Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

CAO Black 'VR'

This is a discussion on CAO Black 'VR' within the Meet the Manufacturer forums, part of the Cigar Specialty Forums category; Just tried my first one of these and would have to put it up with the Soprano and Brazilia as ...

CL's Mad Cigar Scientist bobbyg29-cl's Avatar

CAO Black 'VR'

Just tried my first one of these and would have to put it up with the Soprano and Brazilia as one of my favorite CAO's. Here is my review:

http://www.cigarlive.com/reviewpost/...8/limit/recent
    Contributing Author and Resident "Cigar Science Guy", Team Stogie Fresh

Rob, another wonderful review. Really some good stuff there. Going to definitely have to get a couple of these to sample, now that you have recommended it! Thanks again for sharing and have a wonderful and restful Independence Day!

CD
    I SMOKE cigars.

i've been looking to try one of these for awhile... if anyone has some up for trade i'd see what i can offer, they look tasty!!
    booooooooooooom

Young Puffer Fish RodneyFournier's Avatar

Rocking cigar!
    Smoke 'em, if you got 'em

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish smokin'Jef's Avatar

Nice review there Rob. I had my first Black Storm last night, not the VR though; and I gotta say from your review the two are seemingly similar. However, I doubt the regular Black is as strong as the VR.
    I found the the Black Storm to be a wonderfully complex smoke. Lots of peppery, and dare I say 'black' spice to it. Had a wonderful draw, solid medium body, smooth flavorful smoker, great construction, and the ash liked to drop just short of an inch. It was nubbed big time and I agree that it is now right up there for the CAO brand of Italia and Brazilia as one of my favorites from them. I will put the Black VR on my list and be prepared to sit down with that one someday hopefully soon.

Leading Puffer Fish

Hummm.... I smoked one of these a couple of weeks ago and it seems like we smoked a very different cigar. Maybe it was my mood or what I ate or maybe my taste buds were out of wack but the predominate flavor in the sample I had was Licorice. While I do like Licorice, it doesn't go well with cigars. Needless to say, I didn't enjoy it. But now you have me wondering, what the heck did I smoke? I'm going to have to try another.

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish smokin'Jef's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by alanf View Post
    Hummm.... I smoked one of these a couple of weeks ago and it seems like we smoked a very different cigar. Maybe it was my mood or what I ate or maybe my taste buds were out of wack but the predominate flavor in the sample I had was Licorice. While I do like Licorice, it doesn't go well with cigars. Needless to say, I didn't enjoy it. But now you have me wondering, what the heck did I smoke? I'm going to have to try another.
    Now that you mention that, it has me wondering what type of extra spice I was picking up. Black licorice? hmmm...
    I'm not as good at picking up nuances in smoking cigars like I am with beer. But that Black was very likeable and spicy rich. I will be getting a few more this fall as well as a VR or two to try.