Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Fusion

This is a discussion on Fusion within the Meet the Manufacturer forums, part of the Cigar Specialty Forums category; thinking about getting some of the Fusion line, anyone try them?...

Puffer Fish with many spikes thegraduate-cl's Avatar

Fusion

thinking about getting some of the Fusion line, anyone try them?
    Vince: Nah, E. Everyone wants to kill the king. But the prince, he just sails along telling all the ladies, "One day I'm gonna be king."

ReV
    No longer a community member.

they're good... i'm not crazy about the 90 or 92 but i still like this cigar. hey, are these a CI exclusive? the guys at my B&M were curious because they can't seem to get ahold of any...

Puffer Fish with many spikes guado's Avatar

I'm pretty sure the fusion is a CI thing
    Carlito's Stogie Nubber!
    http://www.stogienubber.com/

They are 100% a CI exclusive...and all of the CI subs...Cbid and cigar.com

Newbie in the ocean Sam Rocky Patel's Avatar

Thumbs up Decade & ITC 10yr.

Hello All:

Just stopping by to say hello and let you know about some new product we are releasing!

Decade: "Dark Beautiful Sumatra Wrapper" The Binder, and Fillers are a Secret! This cigar is intense!! Will be released in October, November to retail stores! Make sure your local retailer has this line!!!
    Sizes:
    Robusto 5 x 50
    Toro 6 x 52
    Torpedo 6 x 52
    Lonsdale 6 x 44

This full bodied masterpiece is the best ITC cigar ever produced. Rich and decadent: peppery yet sweet on the palate, this premium cigar is a must smoke after a great meal. Will be released in October, November to retail stores! Make sure your local retailer has this line!!!

Wrapper: Habana from Jalapa
    Binder: Esteli, Condega, and Jalapa
    Filler: Esteli, Condega, and Jalapa

Sizes:
    Robusto 5 x 50
    Lonsdale 6 x 44
    Toro 6 x 52
    Torpedo 6 x 52

Elder Puffer Fish Leader

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Rocky Patel View Post
    Hello All:

Just stopping by to say hello and let you know about some new product we are releasing!

Decade: "Dark Beautiful Sumatra Wrapper" The Binder, and Fillers are a Secret! This cigar is intense!! Will be released in October, November to retail stores! Make sure your local retailer has this line!!!
    Sizes:
    Robusto 5 x 50
    Toro 6 x 52
    Torpedo 6 x 52
    Lonsdale 6 x 44

This full bodied masterpiece is the best ITC cigar ever produced. Rich and decadent: peppery yet sweet on the palate, this premium cigar is a must smoke after a great meal. Will be released in October, November to retail stores! Make sure your local retailer has this line!!!

Wrapper: Habana from Jalapa
    Binder: Esteli, Condega, and Jalapa
    Filler: Esteli, Condega, and Jalapa

Sizes:
    Robusto 5 x 50
    Lonsdale 6 x 44
    Toro 6 x 52
    Torpedo 6 x 52

October or November...I don't know if I'll be able to hold out that long!! ibble:

Member has been banned

How about samples for CL members? lol

Puffer Fish with many spikes thegraduate-cl's Avatar

what is ITC? and samples are always good for CL. ya know...just to make sure the general public will like them
    Vince: Nah, E. Everyone wants to kill the king. But the prince, he just sails along telling all the ladies, "One day I'm gonna be king."

Full grown Puffer Fish Gatormoye's Avatar

The Decade is wonderful cigar. It was great at the show. I tried the fusion and i didn't like it. I don't think it's really a blend of the 90 and 92. It didn't taste like a blend of the two cigars, it tasted way different, like it was totally different tobacco. anyway that's my thoughts.
    The sun is orange and the sky is blue, that's how you know God is a gator too. Goooooooooo gators!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by thegraduate View Post
    what is ITC? and samples are always good for CL. ya know...just to make sure the general public will like them
    ITC = Indian Tabac

The Fusion does have that classic "Rocky flavor" I enjoy, but yeah it does not taste like a 90/92 vintage blend. Maybe its the different wrapper ?
    I dont like the way the blue bands look, they look well.....generic , the 90 and th 92 vintage sticks look very regal with contrast of the oily Broadleaf wrapper sepperated with burgundy and gold bands. I would expect a more royal look from the merge of two " best" blends.
    "Life is what happens while your busy making plans"-Jerry Garcia.

Leading Puffer Fish BeerAdvocate-cl's Avatar

One of my favorites. I cant wait to try the Fusion Double Maduro!
    "Mmmmm Beeeer"..... Homer Simpson/Me

Quote Originally Posted by Gatormoye View Post
    I tried the fusion and i didn't like it. I don't think it's really a blend of the 90 and 92. It didn't taste like a blend of the two cigars, it tasted way different, like it was totally different tobacco. anyway that's my thoughts.
    I'm with you on that score. The Fusion did not hold my interest at all....

I just had a Rocky Patel Fusion Double Maduro. It paired nicely with a fresh glass(or or two) Guinness. The burn was uneven at times, the way some oily maduro's are, not really a problem just kind of "jagged". The ash was flakey in the beginning, falling like snow flakes inbetween draws. I did not really get the full flavor of this cigar till half way through. But there it really hit me, I did taste the 90/92 blend followed buy the intense aroma of the double maduro. Then almost suddenly that sweet spot that was a sublime mix of aged tobbacco ended, and was replaced with the "I'M DONE" flavor
    "Life is what happens while your busy making plans"-Jerry Garcia.

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish texasmatt's Avatar

I've had both the regular one and the double maduro, and I feel like the natural ones actually taste better. I really like maduros, but the fusion MM's just did not taste that great at all. Maybe with aging they'll get better, but I just felt like the naturals were just better all around.
    I wish I could have Randy Galloway as my grandfather.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast