Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Tatuaje Cigars Dressed in Black

This is a discussion on Tatuaje Cigars Dressed in Black within the Meet the Manufacturer forums, part of the Cigar Specialty Forums category; I had the opportunity to meet Pete Johnson the owner of Tatuaje Cigars at this years RTDA in Houston, Texas. ...

Elder Puffer Fish Leader Stogie's Avatar

Tatuaje Cigars Dressed in Black

I had the opportunity to meet Pete Johnson the owner of Tatuaje Cigars at this years RTDA in Houston, Texas. He was pretty busy most of the days talking with retailers so I did not want to bother him and decided to wait until the last day I attended the show.

One of our fellow CigarLive members Dion of Illusione cigars was nice enough to introduce me to Pete. I told him that I was from CigarLive.com and he said he had seen the video that John Rider did of the Unicos by Tatuaje. I let him know I really liked his cigars. He ask me to hold on for a minute and went behind the booth and pulled out a batch of cigars and gave one to tx_tuff "Frank" and I to have. What I noticed next would spark my interest.

This cigar had a black label on it with a rough wrapper and before I could ask Pete told me I would never see it in stores. It was from his personal stash. After I picked up my jaw off of the floor I imediately knew when I would smoke this cigar. I would wait until I saw Pete again at another event months or years down the line.

I look forward to the day I can smoke it with him and talk more.

Thanks Pete!

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Tatuaje Cigars Dressed in Black-cigarliveblack.jpg   Tatuaje Cigars Dressed in Black-pete_johnson.jpg  

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish Research-Colin-cl's Avatar

Very very cool Daniel. That looks great and with tatuaje's reputation, I suspect that it is a great smoke.

Banned

You lucky dog you!!!!

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish wacbzz's Avatar

How about cutting that baby into pieces and auctioning them off here on CL for the rest of us to try?!!ibble:

Awaiting Confirmation

That's awesome Daniel! Can't wait to hear how that one smokes.

Elder Puffer Fish Leader

Very very cool! I've heard about his infamous black label cigars. They're from the man's personal stash, and you have one Daniel...that's pretty damn cool!

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish Research-Colin-cl's Avatar

What happened to your policy of re-gifting gifts? I guess this is one of the rare exceptions. Haha. Will you break your policy about reviewing cigars when you give this one a smoke?

As you can see, I'm trying to get you to follow some and break other rules as it suits...umm...the board.

Elder Puffer Fish Leader Stogie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Research-Colin View Post
    What happened to your policy of re-gifting gifts? I guess this is one of the rare exceptions. Haha. Will you break your policy about reviewing cigars when you give this one a smoke?

As you can see, I'm trying to get you to follow some and break other rules as it suits...umm...the board.
    Haha! I will never do a review on it! I will smoke it with Pete one day hopefully and just simply enjoy it!

Elder Puffer Fish Leader

What a great stick - something unique from Pete's private stash. Nice score Stogie!

Awaiting Confirmation

I've seen those on the web, quite impressive.
    Smoke it ....smoke it!

Awesome pic Stogie, I doubt I can wait that long to smoke mine

Marlboro Cigars Alter EGO Marlboro Cigars-cl's Avatar

Awesome looking stick.. what a rare find!!

Elder Puffer Fish Leader JoeyBear's Avatar

That was very cool of him to give you that. I'm sure it's gonna be amazing with some time on it, OR, right away
    THIS SPACE FOR RENT

Full grown Puffer Fish CubanLink-cl's Avatar

oh, come on. you've got to smoke it now and tell us all about it. please please please.

I'm curious too to know how taste such a rarity

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast