Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

New Cigar line for CAO

This is a discussion on New Cigar line for CAO within the Meet the Manufacturer forums, part of the Cigar Specialty Forums category; looks quite delicious...

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish CgarDan-cl's Avatar

looks quite delicious

That's sick!!

If I don't get a sample slipped to me at the RTDA, I will be very disappointed.

Elder Puffer Fish Leader Stogie's Avatar

That cigars look will be unmistakeable. Did I spell that right?

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish supergirl's Avatar

<--------- Excited!!!!!
    “When a man and woman share the love of cigars, it creates a unique intimacy.”

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish Research-Colin-cl's Avatar

umm

Hello All,

I don't mean to be a wet blanket here. The cigar sounds good from a filler point of view. In fact I am looking forward to trying this cigar. Is it just me or is there something slightly offputting about a cigar being sold based on our patriotism?

There are two ways to see this, as I see it, one is positive and that this is a celebration of the USA. The other is that it is a marketing ploy made to take advantage of something as important as the idea of the USA. As it is Independence Day I feel a little compelled to mention this. I just hope two things, one that this is a great cigar and two that it is done out of respect.

Happy Independence Day Everyone. I'll be having a little independence day celebration here in the UK.

Best, Colin

Quote Originally Posted by Research-Colin View Post
    Hello All,

I don't mean to be a wet blanket here. The cigar sounds good from a filler point of view. In fact I am looking forward to trying this cigar. Is it just me or is there something slightly offputting about a cigar being sold based on our patriotism?

There are two ways to see this, as I see it, one is positive and that this is a celebration of the USA. The other is that it is a marketing ploy made to take advantage of something as important as the idea of the USA. As it is Independence Day I feel a little compelled to mention this. I just hope two things, one that this is a great cigar and two that it is done out of respect.

Happy Independence Day Everyone. I'll be having a little independence day celebration here in the UK.

Best, Colin

I understand your point completely and I have an opinion.
    As long as things are tactfully done, I dont have an issue and would say it's good marketing to make an all ligero filler "American" consumer cigar. The stronger full bodied cigars have never been as big a draw as the US consumer has made them recently. So using the target audience in the packaging is somewhat fitting.

If I thought it was just bravo sierra that some dolt is using to make a quick buck, I dont give it the same consideration. I would likely frown on products that I don't appreciate which makes me prejudiced. But that's my problem.

As a proud veteran from a military family, I don't mind the packaging of this cigar. (As if that means anything)

I enjoyed the 2002 and 2003 Liberty's on more than one 4th of July.

Sorry for the threadjack.
    Back to the news!!

Someone mentioned the burn earlier. Using all ligero will make this a slow burner for sure. Should be an interesting experience!

Elder Puffer Fish Leader Stogie's Avatar

Are they going to have a Belicoso?

Someone mentioned the burn earlier. Using all ligero will make this a slow burner for sure. Should be an interesting experience![/QUOTE]

Bulz, that was a question I had. I realize that there are different ligeros being used and they each have differing burn qualities, but basically, don't ligero tobaccos all burn slower than say, binder or wrapper?

It seems like just last year someone came out with a brand new edition to their line, only to have so many burn complaints it had to be re-blended.

Now, don't get me wrong. I love strong smokes and I don't mind paying for the purty packagin', but I do want it to burn without constantly going out. I really like a lot of CAO products, smoking a Vision right now that I am liking a lot. So I hope this is a hit.

Puffer Fish with some spikes The Korean-cl's Avatar

I often wanted to smoke a Gurkha Dos Capos, but I never have, one reason is the look of it, it seems to me a little too much of a novelty. Now this cigar has a bit of uniqueness to it that makes me waiting one right now. Along with others, I can't wait

Heya, just got the CAO America Independence Day intro email. This really looks like an awesome cigar! Attached is a pic:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails New Cigar line for CAO-cao_america.jpg   New Cigar line for CAO-cao_america_2.jpg  
    I SMOKE cigars.

Elder Puffer Fish Leader g8trbone's Avatar

I just got the email as well Chris. They have great marketing and I enjoy their products, let's hope that it lives up to the hype!
    GO GATORS!!!
    National Champions - Football '96,' 06 & '08 - Basketball '06 & '07

Wow! I had wondered what CAO had up their sleeve for RTDA. This is really something! Can't wait to try them!

Marlboro Cigars Alter EGO Marlboro Cigars-cl's Avatar

The Maduro sounds like something I might want to try.
    Time to add another cigar to the wishlist.

Quote Originally Posted by Stogie View Post
    Are they going to have a Belicoso?
    Robusto, Toro & Beli.

I am looking foward to seeing what strength this cigar puts out. I know not all ligero is created equal but I am a big fan of the double ligero line by la flor and I'm hoping this new CAO will have some nice strength behind it.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast