Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

What's going on with Oliva

This is a discussion on What's going on with Oliva within the Meet the Manufacturer forums, part of the Cigar Specialty Forums category; All my go to guys have these on back order. Seems like those that have them are jacking up the ...

Full grown Puffer Fish Dickson-cl's Avatar

Question What's going on with Oliva

All my go to guys have these on back order. Seems like those that have them are jacking up the prices.
    "No one can tell me what is a good cigar -- for me. I am the only judge. There are no standards -- no real standards. Each man's preference is the only standard for him,

I see what you're doing!! Architeuthis's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dickson View Post
    All my go to guys have these on back order. Seems like those that have them are jacking up the prices.
    Check "Serious Cigars"... They are so good with inventory it's almost scary...

Leading Puffer Fish BigBuddha76's Avatar

that sucks...I dont like the sound of that.

Can we get an Oliva rep's take on this?
    Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag and start slitting throats. - H.L. Mencken

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish Sam Leccia's Avatar

I am assuming you are refering to The Serie V...This cigar is by no means limited production, however, having triple caps, and on the figurado triple cap and foot, they do take longer to roll, and there are only a small number of Oliva rollers who roll them, they are paid salary rather than production, to keep quality and consistancy at the highest level. Unlike the rest of our line, we can't just stop the factory and have everyone rolling V's...

With that said, having a 94 rated cigar, than having be the #4 cigar of the year, only increases the already high demand.

We are shipping approx 1000 boxes of V's a week. However we are selling over 500 boxes a DAY.

That's a hard demand to keep up with.

We have also limited EVERYONE who buys to make the playing field even. Accounts (no matter their size) are getting at a MAXIMUM 5-8 boxes and that is when they ask for EVERY facing. When stores do get their V's they tend to sell out same day or within the week.

I hope this helps...

Puffer Fish with many spikes Rocky Rulz's Avatar

I love the series V. My local B+m was out for a week, then got some in. My advice is when you see them,Buy them!.

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish Sam Leccia's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky Rulz View Post
    I love the series V. My local B+m was out for a week, then got some in. My advice is when you see them,Buy them!.
    take it from Rocky Patel.

Ok I need to find these now I've still yet to try them I'll be making a trip to the local B&M this weekend to see if they have any.
    (__(JM)____}}}

I smoked my first V today courtesy of Joe (AKA Bullybreed ) from his awesome PIF pack.
    Man it was good down to the nub. Just wished I would have picked a better time of day to smoke it. From the start this cigar packs tons of flavor, definitely not a mild morning smoke, more like a hard hitting, kick back, give me a scotch kinda smoke. Loved it and would recommend to all. Not for the faint of heart .
    Thanks again Joe.

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish Cigar Jack-cl's Avatar

I've loving the V but my boys at The Party Source won't sell by the box because they don't have enough V's. Thankfully they do not jack up their prices, best cigar money can buy at the moment.

Elder Puffer Fish Leader Deuce Da Masta's Avatar

Ive been smoking these up as fast as i can. Great cigar. Hard to come by. I only have 4 left! luckily, i have 12 lanceros from a box split heading my way soon.

the lancero is by far my favorite size. Hard to find bugger though!

Elder Puffer Fish Leader

Quote Originally Posted by CHRIS7891011 View Post
    Looks like Famous has a couple boxes of Lancero in stock
    http://www.famous-smoke.com/cigars/s...cfm/inum/25816

Grab em before they're gone! I am half-way thru my box. Hope the supply stabilizes by the time I need to restock...

Quote Originally Posted by CHRIS7891011 View Post
    That's the only size I've been able to find
    Simple pleasures are what life's all about!

Quote Originally Posted by jitzy View Post
    Ok I need to find these now I've still yet to try them I'll be making a trip to the local B&M this weekend to see if they have any.
    Believe me they are yummy!!!!

I hope that I can get some on Friday when I go to the shop I was going to buy my own for a change. Better call ahead to make sure they have them But I will settle for just about any of the Oliva line.

Then again I knew that this was going to happen. I usually happens with all the cigars that hit it off at the start.
    I am a woman and LOVE cigars so stop staring

Leading Puffer Fish brianhewitt-cl's Avatar

I'm so glad I picked up a box a month or two back. I was just smoking them too often to pay the per stick price. Now it looks like it was a good call if I want to smoke them at all!

I have also noticed that the Lancero seems to be the last size to sell out. One nearby B&M was all out of the other sizes, but had half a box of these guys left for quite a while. Those quickly vanished right around the time of the 94 rating.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast