Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Illusione Cigars Section on CigarLive.com

This is a discussion on Illusione Cigars Section on CigarLive.com within the Meet the Manufacturer forums, part of the Cigar Specialty Forums category; Hello members I want to thank Illusione Cigars for deciding to have a section on CigarLive.com My first experience with ...

Elder Puffer Fish Leader Stogie's Avatar

Illusione Cigars Section on CigarLive.com

Hello members I want to thank Illusione Cigars for deciding to have a section on CigarLive.com

My first experience with these cigars was outstanding and as most can see by all the post about these cigars on CigarLive there was no doubt that we all needed to know more about these cigars directly from the source.

I saw Dion at the RTDA and he was very busy but still made time to talk to me and answer some questions. Cool thing too is that he handed me one of his Culebras.

In speaking with Dion I learned that he is a very low key person and so I contacted him after the show and asked if he could come on CigarLive and tell us more about his cigars. He is not one to boast his cigars on people so it is no wonder we actually had to track him down.

I explained to Dion that we as a community have a greed for knowledge.

Side note: If you have not tried the 68 you are really missing out. I just ordered the last box from Tower Cigars so good luck finding them.

http://www.illusionecigars.com

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Illusione Cigars Section on CigarLive.com-culebra.jpg   Illusione Cigars Section on CigarLive.com-68.jpg   Illusione Cigars Section on CigarLive.com-illusione.jpg  

Elder Puffer Fish Leader

Very nice! Glad to have you aboard.

Leading Puffer Fish Wingfan13-cl's Avatar

I havent tried any of the Illusione. Damnit...add another one to my list.

Puffer Fish with many spikes kass's Avatar

Welcome!
    Those culebras are pretty interesting. Gotta get my hands on some of those one day.

So far I have tried the 2 and the 88, can't wait to check the rest off of my list! Great cigars!
    "Great minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, small minds discuss people." Hyman Rickover

Stogie, great stuff once again in bringing the best new cigar making talent to CigarLive!

Dion and Illusione Cigars, to CL! Your reputation precedes you, in thanks to guys like Mark at Tower, Webmeister (Mike G. from NC), John51277, Bob & Dale from the dogwatch, Doc Stogiefresh and others... I have been lucky enough to enjoy a cg:4 and found it to be an amazing cigar (thanks to Webmeister)! I am looking forward to being able to purchase some Illusione's here in Charlotte soon! Thanks for a superb cigar and thanks for sharing!

CD
    I SMOKE cigars.

Full grown Puffer Fish

I gotta say I'm humbled to have a section dedicated to my cigars. First off, I'd like to say that I'm completely into the cigar culture and smoke everything from Nat Cicco's Churchill Rejects (candela wrapper ) all the way up to and through Davidoffs, La Flor Domicanas, Punch Rothschild double maduros, Hoyo Sultans, Tatuaje (any and every size) Sancho Panza Fuerte and maduro, Oliva, Joya de Nicaragua, Vegas Robaina, Bolivar (yes, from there) amongst many, many others. I really can't say that I have a particular region/country that's is my favorite, other than the obvious! I really like the different and signature nuances that DR, NIC, HON, CUBA have that make each cigar unique. If someone tells me that "Cuban Cigars" are the best, I usually reply that cigars are like wine. There are world-class wines from France, but not ALL French wines are world-class. Same goes for Cuban cigars, or for that matter, DR, NIC etc.
    My cigars are the kind of cigars I like to smoke - clean, bold, strong and aromatic - the way that Pre-Sandanista (1979) Nicaraguan cigars were. They're "component driven" meaning, layered and structured flavors that are built to live a minimum of 10 years. All of my boxes are date coded. I started doing this after about 6 months after boxing them because I was finding just how much 6 months of box age will contribute to them. The flavors start to get softer, rounder and a bit sweeter on the finish and in the olfactory senses. All of my tobaccos are aged for about 3 years before they're rolled and "entombed." that's what the word "Sepulto" means in the date code, the other "TVJ" stands for Tabacalera Valle Jalapa.
    Short of giving you the whole recipe, I can tell you that my blends are Criollo 98 and Corojo 99 with a Rosado oscuro Corojo wrapper. A good amount of the blend is Viso with a half leaf of Ligero. They're also a double-binder cigar. The reason I'm telling you this is because that many other "world-class" cigars are built this way, the different regions, farms and lots are of course confidential.

Thanks again for the warm welcome and kind words.

Dion Giolito
    www.illusionecigars.com

Welcome to CL. Looks like Pete Johnson will have a new rival.
    :sweat:

Elder Puffer Fish Leader

Awesome... simply freakin awesome smokes! Dion - I've said it before, and I'll say it again: you knocked this one outta the park, across the street, and down the block! I bought a box of cg:4 a while back from Mark (NorCalMark who joined the madness today), and every stick I light up is impressive. The 68's are an unbelievable little smoke as well.

Thanks Stogie for the new section.
    Thanks Dion for a very fine cigar and your participation.
    Thanks Mark for being such an great purveyor of earthly delights.

Full grown Puffer Fish

Quote Originally Posted by Fr8dog View Post
    Welcome to CL. Looks like Pete Johnson will have a new rival.
    :sweat:
    Pete's a MONSTER, believe me, I'm no competition besides, he has a different style of cigar. His recipies and Chef "Pepin's" expertise-there is no better combination, not with Ashton, not with anyone. Besides, we're good friends. I told him that if the cigar business got between our friendship that I would sell my line to him for a buck, I would, and he knows it. His friendship in the business means more to me than my cigars.

No longer a community member.

Quote Originally Posted by vudu9 View Post
    Pete's a MONSTER, believe me, I'm no competition besides, he has a different style of cigar. His recipies and Chef "Pepin's" expertise-there is no better combination, not with Ashton, not with anyone. Besides, we're good friends. I told him that if the cigar business got between our friendship that I would sell my line to him for a buck, I would, and he knows it. His friendship in the business means more to me than my cigars.
    Welcome to CL Dion. I am just completely awed by some of the people in the cigar like yourself. I look forward to trying one of your cigars. I think that the band is cool looking and it looks like you built your cigars around love and detication, and not for money.
    On a separate note I was wondering if you got my e-mail I sent to your company. It has to do with a cigar event in Washington State on Sept. 29, 2007. The event is called Cigar Smoke Easy.
    www.cigarsmokeeasy.com
    Just let me know if you got it. Thanks and good luck and I wish Illusion cigars the best.

Those are something I will have tolook into very, very soon.

Puffer Fish with many spikes FoZzMaN-cl's Avatar

Kick ass! Welcome Dion - heard nothing but the best things about your cigars, looking forward to trying them out! Not seeing any retailers in the Raleigh/Durham area...? : (

Banned

I'm starting to like Illusiones almost as much as Pepins...That is comming form a confirmed Pepin whore.

Welcome...

Elder Puffer Fish Leader mrgatorman's Avatar

Great to have you here...welcome to Cigar Live...Hope to get lots of info from you.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast