Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Cx2 issues

This is a discussion on Cx2 issues within the Meet the Manufacturer forums, part of the Cigar Specialty Forums category; Just got done smoking my first Cx2. The flavor was incredible, but I had some issues with the wrapper splitting ...

No longer a community member.

Cx2 issues

Just got done smoking my first Cx2. The flavor was incredible, but I had some issues with the wrapper splitting apart about half way through. It was stored at 65% RH for as long as I had it (about 3 weeks), and I figured that was enough to let it get used to my humi. The wrapper was perfect when I cut it and began smoking it, but then it split. Maybe it was something I did?? :imconfused:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Cx2 issues-dsc03227.jpg   Cx2 issues-dsc03233.jpg   Cx2 issues-dsc03238.jpg  

Full grown Puffer Fish Maduro_Scotty's Avatar

You got me curious, so I brushed up on some basics regarding this issue. Split wrappers are due to slight overhumidification. When your cigar is lit, then poof!

Wet tobacco leaves will swell as they absorb moisture and the wrapper may split. A split wrapper spells the end for most cigars. (We've seen some unique shapes and sizes after desperate people have cut the ends off of their damaged sticks.)

Moderate over-humidification may result in interior swelling, the appearance of plume and possibly mold. If you catch the problem before mold appears, you should be able to fully revive your smokes without permanent damage. If mold appears, you should take immediate action.