amazing! The aroma was intoxicating and the taste was creamy, with cocoa and leather intermixed. Mmmm! For a cigar at that price range, it was really TOO good! I will look into getting some of the Serie G Maduros as soon as I can!

Cheers!

CD
    I try to get on Cigar Live every day...and the Oliva section is the first place I go...If you ever want to get my take on anything...this is the place...

I love answering all the questions quite honestly...And I love this forum and the members here.

As far as the low price on the G maduro, and most of our cigars go...

It's simple...

There are over 20,000 cigar brands out on the market...yeah, just when u thought u smoked them all...well UNDER 1% of those 20,000 grow their own tobacco (we are the 2nd largest grower in Nicaragua), cure their own tobacco, age their own tobacco, and roll their own cigars...we are proud to be in the under 1%, and since there is no middle men, with the exception of the retailer, the customer saves...

We could easily get double for the G and G maduro...

But that's not our philosophy.

My b&m still has some grand maduro's and i was wondering how they were. I did a search and this popped up! I love this site! Thanks guys, and good to know that the Serie G Maduros are the same cigar, thanks Sam!
    Christian

Great information Sam thanks. I don't think there is a brand out there that gives you a better bang for your buck than Oliva. There are always some Gs, Os and Vs in one of my humis. Got to try some Ss some time. Any recomendation on those?
    "Come on, Old Man, I've smoked since I was 5. Mother insisted".........Gomez Adams

Sam is grade A people, other manufacturers should look to him as a shining example of how to utilize CL.. fer shure!

Puffer Fish with many spikes chip19's Avatar

The prices are amaizing for what you get. Oliva still remains my number 1 brand!
    SOME PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKIES-THEY BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN PUSHED DOWN THE STAIRS.

Full grown Puffer Fish brightpaths's Avatar

They are a favorite of mine as well, especially the Cameroon blend.

Thanks for making such wonderful cigars for us to enjoy, Oliva!

Full grown Puffer Fish brightpaths's Avatar

The Cameroon Nub is a terrific cigar! Thanks, Sam, for your vision. I love the draw and taste on that torpedo.

Many thanks,
    Don

Oliva consistently makes great cigars, and has for years.
    It is always nice to be able to give some cigars box time. I never smoke cigars "OTT" or of the truck. I have the maduro in the Special G, and really like it.

Huge Puffer Fish packed with spikes azpostal's Avatar

I've never had a bad one...the best bang for the buck

Sam, I have a question.
    About how old are those Grand Maduros?
    Christian

No longer a community member.

Never had a bad Oliva. I particularly enjoy the V's and G's. The O was not bad, but not my cup of tea, if you understand.

good brand, i love the v series

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast