Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

So What's The Big Deal About Illusiones???

This is a discussion on So What's The Big Deal About Illusiones??? within the Meet the Manufacturer forums, part of the Cigar Specialty Forums category; Good cigars, but I don't know that I'd call them great. For my money, IMHO, there are better smokes out ...

Leading Puffer Fish poriggity-cl's Avatar

Good cigars, but I don't know that I'd call them great. For my money, IMHO, there are better smokes out there.
    Scott

Alpha Puffer Fish

I was given one by Bama BOTL Metalibama the other day, a LONSDALE f9, mild and smooth, but the last 3 inches were DYNAMITE!! Very tasty and spicey enough
    Inactive member

After seeing this thread I bought a handful of the Illusione 88's. I really like the flavors. However, four out of the five sticks that I smoked had contruction issues. Issues like soft spots, wrapper patch work, wrapper came apart more than once, bad burn, etc. Did I just get a hold of a bad batch?
    [SIZE="4"][/SIZE]NUbCigar.com

Leading Puffer Fish Wingfan13-cl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by zion698 View Post
    After seeing this thread I bought a handful of the Illusione 88's. I really like the flavors. However, four out of the five sticks that I smoked had contruction issues. Issues like soft spots, wrapper patch work, wrapper came apart more than once, bad burn, etc. Did I just get a hold of a bad batch?

I would say so. Of all the ones I have had they have LOOKED flawless. I did have some burn issues with some but they all looked great.

Full grown Puffer Fish

Quote Originally Posted by zion698 View Post

Wrapper patchwork??? Never seen that on my stuff. I'll be sure to look out for that one. On rare occasion, I've had an underfilled F9 that went soft, that's about it. Which size(s) were you smoking? I'd like to relay that back to the factory. As for the cover leaf coming apart - ZERO issues. Where did they come from?

No longer a community member.

Just as an FYI - I love Illusione cigars - but, the last one I had, I believe it was an 88 had a stem the size of a 3-4 inch linguini in it. I pulled it out a the herf, and someone commented that I could clean my teeth with that. This same cigar also had a long white hair in it when I pulled out the stem...

Just wanted to let you know seeing as you wanted to know. Never seen a patch on any though.

Quote Originally Posted by vudu9 View Post
    Wrapper patchwork??? Never seen that on my stuff. I'll be sure to look out for that one. On rare occasion, I've had an underfilled F9 that went soft, that's about it. Which size(s) were you smoking? I'd like to relay that back to the factory. As for the cover leaf coming apart - ZERO issues. Where did they come from?

Quote Originally Posted by vudu9 View Post
    They were all 88's (5x52 robusto). I got it from a local B&M in Suwanee, Ga. It was the first time they have ever carried them. When I say "patchwork" I mean to say the end of the wrapper at the end of the roll was kind of jagged. Instead of a straight angled cut. I'm no expert but it stood out to me. I can live with that though ... The cigar coming apart and being under filled are bigger issues. Overall they tasted great, but the construction issues tarnished the overall experience. I would give them another shot though.
    [SIZE="4"][/SIZE]NUbCigar.com

I got my illusiones in a deep coma for the next year or so. Hollar atchya with a review in a year. My boxes are marked 1/08.

Elder Puffer Fish Leader

I must have gone through a metric ton of all shapes and sizes of Illusiones (except for a couple of culebra 23's that are still sound asleep). I have never come across a bad one, no lumber or hairs, no soft spots, etc. I'd say you got hold of an oddity.

Awaiting Confirmation

All the 88's I've had were flawless.

Quote Originally Posted by Webmeister View Post
    The boxes of 68's that I am smoking now were marked 9/1/2007, and find them to be very tasty. The box of cg:4 is marked 11/4/2006 - also awesome tasting. I have 2 more boxes of 68 and others of cg:4 and mk that I bought more recently. I don't know those box codes because they are in my locker at Charlie's. I fired up one of the mk's the other night and it was exceptionally good.

Can't say that I've smoked a 68 or cg:4 from the January run, so I can't give you an opinion on them. I can tell you that I've tried just about every vitola in the line over the past year, and haven't been disappointed yet.

I can vouch to this--and the MK Webby gave me at a Herf was exceptional...Thanks Again Mike!
    ViVat Jesus!

Huge Puffer Fish packed with spikes

I never had any problems with any that I smoked. They all had excellent construction, burn and draw. These are always in my rotation.

Huge Puffer Fish packed with spikes stlcards's Avatar

Are the different names just for sizing purposes or do they have different blends? Nobody around me carries them right now. Maybe I can order some online and get my B&M hooked on them too.

Quote Originally Posted by Webmeister View Post
    I must have gone through a metric ton of all shapes and sizes of Illusiones (except for a couple of culebra 23's that are still sound asleep). I have never come across a bad one, no lumber or hairs, no soft spots, etc. I'd say you got hold of an oddity.

I would agree with you there, but I just thought Deon might light to know seeing as he was asking about the other issues. of the 10 or so that I have smoked, this one was the first one I've ever had with a problem. I'm not trying to say they are all like that.

I also know that there will be inconsistency with cigars, but I would hope the veins would be able to be seen and taken care of, nothing worse than a tree branch in your cigar LOL

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3