Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Series O Maduro

This is a discussion on Series O Maduro within the Meet the Manufacturer forums, part of the Cigar Specialty Forums category; I bought 2 of the O Maduros for golf this morning. I lit the first one and couldn't believe how ...

Elder Puffer Fish Leader JoeyBear's Avatar

Series O Maduro

I bought 2 of the O Maduros for golf this morning. I lit the first one and couldn't believe how bad it started. I figured I'd see if it got better after a little bit. I smoked about 1/2 of it and my buddies could tell I felt ill from the cigar. Finally, after feeling like I was gonna vomit, I tossed it. I figured I got a bad smoke...nothing more than that. Then tonight, I lit the other hoping it was going to redeem itself. No such luck. I was completely disappointed with it and I'm hoping they were just anomolies, but they were awful.

Anyone else have similar experiences or is it possible I got a bad batch?? I love the Os, but these were horrible.
    THIS SPACE FOR RENT

No longer a community member.

Nope, I found the Maduros of the Serie o to be a great smoke.

Elder Puffer Fish Leader happy1's Avatar

I'm not a big fan of them

Marlboro Cigars Alter EGO Marlboro Cigars-cl's Avatar

I had a bad stick before, draw was horrible;
    but flavor was still good and did not make me sick.

Hope you have better luck with the next one.

After having 2 of the same sticks be bad, I'm not in a rush to try another any time soon.
    THIS SPACE FOR RENT

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish Sam Leccia's Avatar

JoeyBear,

Sorry to hear about your experience.

After checking your profile you list Acids, 898's and Macanudos as some of your favorites...

As there is absolutely nothing wrong with the cigars you listed, they are all very mild smokes. This would make your experience with the O Maduro make sense.

Our maduros are a bit potent for your palette.

Try our Serie G in the double robusto...This should not disappoint.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Leccia View Post
    JoeyBear,

Sorry to hear about your experience.

After checking your profile you list Acids, 898's and Macanudos as some of your favorites...

As there is absolutely nothing wrong with the cigars you listed, they are all very mild smokes. This would make your experience with the O Maduro make sense.

Our maduros are a bit potent for your palette.

Try our Serie G in the double robusto...This should not disappoint.
    Sam, that list is from a while ago and I've completely changed my habits. I've had amazing Olivas and had to date never had a bad experience, until those two maduros. Oliva is probably my favorite company and I've got a nice selection, but I can't get past the experience of those two sticks.
    THIS SPACE FOR RENT

Elder Puffer Fish Leader mhlatke's Avatar

I just had one yesterday and it was terrific - as have the many I've smoked in the past. A real shame about your experience.
    "BADGES???....we don't need no stinkin' badges!"

Awaiting Confirmation

Ive not had good luck w/ them either.

Elder Puffer Fish Leader happy1's Avatar

I'm not a big fan either

Puffer Fish with many spikes ylo2na-cl's Avatar

I have tried them as well and found them not to be a very exciting smoke. Since I have a full box, am going to learn to enjoy them. Just need to pick the right time, the right mood, the right ???? It is out there somewhere!!!

Also, have any of you guys smoked a GISPERT - maduro? Would appreciate any/all info on this cigar.

Oliva O stands for OOOOhhh soo Good!
    They speak of my drink, but not of my thrist.

Young Fish

Have an 'O' in my humi right now...little nervous to smoke it. :huh_oh:
    Check out NUbCigar.com

No longer a community member.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Leccia View Post
    Joey? That true? Maybe you could get ol' vicegrips to hook ya up with the Acids!

I just think its funny how fast our tastes change.

Young Puffer Fish kcmasterpiece's Avatar

Wow interesting feedback.

The Oliva Maduro's are my favorites of all time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast