Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Oliva O Bold

This is a discussion on Oliva O Bold within the Meet the Manufacturer forums, part of the Cigar Specialty Forums category; Sam, Is this one out of production, or has it been re-named and banded as with the Serie G? I ...

Banned

Oliva O Bold

Sam,
    Is this one out of production, or has it been re-named and banded as with the Serie G? I really enjoy the O Bold, and only have 1 left for vacation this year.

Thanks,
    Jamie

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish Sam Leccia's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ashauler View Post
    Sam,
    Is this one out of production, or has it been re-named and banded as with the Serie G? I really enjoy the O Bold, and only have 1 left for vacation this year.

Thanks,
    Jamie
    The O Bold is COMPLETELY out of production...

This should help clear up any confusion:

Grand Camaroon = Serie G
    Grand Maduro = Serie G Maduro
    O Classic = Serie O
    O Maduro = Serie O Maduro
    Master Blend 3 = New Cigar
    Special S = NEW Cigar
    Serie V = New Cigar

O Bold = Discontinued

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Leccia View Post
    The O Bold is COMPLETELY out of production...

This should help clear up any confusion:

Grand Camaroon = Serie G
    Grand Maduro = Serie G Maduro
    O Classic = Serie O
    O Maduro = Serie O Maduro
    Master Blend 3 = New Cigar
    Special S = NEW Cigar
    Serie V = New Cigar

O Bold = Discontinued
    Thanks for the reply Sam, this is great information to have. Sad, very sad, to have it confirmed that O Bold is not gonna be available anymore. PM me if you happen to know any retailers that may have some available for sale. Was this not a big seller for Oliva? For such a good smoke I am curious why it would be discontinued.

Thanks again,
    Jamie

Thanks for the reply Sam, this is great information to have. Sad, very sad, to have it confirmed that O Bold is not gonna be available anymore. PM me if you happen to know any retailers that may have some available for sale. Was this not a big seller for Oliva? For such a good smoke I am curious why it would be discontinued.

Thanks again,
    Jamie
    Sometimes in the cigar business Timing is everything...and the Bold was a little ahead of it's time. There was very little focus on this brand, and although there are a lot like you who love it, there are more who have never even tried it.

Sam

Hey Sam!

I picked up a few Bolds last week in NYC on Madison Ave at the Davidoff shop. They were in the storage humidor and way in the back. They were cloth banded and were probably close to 5 years (I think they were invoiced 02-03).

I brought them to an event in PA Friday and raffled a few off and shared a few with some friends at the event. Those suckers aged beautifully! We had a box of Torps and a box of Churchills. Keeps your eyes open for these gems in your travels.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Bulz View Post
    Hey Sam!

I picked up a few Bolds last week in NYC on Madison Ave at the Davidoff shop. They were in the storage humidor and way in the back. They were cloth banded and were probably close to 5 years (I think they were invoiced 02-03).

I brought them to an event in PA Friday and raffled a few off and shared a few with some friends at the event. Those suckers aged beautifully! We had a box of Torps and a box of Churchills. Keeps your eyes open for these gems in your travels.
    Sweet find!! If you find anymore and are willing to trade / sell, shoot me a PM as I would definitely be interested.

No longer a community member.

man, this is dissapointing. I had one a couple of months ago and enjoyed it very much.

Sweet find!! If you find anymore and are willing to trade / sell, shoot me a PM as I would definitely be interested.
    why can't you just smoke cigars that are easily available. you gotta send people on scavenger hunts trying to find pre-embargo tobacco with a candella wrapper in a Corona Minor size.

gheez.

good luck.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by chefchris View Post
    why can't you just smoke cigars that are easily available. you gotta send people on scavenger hunts trying to find pre-embargo tobacco with a candella wrapper in a Corona Minor size.

gheez.

good luck.

What would be the challenge in that........the better question is why all the hard to get cigars that I love happen to be Oliva's.....remember my search for the MB1 that YOU helped me out with??? Oh yeah, you got that one for me, why not this one.....are ya slackin?
    nsure:

What would be the challenge in that........the better question is why all the hard to get cigars that I love happen to be Oliva's.....remember my search for the MB1 that YOU helped me out with??? Oh yeah, you got that one for me, why not this one.....are ya slackin?
    nsure:
    i'm doing my best. give me time.

Quote Originally Posted by Bulz View Post
    Hey Sam!

I pick up anything Oliva with a cloth band or a tattoo....EVERYTIME I see em...they are becoming extinct.

Guys, found a small stash at my local B&M, Charlie's Tobacco Depot here in Matthews NC. I purchased a couple O Bolds and there are perhaps 10-20 more sticks there. I got a 3 pack for $12 - the beli's were $15 I think @ 3pack.

He has an assortment of vitolas and sizes, but of course, I don't have the totals nor the breakdown. I'm sorry I don't have better details, but if anyone is interested in buying some, I could purchase them and send them to you. ****** would be my preferred method. PM me please.

CD
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    I SMOKE cigars.

Elder Puffer Fish Leader

Quote Originally Posted by Ceedee View Post
    Guys, found a small stash at my local B&M, Charlie's Tobacco Depot here in Matthews NC. I purchased a couple O Bolds and there are perhaps 10-20 more sticks there. I got a 3 pack for $12 - the beli's were $15 I think @ 3pack.

He has an assortment of vitolas and sizes, but of course, I don't have the totals nor the breakdown. I'm sorry I don't have better details, but if anyone is interested in buying some, I could purchase them and send them to you. ****** would be my preferred method. PM me please.

CD
    PM sent! Love to get a fiver.

Elder Puffer Fish Leader

Man those look tastey. Can't wait to get that 5er in my humi! ibble:

Elder Puffer Fish Leader

BTW, Sam, how long have the O Bold's been out of production?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast