Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

So What's The Big Deal About Illusiones???

This is a discussion on So What's The Big Deal About Illusiones??? within the Meet the Manufacturer forums, part of the Cigar Specialty Forums category; Originally Posted by jitzy did you smoke the one you got? repost after you smoke it Thats what I'm talkin ...

Puffer Fish with many spikes elmomac's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jitzy View Post
    did you smoke the one you got? repost after you smoke it
    Thats what I'm talkin about...shut up and smoke!!!
    Your ad here! I may be cheap but I aint easy...no wait I'm easy but not cheap...no wait duoh!!

u can read my review if u like ... http://thestogiebaby.com/2008/03/07/illusione-88/

but just smoke it man! tell us what u think. out of all the hyped cigars, this is the best one, imo. i love this cigar. NOW GO smoke it ! lol
    www.TheStogieBaby.com
    Cigar Audio Reviews, Podcast, Cigar Blog

Quote Originally Posted by Ceedee View Post
    Ha, Webby knows best

They are a seriously amazing smoke. I think you will be pleasantly surprised with the cigar that Chris bombed you with. Enjoy!

CD
    'nuff said!
    "Pool playing and stogie smokin' go together like O.J. Simpson and sharp cutlery," - Mr. Cigar

illusione cigars are made from 1st generation cuban-seed Nicaragua tobacco. The wrapper is a cafe rosado/oscuro and the filler/binder uses criollo and corojo tobacco. The tobacco is from Eduardo Fernandez in Estelí, Nicaragua and they are rolled by Raices Cubanas in Danli, Honduras.

I do not know if it is the “HYPE” but I can not believe that everyone likes illusione cigars, especially the last production run which have no age on them 01/08. Do not get me wrong but the illusione cigars from 06/07 to 07/07 production run are smoking awesome right now. These need a minimum of 4 months to 6 months before the true taste will come out.

illusione 888 from 06/07 to 07/07 production run:

Construction is flawless with a café rosado/oscuro wrapper. Once first lit, you will have a caramel like flavor that is counterbalanced by a peppery zing and a strong tobacco flavor. As the flavors start to develop, distinct features of spices and leather will start to come through. In the end, all of these flavors will revolve closely around the core tobacco flavor creating slight hints of licorice, with a finish of lingering sweet tobacco taste.

Elder Puffer Fish Leader

The boxes of 68's that I am smoking now were marked 9/1/2007, and find them to be very tasty. The box of cg:4 is marked 11/4/2006 - also awesome tasting. I have 2 more boxes of 68 and others of cg:4 and mk that I bought more recently. I don't know those box codes because they are in my locker at Charlie's. I fired up one of the mk's the other night and it was exceptionally good.

Can't say that I've smoked a 68 or cg:4 from the January run, so I can't give you an opinion on them. I can tell you that I've tried just about every vitola in the line over the past year, and haven't been disappointed yet.

No longer a community member.

Quote Originally Posted by RoBolton View Post
    Do not get me wrong but the illusione cigars from 06/07 to 07/07 production run are smoking awesome right now.
    This is the box date I have, and I am letting them sit until a year. Going scouting for more tomorrow....

Full grown Puffer Fish maduromojo-cl's Avatar

Hey Coastie stay out of Brookline! No more Illusiones for you! Wanna buy a box of 68s? Don't cry I'm just kidding.

Btw, neither Tim nor John were around to ask when more boxes were due. I was there on Monday after my transmission went. I spent part of the day waiting there smoking an 88. Good smoke but the draw was a little tighter than I like. I may stop by tomorrow afternoon/night (3/14) after work for a smoke.
    "Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar, but a good cigar is a smoke.” - Freud/Kipling Mashup; "Fight the Power. Smoke a Cigar."

Haven't had the pleasure yet.

Picked up my first handful of Illusiones today. Soon as the weather clears I'm going to conduct my own studies.
    [SIZE="4"][/SIZE]NUbCigar.com

Great cigars, no doubt.

My verdict is in. Check out the link:

http://www.cigarlive.com/forum/showt...d=1#post219728

Elder Puffer Fish Leader

That's what I'm talkin about!

Would have sucked to get hit by lightning, paramedics ask you what you were doing, and your response "it was an Illusione".

Quote Originally Posted by Webmeister View Post
    That's what I'm talkin about!

Would have sucked to get hit by lightning, paramedics ask you what you were doing, and your response "it was an Illusione".
    It did get a little hairy there for a minute.

Quote Originally Posted by zion698 View Post
    My verdict is in. Check out the link:

http://www.cigarlive.com/forum/showt...d=1#post219728
    Excellent Marcian! I just picked up a couple more ~cg-4~ the other day... Damn they are good!

CD
    I SMOKE cigars.

Awaiting Confirmation

Quote Originally Posted by architeuthis View Post
    Squid® simply loves your positive, bubbly, ever-cheerful and always descriptive approach to life! <G>

Deuce started it.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast