Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

So which is correct?

This is a discussion on So which is correct? within the Meet the Manufacturer forums, part of the Cigar Specialty Forums category; ...

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish wacbzz's Avatar

So which is correct?

I just saw this while looking at some reviews of the cg4:

http://cigarfan.wordpress.com/2007/0...4-white-horse/

So which one has the correct ring guage? The Illusione website or the box? Because a 48 smokes waaaaaay different than a 46....

And just where are they really made? This isn't as big of a deal...I am just curious.

Cigar Insider (7 August 2007) released their results of a vertical brand tasting with 8 of the 9 illusione cigars rated, scoring 90 points or better. The cg4′ reviewed here tied for top honors with the 68′ vitola at 92 points. For its CI debut, Id say that is a slam dunk! There is a discrepancy between the Cigar Insider piece and the illusione website regarding where these cigars are made. As I have listed above, the website shows Raices Cubanas in Honduras but Cigar Insider claims they come from the Fernandez y Fernandez factory, which is a subsidiary of Tabacalera Tropical. I deferred to the website as authoritative although they themselves have a discrepancy in the ring size of the cg4 so, who knows.

I am correct
    The only rights you have are the rights to the Jaw..

Thank you very much...most helpful you are

Huge Puffer Fish packed with spikes Lok17's Avatar

I am going with the box stamp on this one... lot easier for some dope web designer to mistype or something then it is to send out thousands of boxes that are incorrect
    Arguing on the internet is like being in the special olympics...even if you win, you're still retarded.

Full grown Puffer Fish

Quote Originally Posted by wacbzz View Post
    I just saw this while looking at some reviews of the cg4:

http://cigarfan.wordpress.com/2007/0...4-white-horse/

So which one has the correct ring guage? The Illusione website or the box? Because a 48 smokes waaaaaay different than a 46....

And just where are they really made? This isn't as big of a deal...I am just curious.
    The box is right, the site is wrong. It's being corrected. 5 5/8 x 46. As for the factory, Raices Cubanas is a subsidiary of Fernandez y Fernandez in Honduras. I have my cigars rolled in Honduras now as a contingency plan should Ortega decide to go back to his old ways and make everything in Nicaragua a "product of the state" Hope this clears things up.

Dion

Quote Originally Posted by vudu9 View Post
    The box is right, the site is wrong. It's being corrected. 5 5/8 x 46. As for the factory, Raices Cubanas is a subsidiary of Fernandez y Fernandez in Honduras. I have my cigars rolled in Honduras now as a contingency plan should Ortega decide to go back to his old ways and make everything in Nicaragua a "product of the state" Hope this clears things up.

Dion
    Thank you Dion for the quick reply and the info. Now, if I could just get my hands on a box of those cg4's...