Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

What Tatuaje is this???

This is a discussion on What Tatuaje is this??? within the Meet the Manufacturer forums, part of the Cigar Specialty Forums category; Pete, I was gifted 2 Tatuaje sticks that have a shaggy foot. I have heard these are not available anymore. ...

Puffer Fish with many spikes Rocky Rulz's Avatar

What Tatuaje is this???

Pete,
    I was gifted 2 Tatuaje sticks that have a shaggy foot. I have heard these are not available anymore. What blend is this?

Thanks

Huge Puffer Fish packed with spikes Maduro PiPs's Avatar

Are they about 6-6.5 inches with a large ring gauge? Could be the Gran Conoju......no band.
    "WHO'S NEXT???"......LEGEND KILLER...No Need to Smack...the LK Record Speaks for itself!

Quote Originally Posted by Maduro PiPs View Post
    Are they about 6-6.5 inches with a large ring gauge? Could be the Gran Conoju......no band.
    I've got a few of these.... but none of them have a shaggy foot. Was there different type of rolls for this stick?
    It only takes me 1 drink to get drunk. The problem is, I can't remember if it's the 13th or 14th~George Burns

never mind... mine are not the "Gran"...
    It only takes me 1 drink to get drunk. The problem is, I can't remember if it's the 13th or 14th~George Burns

Huge Puffer Fish packed with spikes Lok17's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bobaganoosh View Post
    never mind... mine are not the "Gran"...
    Never question the PIPS!!!!!!!!!!
    Arguing on the internet is like being in the special olympics...even if you win, you're still retarded.

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish JLDUDE12345-cl's Avatar

Info Please

I have never tried Tatuaje. Are they any good?
    :support:

Full grown Puffer Fish

I think the shaggy foot is the Black label..Pete's personal blend...I believe..

CL's Mad Cigar Scientist bobbyg29-cl's Avatar

Does it look like this?

http://www.vitolas.net/displayimage.php?pos=-1069

If not, I am sure you can find it here:

http://www.vitolas.net/displayimage.php?pos=-832
    Contributing Author and Resident "Cigar Science Guy", Team Stogie Fresh

No longer a community member.

My only other thoughts would be either the Nuevitas Jibaros (can't find a pic, not even sure its a shaggy) or a Maravilla

Thats all I think is left.

Huge Puffer Fish packed with spikes Maduro PiPs's Avatar

LOL @ LoK...

Thanks Rob..that is it....scroll down to the Conojus....you will the Gran Conoju
    "WHO'S NEXT???"......LEGEND KILLER...No Need to Smack...the LK Record Speaks for itself!

Thanks for the info guys. It's not any of the pics listed. In the next few days, I will scan a pic for you guys.

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish leafandale's Avatar

If it's none of those, then it could be a Thermonuclear. There are very few of those around and Pete has handed some out at events over the years as kind of a joke, because they were so strong. I don't think it's banded but I'm not sure about the shag foot. If the ones you have aren't banded, and they aren't in any of the links provided, then they may not be Tatuajes.
    Leaf & Ale, Knoxville, TN
    The Good Life Cigar Blog News, Notes, more!

I am guessing that they are Nuevitas Jibaros. I made this cigar in Nicaragua with a different factory. I discontinued the line in late 2006. The factory making them actually closed and contracted their work to another factory. I could not trust the quality so better to close the line. The line might return in the future, we will see.

I originally modeled the Jibaros after some fresh rolled uncut Cohibas that a friend brought back from the island.

Thanks,
    Pete

Thats exactly what they are. I have 2 left.Thanks Pete, I love the tats
    If a Parsley Farmer doesn't pay his taxes, Can they garnish his wages?