Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Has the Edge been changed?

This is a discussion on Has the Edge been changed? within the Meet the Manufacturer forums, part of the Cigar Specialty Forums category; I was just wondering if the blend of the Edge has changed. I smoked alot of them when they first ...

Full grown Puffer Fish monkeybong's Avatar

Has the Edge been changed?

I was just wondering if the blend of the Edge has changed. I smoked alot of them when they first came out and they don't taste the same to me anymore. Maybe my palate is to blame?

Young Puffer Fish RockyPatelSales's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by monkeybong View Post
    I was just wondering if the blend of the Edge has changed. I smoked alot of them when they first came out and they don't taste the same to me anymore. Maybe my palate is to blame?
    We haven't changed the blend on any of our cigars, but keep in mind it is a natural product which means every batch and crop will taste a little different.

Between me and you, I smoked the new batch thats coming soon, and the Edge is stronger than it has ever been.
    Adam Medere
    Rocky Patel Premium Cigar Co.

Full grown Puffer Fish monkeybong's Avatar

Wow, That was fast. Thanks for the info. Our local shop is having a Rocky tasting in March, maybe I can try some of the new Edge's then. Thanks again.

No longer a community member.

What's with the different blends with Square and Battalion? Why different blends and call them Edge?

Quote Originally Posted by baboruger View Post
    What's with the different blends with Square and Battalion? Why different blends and call them Edge?
    The Edge blend (Nicaraguan and Honduran) is the same for ALL of the Edge lines. The only different in the Missile and the Battalion is the size of the cigar.

The Edge Lite features the same blend as well, except it sports a silky Ecuadorian Connecticut wrapper.

The Edge Square (very limited) was produced about 2 years ago and features the Edge blend with an extra leaf or two of ligero to add body and spice. It is then box-pressed.

Keep in mind the size on a cigar can make a stark difference in taste/body in every cigar line.

Hope this information helps.
    Adam Medere

Elder Puffer Fish Leader Deuce Da Masta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RockyPatelSales View Post
    The Edge blend (Nicaraguan and Honduran) is the same for ALL of the Edge lines. The only different in the Missile and the Battalion is the size of the cigar.

The Edge Lite features the same blend as well, except it sports a silky Ecuadorian Connecticut wrapper.

The Edge Square (very limited) was produced about 2 years ago and features the Edge blend with an extra leaf or two of ligero to add body and spice. It is then box-pressed.

Keep in mind the size on a cigar can make a stark difference in taste/body in every cigar line.

I have a handfull of thos edge squares. I havent had the chance to try em but they look good! M favorite has been the missile maduro and im liking the sumatra a lot more now.

I see what you're doing!! Architeuthis's Avatar

I've been purchasing and smoking all varieties of The Edge since the beginning of time... <G> Construction and quality have been incredibly consistent, but taste has changed between the years. This has more to do with the natural changes in the tobacco crops from different years than anything else. In Squid's® opinion, the taste differences are not all that noticeable between years, especially if you let them age for a while. Edge maduro missles are some of the best-aging sticks I've ever smoked...

Quote Originally Posted by deuce View Post
    I have a handfull of thos edge squares. I havent had the chance to try em but they look good! M favorite has been the missile maduro and im liking the sumatra a lot more now.
    NO!!! SAVE YOURSELF!!! Send them all to Squid® so you won't destroy yer taste buds! HAW!!! <G>

No longer a community member.

Hmm...that's interesting because Rocky's brother told me at an event that they are different blends. I thought that was interesting, and I thought it did not make sense at the time. That's what prompted this question.

Your answer makes more sense to me.

Speaking of Edge, I purchase quit a few boxes of the RP Edge Counterfeits and cannot notice a difference in taste. Can you tell me if these are seconds? The main difference with the Edge Counterfeit I have noticed is they are larger in gauge and length (DC I believe).

Can we still get Edge Squares??? Haven't tried that one yet. Didn't even know about it!!!
    Please check out my cigar page: Cigar Smokers of New York. You will need a Facebook account in order to view it.

Quote Originally Posted by matalo View Post
    Speaking of Edge, I purchase quit a few boxes of the RP Edge Counterfeits and cannot notice a difference in taste. Can you tell me if these are seconds? The main difference with the Edge Counterfeit I have noticed is they are larger in gauge and length (DC I believe).
    That is a great question. The Edge Counterfeits are not a regular line item, it is a private label cigar. I only know about our regular lines. Wish I could help you with that.
    Adam Medere

Quote Originally Posted by baboruger View Post
    Hmm...that's interesting because Rocky's brother told me at an event that they are different blends. I thought that was interesting, and I thought it did not make sense at the time. That's what prompted this question.

Your answer makes more sense to me.
    Hmm... Squid® knows nothing of this... I was only going on personal impressions. I'll keep buying them for now... <G>

Quote Originally Posted by The EVP View Post
    Can we still get Edge Squares??? Haven't tried that one yet. Didn't even know about it!!!
    All you have to do is let your local shop, I believe "Goodfellas Cigars" in Medford, NY, let them know you would like a box of Edge Square (Toro, Torpedo, or Robusto) Corojo or Maduro, and they'll order it from us and we'll ship it right to them for you.
    Adam Medere

All you have to do is let your local shop, I believe "Goodfellas Cigars" in Medford, NY, let them know you would like a box of Edge Square (Toro, Torpedo, or Robusto) Corojo or Maduro, and they'll order it from us and we'll ship it right to them for you.
    They're having a Rocky Patel tasting night on March 20th....I'll ask the rep about them then. Thanks!
    Please check out my cigar page: Cigar Smokers of New York. You will need a Facebook account in order to view it.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast