Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Decade & ITC 10 Year Anniversary Reviews

This is a discussion on Decade & ITC 10 Year Anniversary Reviews within the Meet the Manufacturer forums, part of the Cigar Specialty Forums category; Hey gang, Hope everyone is doing well and enjoying some fine smokes these cold winter months. As many of you ...

Young Puffer Fish RockyPatelSales's Avatar

Post Decade & ITC 10 Year Anniversary Reviews

Hey gang,

Hope everyone is doing well and enjoying some fine smokes these cold winter months.

As many of you know, we released our RP Decade and ITC 10 Year Anniversary a month or so ago. We are very proud to have received a 91 rating on the Decade Toro in this month's issue of Cigar Afficionado. We anticipate just as good, if not better rating on the ITC 10 Year soon.

If you could be so kind, I would like to hear some thoughts and reviews on our two anniversary cigars. The Decade is medium bodied, accompanied by silky-smooth cocoa-coated smoke. The ITC 10 Year is a Nicaraguan puro with a special spicy Habano wrapper; medium-full bodied. Both are incredibly smooth and well-balanced.

Please post some thoughts and reviews on this thread.

If you need any information on these or other cigars we make, please let me know!

Thanks guys,

Adam Medere
    Rocky Patel Premium Cigar Co.

Leading Puffer Fish BeerAdvocate-cl's Avatar

Is it true that Rocky reblending the ITC 10yr?

Leading Puffer Fish BrianEE93-cl's Avatar

I actually like the ITC 10th better than the Decade. The ITC has a bitter taste on the wrapper that kind of grows on you. I first smoked the Toro and starting getting a mesquite wood flavor. I describe it like standing over a mesquite meat smoker. I bought a box of Robustos and I get a lot of the same flavors but not quite as much. They both are great cigars but the ITC's flavor, construction and burn just did it for me. The other plus is that they are cheaper! Keep up the good work.
    "It's a guy joke! If you don't have a willy, you don't get the silly!" -S Smith

Quote Originally Posted by BeerAdvocate View Post
    Is it true that Rocky reblending the ITC 10yr?
    Well it's already been blended...It's a terrific blend of Nicaraguan tobaccos. What's on the shelves is the only blend.

Huge Puffer Fish packed with spikes

I have several Decades in the humidor, but I have yet to smoke one. I really enjoy the ITC 10 Year.

Quote Originally Posted by BrianEE93 View Post
    I actually like the ITC 10th better than the Decade. The ITC has a bitter taste on the wrapper that kind of grows on you. I first smoked the Toro and starting getting a mesquite wood flavor. I describe it like standing over a mesquite meat smoker. I bought a box of Robustos and I get a lot of the same flavors but not quite as much. They both are great cigars but the ITC's flavor, construction and burn just did it for me. The other plus is that they are cheaper! Keep up the good work.
    Thank you very much. I appriciate the review. To be honest, I think the Lonsdale is the best size in the ITC 10 Year. It's 6 1/2 x 44, and is spicier. If your local B&M doesn't carry the lonsdale size, just tell them they should order it. It's worth the wait.

Quote Originally Posted by RockyPatelSales View Post
    Thank you very much. I appriciate the review. To be honest, I think the Lonsdale is the best size in the ITC 10 Year. It's 6 1/2 x 44, and is spicier. If your local B&M doesn't carry the lonsdale size, just tell them they should order it. It's worth the wait.
    I will try one if I can find it.

Huge Puffer Fish packed with spikes

Quote Originally Posted by BrianEE93 View Post
    I will try one if I can find it.
    I want to find a few of these as well.

Huge Puffer Fish packed with spikes Mtmouse's Avatar

The ITC 10th is one of my favorite cigars at this time. I'm not sure who you have rolling them, but the construction has been superior with everyone I've had so far. The flavor, nice and spicy, but silky smooth.

The flavor profile on the Decade is not to my liking. I've only had one so far, but it did nothing for me. I have a few more in my humidor that I'm going to let rest for a while. I will go back to them in a few months to see if the resting period or my pallet has changed.

I liked the ITC 10 yr better, but I thought it did get harsh towards the end of it like it was still a little young! I'm sure after a few months it we be one of the best smokes by RP.

I think the Decade is a very good smoke for a med cigar, and to me it smoked better towards the end of it, I didn't get any of the harshness I did with the ITC.

Over all I think what RP did with the ITC 10 yr with the new band and blend is really going to bring the ITC into play with other premium brands and I can't wait to try other new ITC as it comes out.

Leading Puffer Fish Wingfan13-cl's Avatar

I dont think I have ever seen a tighter ash than on the ITC 10th. Keep em commin'

Quote Originally Posted by Wingfan13 View Post
    I dont think I have ever seen a tighter ash than on the ITC 10th. Keep em commin'
    I agree! I think I could have smoked the whole Toro without it falling off. It just scared me too much and I had to knock it off with a hammer and chisel.

Puffer Fish with many spikes Rocky Rulz's Avatar

As a loyal slave to the RP Line, they are both well blended, complex smokes. I encourage everybody smoke both of them. They are 2 totally different tasting sticks.

Alpha Puffer Fish

hey rocky sales, you guys owe me 100 restitution for rockys stilted production. get at me for more details. you guys owe me greenbacks.

Elder Puffer Fish Leader Stogie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by vicegrips.ceo. View Post
    hey rocky sales, you guys owe me 100 restitution for rockys stilted production. get at me for more details. you guys owe me greenbacks.

Are you serious?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast