Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

RP Edge Perfecto

This is a discussion on RP Edge Perfecto within the Meet the Manufacturer forums, part of the Cigar Specialty Forums category; Please tell us the story on this very fine but seemingly rare smoke. Thanks in advance. Jim O'F...

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish Newfie's Avatar

RP Edge Perfecto

Please tell us the story on this very fine but seemingly rare smoke.

Thanks in advance.

Jim O'F

Young Puffer Fish RockyPatelSales's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Newfie View Post
    Please tell us the story on this very fine but seemingly rare smoke.

Thanks in advance.

Jim O'F
    Hey Jim,

The Edge Perfecto was something Rocky thought of while down in Honduras some time ago. He was surprised at how many of the rollers said they could roll a perfect perfecto, so he put them to the test. The next day each roller rolled a sampling of perfectos. After smoking them, he realized that one size, the size that is now the Edge Perfecto, was the best smoking size. So he had them roll a few batches. The rest is history. They're still produced in small batches. However, it is not a regular line we carry, it is a private label cigar, so it will not be available to B&M retailers.

We do, however, make a perfecto (about the size of the Short Story) in the Vintage lines (1990, 1992, and 1999). The size is 4 x 48. This one is available for B&M shops to carry.

Thanks for the interest in our cigars Jim.
    Happy smoking!
    Adam Medere
    Rocky Patel Premium Cigar Co.

Leading Puffer Fish brianhewitt-cl's Avatar

Cool, I don't think I've ever seen one! I'll keep my eyes out for them...

Leading Puffer Fish Wingfan13-cl's Avatar

Jim, do you have any left ?

Full grown Puffer Fish earnold25-cl's Avatar

mannnnnn, I want one Its too hard to smoke bigger cigars when its freezing outside.

Quote Originally Posted by RockyPatelSales View Post
    Hey Jim,

The Edge Perfecto was something Rocky thought of while down in Honduras some time ago. He was surprised at how many of the rollers said they could roll a perfect perfecto, so he put them to the test. The next day each roller rolled a sampling of perfectos. After smoking them, he realized that one size, the size that is now the Edge Perfecto, was the best smoking size. So he had them roll a few batches. The rest is history. They're still produced in small batches. However, it is not a regular line we carry, it is a private label cigar, so it will not be available to B&M retailers.

We do, however, make a perfecto (about the size of the Short Story) in the Vintage lines (1990, 1992, and 1999). The size is 4 x 48. This one is available for B&M shops to carry.

Thanks for the interest in our cigars Jim.
    Happy smoking!
    Great info, thank you kindly. Please tell Rocky for me that these are awesome smokes and if I can find a box week after next while on business, I'll have 'em and guard 'em more fiercely than anything else in my humis.

John, yes I do and one of 'em has your name on it.

Great info, thank you kindly. Please tell Rocky for me that these are awesome smokes and if I can find a box week after next while on business, I'll have 'em and guard 'em more fiercely than anything else in my humis.

John, yes I do and one of 'em has your name on it.
    Thanks Jim. It looks like CI has 5ers in stock. Want to do a split ?

Full grown Puffer Fish earnold25-cl's Avatar

the ones at CI are listed as 6" x 60 perfectos? i don't think these are the same as the small "short story" types.

Quote Originally Posted by earnold25 View Post
    the ones at CI are listed as 6" x 60 perfectos? i don't think these are the same as the small "short story" types.
    Nope not at all. The ones listed on CI are the Edge Perfectos where as the ones I was refering to (the short story type) are of the Vintage lines.
    Adam Medere

snip...The ones listed on CI are the Edge Perfectos...snip
    Those are the ones I was referring to, the 6" X 60 ones. I think I did a review here on 'em.

One more question Mr. RP Sales, I don't find these as strong as Edge Torps or Missiles (majority population in my humis). Mind telling us if that's just me, if it's by fluke or by design?

Those are the ones I was referring to, the 6" X 60 ones. I think I did a review here on 'em.

One more question Mr. RP Sales, I don't find these as strong as Edge Torps or Missiles (majority population in my humis). Mind telling us if that's just me, if it's by fluke or by design?
    Let 'em sit a while :teacher:

I find that that maduro wrapper tends to be a little wet, so I'd suggest putting them in a drier part of your humidor to rest and age. With a little humidity drawn out, it should increase the spice/body level.

Hope that helps.
    Adam Medere

Let 'em sit a while :teacher:

I find that that maduro wrapper tends to be a little wet, so I'd suggest putting them in a drier part of your humidor to rest and age. With a little humidity drawn out, it should increase the spice/body level.

Hope that helps.
    OK, that will help. The ones I smokes were fairly fresh out of their store where I guess normally, RH levels are high, and I believe i did note in my review the burn was a little off in places. I keep mine low-mid 60s so by the time smoking weather comes around here in Ceh-Neh-Deh, they'll probably be prime.

Out of curiosity, these basically the same blend as the Torp and Missiles (which I BELIEVE) are the same blend.

OK, that will help. The ones I smokes were fairly fresh out of their store where I guess normally, RH levels are high, and I believe i did note in my review the burn was a little off in places. I keep mine low-mid 60s so by the time smoking weather comes around here in Ceh-Neh-Deh, they'll probably be prime.

Out of curiosity, these basically the same blend as the Torp and Missiles (which I BELIEVE) are the same blend.
    Yes, all of the Edge lines have the same binder and filler, the wrapper or size is the only difference.

Because of the bulbous mid-section of the perfecto, the spice/body level will be toned down by long filler. This will add flavor/notes to the cigar in place of the spice factor.
    Adam Medere

Just placed an order for 10 Corojo, 10 Maduro. I can't get enough of these. Now if I can only find the box pressed.

Quote Originally Posted by Wingfan13 View Post
    Just placed an order for 10 Corojo, 10 Maduro. I can't get enough of these. Now if I can only find the box pressed.
    You're a good man. Even better man for supporting the Wings!

Keep in mind, any tobacco store can order from us directly and you can pick it up from them. The Edge Square is extremely limited and is not being produced. They were rolled two years ago and have been aging in our warehouse.

Don't forget about Edge Lites. It's the bold Edge blend with a creamy Connecticut wrapper. An excellent smoke.
    Adam Medere

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast