Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

La Riqueza by Pete Johnson

This is a discussion on La Riqueza by Pete Johnson within the Meet the Manufacturer forums, part of the Cigar Specialty Forums category; Originally Posted by Ceedee Spectular news Pete! I have been waiting for a maduro from Tatuaje and from how you ...

Quote Originally Posted by Ceedee View Post
    Spectular news Pete! I have been waiting for a maduro from Tatuaje and from how you have explained the blend, it sounds outstanding. I cannot wait to try one. Definitely something I will be looking forward to!

CD
    Sorry brother, Not quite a maduro just a dark natural. The wrapper has been processing naturally for a while now and is just good and dark. Not to be designated as Maduro. Didn't want to mislead.......

Quote Originally Posted by Tatuaje View Post
    Sorry brother, Not quite a maduro just a dark natural. The wrapper has been processing naturally for a while now and is just good and dark. Not to be designated as Maduro. Didn't want to mislead.......
    My mistake... the CT Broadleaf set my mind to maduro vs a natural wrapper. Regardless, I am a fan of CT leaf myself. I am very interested in the La Riqueza still! Thanks though for the clarification Pete!

CD
    I SMOKE cigars.

Elder Puffer Fish Leader happy1's Avatar

THey still sound good
    It is fatal to enter any war without the will to win it.
    Douglas MacArthur

Huge Puffer Fish packed with spikes Lok17's Avatar

Can't wait to try it!! Anything from Pepin/Tat. is always good
    Arguing on the internet is like being in the special olympics...even if you win, you're still retarded.

Pete - La Riqueza versus Cabaiguan. How different are these going to be.....Rob

Full grown Puffer Fish acharpe-cl's Avatar

Sounds like an interesting cigar. I'm looking forward to giving it a try. Thanks for the info!
    I was probably drinking and smoking while I posted this. Life is good!

Puffer Fish with many spikes boxer757's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lok17 View Post
    Can't wait to try it!! Anything from Pepin/Tat. is always good
    My thoughts exactly. Have yet to light one up that I did not nub.

Sounds Great Pete......Just don't forget us out here on the west coast..........Can't wait

Puffer Fish with many spikes Sea Jay's Avatar

Pete - thanks for the good news! Sounds incredible. I am looking forward to it.

CJ
    "If your wife doesn't like the aroma of your cigar, change your wife."

Sounds good, and if you need smoking them let me know.

Quote Originally Posted by RoBolton View Post
    Pete - La Riqueza versus Cabaiguan. How different are these going to be.....Rob
    Blending style is similar but the wrapper gives off a much different profile than the Conn. Ecuador on Cabaiguan. This wrapper is Conn. USA...

Broadleaf can sometimes look very rustic but is very flavorful. If you have to compare wrapper colors, look at a box of Henry Clay Brevas. Dark and greasy is the best way to describe it.

Pete- Thanks for the response and keep putting out great cigars!!!!!

Leading Puffer Fish Dogwatch Dale-cl's Avatar

Always good to hear about a new cigar from you Pete. I think it's kewl you are willing to use a U.S. conny broadleaf as a wrapper. I also think it is one of the best flavored leaves, yet many blenders won't use it as wrapper because it usually doesn't have that smooth, elegant look. Sure.... a smooth, lush, micro vein wrapper is pretty and looks good in magazine ads, but I smoke a cigar for how it tastes!

As everyone else has already said, I'll be looking forward to trying the La Riqueza out. Is it too early to let us in on what formats you are considering? I know my vote doesn't count, but I'll sure be hoping for a Lancero, a Gran Corona and maybe a short Perfecto somewhere in the mix if they will highlight the flavors you are looking for.
    Dogwatch Dale Co-host, DogWatch Cigar Radio
    www.dogwatchsocialclub.com

Puffer Fish with some spikes 12stones-cl's Avatar

I'm definitely looking forward to trying these out. I'm with Dale, too. I'd love to know what sizes you're considering for this label.

Reading Pete's description actually started my mouth to water
    Why in the hell should I have to "Press 1 for English?"

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast