Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Gran Habano #5 corojo churchill

This is a discussion on Gran Habano #5 corojo churchill within the Meet the Manufacturer forums, part of the Cigar Specialty Forums category; Smoked this tonight and I really enjoyed it!. Other corojos I've had have been rather bitter or at most, pleasantly ...

Full grown Puffer Fish Maduro_Scotty's Avatar

Gran Habano #5 corojo churchill

Smoked this tonight and I really enjoyed it!. Other corojos I've had have been rather bitter or at most, pleasantly spicey with a good kick. The Punch Rare Corojo comes to mind in this regard. The scent of the wrapper was that of leather and the scent at the foot was more of a peppery corojo that I'm use to. This was a smooth feeling cigar with a few veiny lines.

I fired the Gran Habano up and was pleasantly surprised by the foral flavor. This lasted for the greater majority of the smoking experience. It wasn't until the last end of it when the corojo spice kicked in, that I really remembered the typical spice corojo that I've experienced with other cigars. The draw was a bit tight, but not too bad. The only downer was the head of the cigar where it came unwrapped a bit. I took care of it by using the old cutter and everything was fine from that point on.

I had the robusto version of this one about six months ago and enjoyed it, though I think this was a better experience. I'm not much of a corojo fan, though the Punch Rare Corojo and this #5 are having me contemplating a change of heart. I would post the nub picture, but it's badly out of focus. I'm bad when it comes to this whole pictures and technology thing.

This one's a winner. Any one else smoke one or is there a company rep who can elaborate on the history of this smoke?

Nice! The #5 is a great cigar. Ive read that you have to keep it at lower RH in order to enjoy this one. I will let mine sit out next time for a while before I smoke it.

This is one of my " Top Ten" sticks. Great botique line that gives great product for value. They do smoke better at a little lower RH, and can get a little bitter close to the nub, but I generally thought that it was my fault tending to smoke a little to fast.

If you want to try a little more "refined" version, try the Tres Siglos. This is an outstanding cigar!

Quote Originally Posted by discdog View Post
    This is one of my " Top Ten" sticks. Great botique line that gives great product for value. They do smoke better at a little lower RH, and can get a little bitter close to the nub, but I generally thought that it was my fault tending to smoke a little to fast.

If you want to try a little more "refined" version, try the Tres Siglos. This is an outstanding cigar!

3 siglos looks great, I will see if they carry that at my local B&M.

Quote Originally Posted by LouZava View Post
    3 siglos looks great, I will see if they carry that at my local B&M.
    Lou, let me know if you can't find them. I'll get ya a couple out.

Puffer Fish with some spikes Steve D-cl's Avatar

Burned the Corojo #5 I got in my sampler as my Father's Day smoke yesterday. I was a bit torn between trying something new and picking out tried-n-true stick. Normally I'm not a corojo fan but this stick was simply wonderful. Could pick out cocoa and caramel here and there along with good rich tobacco. Produced great quantities of smoke and was creamy on the palate. The GH Corojo #5 just jumped onto my 'gotta get some more of those' list in a big way!

Maturing Puffer Fish cigarsmoka-cl's Avatar

This by far my favorite Gran Habano cigar.....goooood stuff!

Elder Puffer Fish Leader

I smoked a Corojo #5 beli last night at my B&M, and while I was there picked up the 3 Siglios. The #5 was a great smoke at a great price. It's going on my ever-growing list. The 3 Siglios was not as supple as the #5, so I am going to let it sit in the humi for a while.

Puffer Fish with some spikes Lefty-cl's Avatar

Just smoked a Robusto...quite good. Had a nice cedar aroma to it.

Banned

I'll tell ya, thier whole line up is pretty good. You can't go wrong with them!!!

Huge Puffer Fish packed with spikes JohnRider's Avatar

Tonight I opened a brand new box of Gran Habano Corojo #5 Gran Robusto 6 x 54. What a beauty. The wrapper on this stick is dark, oily and shiny. The flavor is rich, but smoooooth. Very impressed.
    [SIZE="1"]Warning: This Post May Contain Cynicism Known To The State of California To Cause Depression, Social Ostracism And Other Reproductive Harm.[/SIZE]

Leading Puffer Fish brianhewitt-cl's Avatar

Right now this is one of my very favorite cigars! Blue Havana is running a special on them, you might want to check it out. I picked up a box of the churchills!