Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Great Time meeting Rocky Patel last night!

This is a discussion on Great Time meeting Rocky Patel last night! within the Meet the Manufacturer forums, part of the Cigar Specialty Forums category; Last night I headed to The Briar Shoppe here in Houston for the Rocky Patel event and party! So around ...

Elder Puffer Fish Leader Stogie's Avatar

Great Time meeting Rocky Patel last night!

Last night I headed to The Briar Shoppe here in Houston for the Rocky Patel event and party!

So around 4:00pm my buddy Abel "Incognito" and I head up to Briar Shoppe for the event. It is really great that he is able to come because he takes photography seriously. From sports to portraits he does a great job. We get there and Bo "Sysrock" is there already into his first Rocky Patel cigar. Great deals on Rocky's cigars including buy three and get one free. If you bought a box you got 5 free and a free torch lighter or ashtray.

The owner of The Briar Shoppe Pat O'Connor introduces me to Rocky Patel and I have to say this man is as cool and collect as they come. Rocky is very open about his passion for cigars. He answers the questions of everyone that comes up to him. I had a chanve to thank Rocky for his participation on our website and he gave me a pointer on building the site. He simply stated "It takes time." I thought alot about this because it reminds me that sometimes I need to slow down. You can definitely tell that Rocky takes this in everthing he does. Once a lawyer and now a leader in full bodied smokes Rocky really is a great role model for new people in the industry. His work ethic is above par as he is often referred to as one of the hardest working men in the cigar industry.

My choice for the night was the Rocky Patel Sungrown which I believe is one of the best values in cigars right now. So how far did I take it? Lets just say that was a SunGrown Nub for sure. I ended up buying more sungrown and some of the Java cigars for my wife to try.

After the event we went to a local bar for some great music and food provided by Pat. Thanks for having us at the event Pat and thank you Rocky for showing is what a true Brother of the Leaf is.

Check out the great pics Abel took of the event!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Great Time meeting Rocky Patel last night!-rp-event-01.jpg   Great Time meeting Rocky Patel last night!-rp-event-02.jpg   Great Time meeting Rocky Patel last night!-rp-event-03.jpg   Great Time meeting Rocky Patel last night!-rp-event-04.jpg   Great Time meeting Rocky Patel last night!-rp-event-05.jpg  

Great Time meeting Rocky Patel last night!-rp-event-06.jpg   Great Time meeting Rocky Patel last night!-rp-event-07.jpg   Great Time meeting Rocky Patel last night!-rp-event-08.jpg   Great Time meeting Rocky Patel last night!-rp-event-09.jpg   Great Time meeting Rocky Patel last night!-rp-event-10.jpg  

Great Time meeting Rocky Patel last night!-rp-event-11.jpg   Great Time meeting Rocky Patel last night!-rp-event-12.jpg   Great Time meeting Rocky Patel last night!-rp-event-13.jpg   Great Time meeting Rocky Patel last night!-rp-event-14.jpg  

Member has been banned

How much did you buy? lol

Full grown Puffer Fish countnikon's Avatar

Cool pics man. Looks like y'all had a good time.
    The most overlooked advantage to owning a computer is that if they foul up there's no law against wacking them around a little.

Banned

Thanks for sharing the pics!!!!!

John... your Avatar freaks me out. hehee. jk of course

It was a great event and I had a blast. I think I was the only one not smoking in that place!
    Abel...

Elder Puffer Fish Leader mrgatorman's Avatar

Stog...vey cool. I really love the blur effect on the pics. And the wide angle on the group shots. Very cool effects...As far as the pics contents...very nice...I was hoping to mee Rocky in Tampa but got sick that eve. Really sucks...hes definately one I wanted to meet. Very cool. thanks

Elder Puffer Fish Leader Stogie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mrgatorman View Post
    Stog...vey cool. I really love the blur effect on the pics. And the wide angle on the group shots. Very cool effects...As far as the pics contents...very nice...I was hoping to mee Rocky in Tampa but got sick that eve. Really sucks...hes definately one I wanted to meet. Very cool. thanks
    Yes I love the effect too! Abel does some really great things with the camera! He even cut off about 20 lbs on me in photoshop!

That looked like a blast, standing room only!
    There's no wrong way to eat a reeses.

Puffer Fish with some spikes Shorty's Avatar

Looked like you had a great time!
    Riding Harley’s, Drinking Jack, Shoot'n Pool, Smoking cigars... (Repeat)
    Long ash to you!

Elder Puffer Fish Leader g8trbone's Avatar

Looks like a great event and one heck of a shop! Thanks for letting us live vicariously through you!
    GO GATORS!!!
    National Champions - Football '96,' 06 & '08 - Basketball '06 & '07

CL's Mad Cigar Scientist bobbyg29-cl's Avatar

Awesome pics Stogie..I heard that Rocky is a great guy!
    Contributing Author and Resident "Cigar Science Guy", Team Stogie Fresh

Stogie, that was AWESOME! Glad as hell you, Incognito and Sysrock got to meet Rocky! I only wish I could be there... Oh well, at least you got me that cool autographed box of OWR's! Thanks man, I owe you one! He, he...

CD
    I SMOKE cigars.

Grat pics and it looks like you guys had a great time. Looking forward to meeting Rocky later this summer.

Elder Puffer Fish Leader

Very cool, Stogie! Man that must have been a blast!!

Looks like it was a great time wish I would have made it there for the event.

Awesome pics as well!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast